It’s day one of Ticats practice and there’s a whole lot to get to, so….
- the Ticats have made Phillip Lolley’s appointment as defensive coordinator official and say that former DC Jeff Reinebold has been “offered an alternate position to stay with the organization.” There was no sign of Reinebold at practice today.
- new assistant head coach June Jones is taking an active role in the offence, directing players during the walk through and working with the quarterbacks during the individual sessions. He is acting very much like an offensive coordinator would.
- the Ticats made a series of roster moves this morning. They confirmed the signing of former Eskimos offensive lineman Tony Washington, while also adding defensive back Cariel Brooks, defensive end Mike McAdoo and wide receiver Gerell Robinson. The team also released defensive back Ethan Davis, offensive lineman Quinterrius Eatmon, receiver Kevin Elliott and quarterback Logan Kilgore. Eatmon started last week and Elliott has been in and out of the line up.
- with Eatmon gone, Washington is taking the reps at right tackle.
- on the injury front, defensive back Emanuel Davis is practicing with the first team and could potentially make his return to the line up this week. Quarterback Everett Golson is set to come off the six-game injured list. Linebacker / defensive back Will Hill, who was hurt in the loss to Edmonton, is practicing as well. Craig Butler is also out there but his return does not appear imminent.
- despite all the changes the most unusual thing about Ticat practice today was that Kent Austin wore his hat backwards for much of it.
Drew Edwards is into his eighth season covering the CFL and the Ticats for the Hamilton Spectator. He is the founder and editor of 3DownNation.
Latest posts by Drew Edwards (see all)
- Randy Ambrosie brings his chatty road show to Hamilton - February 22, 2018
- Why Orlondo Steinauer is returning to the Ticats (we think) - February 22, 2018
- Alouettes want to host the Grey Cup but where will they play it? - February 22, 2018