With the Hamilton Tiger-Cats having made their final cuts on Saturday’s, here’s a projected depth chart.
• there are some injury projections here that may or may not be accurate. For example, the team has added defensive back Emanuel Davis from the suspended list but there’s no way to know if he’s going to be ready for week one. Same with fellow halfback Abdul Kanneh, who didn’t play in the pre-season, and Canadian defensive tackle Mike Atkinson, who hasn’t practiced in more than a week. Canadian receiver Giovanni Aprile has been officially added to the six-game and I’m fairly certain national defensive back Craig Butler, defensive tackle Evan Gill and quarterback Everett Golson won’t be ready for week one. Not as sure about national safety Mike Daly but he just started practicing late last week.
• one of the reasons I do think Atkinson will be ready is that the Ticats only kept one American defensive tackle in Davon Coleman, an indicator that they plan on using a Canadian at both defensive tackle spots. If they can’t, they will have to find their seventh starting Canadian elsewhere and this roster will look decidedly different.
• there are 50 players on the depth chart so there will have have to be additional roster moves as the active roster is only 46 players (with 44 on the game day roster.) The Ticats have until Tuesday to add players to the one-game or six game injured list (as do all teams) and they also have three practice roster spots still available. There’s still the possibility they could add a player or two from cuts around the CFL, particularly an American offensive tackle.
• the secondary is a bit of a guess, given that two of the six guys who started last Friday were cut on Saturday (including SAM Dominique Ellis.)
• at least of some these questions should be answered at the Ticats first practice either Monday or Tuesday, with more coming as the Ticats make their final roster moves.
Latest posts by Drew Edwards (see all)
- Ticats mini-camp to be different under June Jones (just like everything else) - April 23, 2018
- Coach Sal ready for new role on Ticats radio broadcasts - April 17, 2018
- NCAA changed their kickoff rules to make the game safer. Should the CFL follow? - April 14, 2018