Online sports betting in Ontario has expanded in a big way, and Unibet Sportsbook is one of the regulated operators now serving the country’s most populous province. You can open a legal Unibet Sportsbook account in Ontario right now.
Unibet offers a world-class betting experience, complete with an easy-to-use mobile app and a huge betting menu. Below, we’ll dive deeper into Unibet in Ontario.
Unibet Ontario Sportsbook code for September 2023
You do not need to worry about entering a Unibet Sportsbook code when you sign up for a new Unibet Ontario account.
The sign-up process couldn’t be easier. Navigate to the Unibet Canada homepage and click ‘Register’ in the top right corner to sign up. You’ll be prompted to provide a few details, such as:
- Email Address
- Home Address
- Phone Number
- Date Of Birth
- Last four digits of SSN
Once your account is set up, which only takes a matter of moments, you’re ready to make a deposit and start betting. For all details about the registration process and a complete list of terms and conditions, visit Unibet Sportsbook Ontario.
|Online Sportsbook||Unibet Sportsbook|
|Unibet Ontario Code||None – Click to register|
|Unibet Ontario Bet Features||Fast iOS and Android app, quality customer service, and competitive odds|
|Last Updated||September 2023|
Unibet Sportsbook betting menu
If you’re looking to bet on a big game or event, you shouldn’t have trouble finding it at Unibet. The sportsbook offers a range of sports for betting. The most popular leagues and competitions include the following:
Beyond the above, you can also explore other options like curling, cricket, rugby, and even some with smaller followings like cycling and darts. If it’s a sport that’s generally available for betting in legal jurisdictions, you’ll likely find it here.
CFL betting at Unibet Sportsbook in Ontario
All of the major sports have their own individual link at Unibet when they’re in season. You can find betting odds for the CFL by clicking on that link or by choosing football from the A-Z menu. Once you’ve done so, all of the upcoming games will appear in a betting lobby, with odds for the main bets:
- Moneyline: Moneyline bets involve picking which team you think will win the game outright.
- Spreads: Unibet will set a point spread for each CFL game. If you bet on the favourite, that team must win by more than the spread. If you bet on the underdog, that team can lose by less than the spread, and bets on it would still win.
- Totals: Also known as over/unders, these are bets on the total points in the game in relation to an estimated line that Unibet sets.
The above wagers are the “big three” of sports bets, but they’re not the only options. Other top bets on CFL action include the following:
- Props: Virtually any bet that isn’t the ML, spread, or total. Many props are over/unders based on player statistical performance, while team and game props are also common.
- Alternates: Additional options for betting on the spread and total with different lines and odds from the standard ones.
- Parlays: You can wager on multiple outcomes on one single betting slip for the chance at greater returns, but all of your picks have to be correct or you win nothing.
- Live betting: Once the game starts, continue betting based on what’s happening on the field of play.
- Futures: Long-term bets on how the season will play out. You can bet on things like the winner of the next Grey Cup or CFL Most Outstanding Player.
For even more ways to bet on the CFL, there are wagers on individual quarters and halves of the game. In short, when you’re ready to bet on the CFL at Unibet, you’ll have a range of choices for each game all season long.
Unibet Sportsbook review and rankings
Unibet has been growing its presence in the world of legal online sports betting, while the company as a whole has a big presence across the globe.
On the Apple App Store, reviews of Unibet Sportsbook have been mixed, with an average rating of 2.5. The reviews have been more favourable on the Google Play Store, with an average score of 3.8. Based on our test runs, here’s how we rate Unibet in a few key areas:
- App usability (4.0): It’s a basic sportsbook without many extraneous features. For getting down to business, it works just fine.
- Betting options (5.0): Unibet stands out here as there’s a deep menu of both available sports and bets to choose from.
- Reliability (4.0): While the platform is on the basic side, it generally runs nicely, and we didn’t encounter any annoying lags or glitches.
- Overall rating (4.0): Unibet Sportsbook isn’t quite as slick as some competing online sportsbooks, but the simple betting platform still does the trick. The range of options is among the best in the industry, but there’s room for more prop bets for sure.
Unibet Sportsbook app and usability
The Unibet Sportsbook app is available for both iOS and Android devices. The experience on the app is similar to what you’ll find on the web, albeit condensed for smaller screens. Here is how to download the Unibet app:
- Visit the Unibet Sportsbook website from your mobile browser.
- You should see the option to download the app at the top of your screen.
- If so, click to begin the download process.
- If not, expand the menu on the left side and select “mobile apps.”
- In both cases, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the download.
It should take minutes to get the Unibet app on your device. Once it’s ready, you’ll have access to the sportsbook on the go and be able to place bets, review the odds, fund your account, get assistance, and more.
How does the Unibet app compare to ProLine+?
There’s no longer a ban on single-game sports betting in Canada. As a result, sports bettors have a growing number of legal and safe options for wagering. Here in Ontario, one option is Ontario Lottery and Gaming’s ProLine+.
The offerings from ProLine+ are on the basic side. You’ll find odds and bets for major sports, but generally less than the number of options that you’ll find at Unibet. When it comes to the overall experience, Unibet also gets the edge.
At ProLine+, you can bet on spreads, moneylines, and totals without issue, but props are more limited. Unibet offers all of those options and more, including an extensive menu of player props and live betting.
|Category||How Unibet Sportsbook compares to ProLine+|
|Available Sports||You’ll find virtually every sport that you can think of at Unibet. ProLine+ sticks to the basics of top games and events.|
|Wager Types||For basic wagers, ProLine+ works fine. Unibet has many more options to try out.|
|There are Apple and Android apps available for both sportsbooks. The average rating for ProLine+ is 2.0 in both spots, while Unibet checks in at 2.5 on the Apple App Store and 3.8 on Google Play.|
When comparing the two sportsbooks side by side, you’ll also notice that the odds are generally more favourable at Unibet. ProLine+ may be the better option for a single game here or there, but Unibet tends to have an edge on an overall basis. Here were the moneyline odds at both books for three sample games:
|Carolina Hurricanes @ Toronto Maple Leafs||Hurricanes: -132 or 1.76|
Maple Leafs: +110 or 2.10
|Hurricanes: -132 or 1.76
Maple Leafs: +110 or 2.10
|Vancouver Canucks @ St. Louis Blues||Canucks: +135 or 2.35|
Blues: -164 or 1.61
|Canucks: +132 or 2.32
Blues: -159 or 1.63
|Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators||Sabres: +145 or 2.45|
Senators: -175 or 1.57
|Sabres: +138 or 2.38
Senators: -167 or 1.60
As you can see, there are only some minor differences here. However, we found some bigger disparities on the puck line and totals. Unibet was more in range with the overall market, while the numbers at ProLine+ didn’t line up as well.
Overall, ProLine+ hits the mark with some of the basics you would expect from an online sportsbook, but that’s about it. Unibet brings much more to the table, from total options and other key aspects.
Unibet Ontario best features
Unibet has a big presence in many global gambling markets and a lot of overall experience. Here are some of its best attributes:
- Available sports: Unibet covers all of the bases, from major sports like the CFL down to smaller sports like volleyball.
- Betting options: All of the major bets are available at Unibet, as well.
- Basic platform: The betting platform is simple and devoid of clutter, which lets you get down to business quickly and easily.
- Live betting: Unibet has a solid live betting section that appears prominently on both its website and app.
How to deposit and withdraw at Unibet
Managing your account at Unibet is generally pretty easy. You can move money in and out via the cashier function once you’ve set your account up. Unibet has a variety of banking options available:
- Debit/credit card
- Online banking
- VIP preferred
- Wire transfer
- Interac (deposit only)
The exact options may vary by market, but Unibet generally provides more than enough choices. Deposits process instantly, while withdrawal times can vary based on your method. Most importantly, Unibet takes steps to process transactions securely.
Unibet’s entry into the Canadian sports betting market
Unibet is an online gambling company that traces its roots back to 1997. It’s a well-known name in overseas markets, and it has been slowly and steadily growing its footprint all over North America.
In the unregulated Canadian sports betting market, Unibet was one of the many active operators. But when the time for regulation came around in Ontario, the site jumped at the chance to be wholly legitimate in its offerings to Canadians.