As a go-to news spot for Canadian sports fans, theScore needs no introduction. Now that the company is branching out with Canada sports betting expansion now live, this is one of several sites that has a built-in connection with Ontario sports fans.
In our guide to theScore Sportsbook, we’ll cover everything you need to know about this site and how it will be a solid option for those looking for online sportsbooks in Ontario.
theScore Canada code 2023 | Sign Up For theScore Bet app in Ontario
Just as theScore has become a well-respected media brand, theScore Bet app in Ontario sets out to do the same.
|Online Sportsbook||theScore Bet Canada|
|theScore Bet Sign-Up Code||None needed|
|theScore Ontario Best Feature||Integration with theScore sports news site and app|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
TheScore Bet online sportsbook review and rankings
General reviews of theScore Bet have been positive. The current ranking on the App Store is 4.7, while it’s 4.5 on Google Play. Here’s how we rate the online sportsbook across several key areas:
- App usability (4.5): The platform is solid and simple to use, while navigation is generally pain-free.
- Betting options (3.5): TheScore focuses on the top games and events, with few if any niche sports.
- Reliability (4.5): We found the app to be smooth and devoid of any annoying glitches or lag time during several test runs.
- Overall rating: 4.0. TheScore Bet may not be as high profile as some competitors just yet, but this is a very solid place to play. Bettors who like to dive into niche sports may be disappointed, but overall it’s a very solid offering.
TheScore Bet Sportsbook app and usability
As far as legal Canadian sportsbooks go, one of the things that set theScore Bet apart is that it’s only available in app form for both Apple and Android devices at the present time. The mobile performance is smooth and slick, and it’s easy to navigate and find what you’re looking for. To get theScore Bet’s app, just do the following:
- Access theScore Bet’s website on your mobile device.
- Scroll to the Apple and Android icons and click the proper choice.
- This will take you to where you can download the app.
- Once you’ve done that, log in, fund your account and get ready to bet.
The download should go through easily, and you can expect to be perusing bets in just a couple of minutes. Afterward, theScore Bet’s legal sportsbook will be just a click away whenever you want to access it.
How does theScore Bet app compare to ProLine+?
Restrictions on single-game wagering in Canada are a thing of the past. As a result, the number of legal and safe options for sports bettors will continue to grow. In the Ontario market, ProLine+ has already debuted its online sportsbook with odds covering the biggest sports and leagues.
In comparison, theScore offers more betting options. ProLine+ is available on both the web and via app, while theScore Bet Ontario is presently an app-only option, but app reviews have put theScore clearly ahead.
|Category||Which Ontario Sports Betting Site is Better?|
|Available Sports||TheScore may not have as large of a betting menu as some of the other big-name sites, but it exceeds ProLine+ and still presents more options in total.|
|Wager Types||You’ll find many more options at theScore, as ProLine+ mostly sticks with conventional bets.|
|On the App Store, reviewers rate theScore at 4.7, while it checks in at 4.5 on Google Play. ProLine+ hasn’t fared as well, at 2.1 and 1.6, respectively.|
The two brands are both well-known in Ontario. Long-time Ontario Lottery and Gaming players will know the name ProLine, while theScore has become a force in sports media. The latter has also packed more features in its app, including integration with the company’s news side.
No comparison of any two sportsbooks is complete without looking at the odds. Here is how the two books compare for three sample NHL games.
|Detroit Red Wings @ Tampa Bay Lightning||Red Wings: +225|
|Red Wings: +225
|Los Angeles Kings @ Columbus Blue Jackets||Kings: -149|
Blue Jackets: +125
Blue Jackets: +120
|Minnesota Wild @ Buffalo Sabres||Wild: -189 |
There are no glaring differences here, but we found theScore to be much more consistent overall for a range of bets. While ProLine+ may have a better number on a game or two here and there, it’s a step behind theScore when it comes to overall consistency.
From an overall perspective, theScore Bet has a sizable edge over ProLine+. The app is much smoother, and there are more bets to consider. ProLine+ works fine as a basic option, but bettors looking to play in the big leagues may want to try theScore.
Sports you can wager on at theScore Bet online betting
If there’s a major game or event on tap, theScore will have odds available. Here are the featured betting markets:
Additional options at theScore include boxing, other international sports and NASCAR. Those looking for more niche sports and smaller competitions will have to look elsewhere.
CFL betting at theScore Bet Canada sports betting
Now that Canadian sports bettors have a number of legal and safe places to play, it’s natural to assume that there will be a rise in interest for the CFL. When you’re set to bet on the league at theScore, here are the standard options you’ll find:
- Moneyline: A moneyline bet is a wager on which team will win the game.
- Spreads: Favourites must win by more than the spread indicates, while underdogs can cover the spread if they lose by a lesser number.
- Totals: Bet whether the total combined score will be over or under the sportsbook’s line
- Props: Bet on player yards, TDs, and defensive stats, plus other in-game occurrences based around players, teams, and the game itself.
- Parlays: Multi-leg wagers from several games or the same one.
- Alternate lines: Different lines for spread and total bets, with different odds, too.
- Live: Wager on a game as it plays out on the field.
- Futures: Place a long-term wager on the winner of the Grey Cup, league MVP and other options.
The top three bets tend to see the most action. Live betting continues to grow in popularity, while futures can keep you engaged in the offseason. CFL bettors will have plenty to choose from at theScore sports betting.
TheScore Bet app best features
There are a number of great features at theScore Bet, but also a few spots that could use some attention. Here are some of the sportsbook’s strengths:
- Trusted reputation: As a Canada-based media and gambling company, theScore is well-known across the nation as a reputable and trustworthy brand.
- Smooth interface: The betting platform is slick and simple to use while generally running well.
How to deposit and cash out at theScore Bet
Once you’re set up on theScore Bet, just click on the icon in the upper right to access your account. The cashier is located there, and you can see available options and process your deposits and withdrawals. The following banking methods are available at theScore in most of the places where it’s legal:
- Credit or debit card
- Online bank transfer
A minimum of $10 is necessary for both deposits and withdrawals. Deposits will be available in your account instantly, while withdrawals have to go through the approval process.
Processing times can vary by the method that you use, but with some banking methods such as PayPal or online bank transfer, the process could be as quick as 24 to 48 hours. If you ever run into any trouble with processing transactions, just contact customer support to get some help.
TheScore Bet’s entry into the Canadian sports betting market
With roots tracing back to the 1990s, Canada-based theScore already has quite the foothold here as a sports media company. It began offering online sports betting in select US states in 2019, and has been waiting to be able to do the same in Canada. That day is here, and theScore Bet has been positioning itself to be a major player.
An acquisition by Penn National Gaming put more muscle behind the scenes, and the company has already received approval from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. As a local company with a big presence at home, theScore Bet appears to be positioned well for the future.