FanDuel Sportsbook is a preferred destination for many bettors in the United States and now that widespread legalized betting makes its way to Canada, we may see the same story in Ontario for FanDuel and several other leading-industry operators.
Beyond having one of the most user-friendly platforms in the industry, FanDuel also has a huge number of sports and markets to choose from along with an extensive list of promotions and other features that have proven to be big hits, such as the innovative same-game parlay feature.
Below, we’ll lay out all the key information when it comes to betting on FanDuel in Canada including details about bonuses, promotions, and what to expect when signing up for this site.
FanDuel Canada sportsbook promo code May 2022
When signing up for FanDuel sports betting in Canada, it is very likely that you receive the same welcome offer that is offered in other jurisdictions where FD is live. In those locations, new players are awarded a huge risk-free bet, which focuses on your first wager with the site.
|Online Sportsbook||FanDuel Canada|
|FanDuel Canada Promo Code||Click to Claim Promo|
|Welcome Bonus||Risk free bet|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
After signing up with FanDuel Canada and making an initial qualifying deposit, the first bet with the site will be eligible for first bet insurance. This means that if your first wager winds up in a loss, the site will offer a site credit refund equal to the amount of the bet, up to a certain amount.
For example, let’s say you place your first bet on the Saskatchewan Roughriders at -2.5 (+100) over the Calgary Stampeders. If you bet and the Roughriders win by three or more points, you’ll receive your winnings in profit and have built your bankroll with the first bet.
But if Calgary covers the number, FanDuel will still return your bet in site credit so you can take another shot without spending any more of your own money. Thanks to the FanDuel Canada sign-up bonus, you’ll get a reprieve, which will be handed out within three days and you will likely have a week to use the site credit.
FanDuel Sportsbook promos and rewards
The amenities at FanDuel don’t stop when you sign up, and bettors in Canada will quickly begin to understand that there are always several FanDuel promotions including free bets on the table. Here’s some of what you can expect to see, especially during football season:
- Daily Odds Boosts: Enhanced odds for specific bets chosen by the sportsbook.
- Same-Game Parlay Promos: FD offers risk-free bets on SGPs across several sports and also has the SGP+ feature that allows you to cross sports.
- Parlay Insurance: If your parlay loses by just one leg, the site will offer a refund up to a certain amount.
- Reload Bonuses: Deposit matches for new players, usually a 100 percent match.
- Free To Play Games: FanDuel offers some free-to-play games that can lead to prizes without having to wager any money.
FanDuel is a one-stop shop for sports bettors looking for the entire package including bonuses, promotions, and a massive range of betting options. Let’s get into the latter of those below as we display what you have to choose from at this sportsbook.
The main characteristics of your decision-making process for a sportsbook need to include bonuses and promotions, and this is one area where FanDuel shines. Another strength of this site is the massive volume of betting options that are available.
FanDuel Sportsbook betting menu
If you’re the type of bettor who sticks to the major sports, FanDuel has them all covered. For those who like to go deeper down the rabbit hole, there’s also a good selection to choose from. Featured sports at FanDuel include:
On the smaller sports side, you can bet on various international hockey and soccer leagues, rugby and cricket, darts and table tennis, and much more. In short, there’s a little bit of something for everyone at Fanduel.
CFL betting at FanDuel Sportsbook in Canada
Now that there are more legal sports betting options in Canada, the fanbase of the CFL should only surge even further. FanDuel Canada Sportsbook will have odds and lines for every CFL game all season long. Before the games kick off, here are some of the top betting options.
- Moneyline: Choose which team you think will win the game.
- Spreads: Pick the favourite or underdog while accounting for the point spread set by oddsmakers. Favourites must win by more than the spread indicates, while underdogs can lose by a lesser amount to ‘cover’ the number.
- Totals: Make the call on Over/Under for the estimated points scored in the game.
- Props: Side bets on the game as a whole, team accomplishments, or player performance.
- Parlays: Pick multiple games on one betting slip for the chance at greater returns. All sides must win and parlays must have two or more sides.
- Alternates: Additional options for spreads and totals with adjusted odds.
While that’s enough to keep you occupied with the weekly CFL slates, there are two more great ways to get in on the action at FanDuel.
- Live betting: Also known as in-game or in-play, this is real-time betting as the game plays out on the field.
- Futures: You can bet on the season as a whole, such as which club will win the next Grey Cup or either division.
FanDuel’s user-friendly platform makes it easy to get in the game with CFL betting, and you’ll have a whole host of options to consider throughout the season.
FanDuel online sportsbook review and rankings
FanDuel has emerged as a leading online sportsbook. It’s at or near the top in a number of legal markets, and it’s a go-to option for many sports bettors in all of those locations.
On the Apple App Store, over 460,000 reviews have resulted in an average ranking of 4.8. For Google Play, FanDuel checks in at 4.7 for more than 62,000 reviewers. As we put the sportsbook through its paces, here’s how we rated it in several key categories:
- Welcome bonus (4.0): FanDuel provides some breathing room right at the beginning with its huge first bet insurance offer.
- Promotions (4.0): FanDuel doesn’t offer quite as many regular promos as you’ll find at some of its top competitors.
- App usability (5.0): Smooth and slick while being simple to use and easy on the eyes.
- Betting options (4.5): There’s a solid selection to choose from, ranging from the big games down to top niche sports.
- Reliability (4.5): There are rarely any tech issues to deal with, and customer support is readily accessible if problems pop up.
- Overall rating: 4.5. As one of the most popular legal online sportsbooks, FanDuel is clearly doing a lot of things right. The site is excellent for moneylines and other standard wagers, player props, same-game parlays and more. More recurring promos would bump the rank even higher.
FanDuel Sportsbook app and usability
You can use FanDuel on both iOS and Android devices. Navigation is easy, with clickable icons and collapsible menus. Here’s how you can get the FanDuel app:
- Head to the FanDuel Sportsbook site on your phone or tablet.
- Scroll down to the footer and choose either “Sportsbook (Android)” or “Sportsbook (iOS)” under where it says “FanDuel apps.”
- This will take you to the correct download page on the proper store, and you can get the app from there.
Downloading the app is typically quick and painless. On iOS it seemingly takes just a few seconds and getting access for your Android is just as simple. After the app is downloaded, you will be able to place wagers instantly, with every game just a few clicks away.
How does the FanDuel app compare to ProLine+?
Among the current options in Canada is ProLine+ in Ontario and prior to operators like FanDuel, it was the best option. But now that betting in Canada continues to expand, it becomes clear that FanDuel Sportsbook is an industry leader for a reason and has plenty to offer.
To the credit of ProLine+, it goes beyond the parlay-only format that Canadians dealt with for a long time. Bettors can get the moneyline, spreads, totals, and a small menu of props for games in every major sport. That said, it falls short of a true one-stop shop such as FanDuel in a few very key ways.
At FanDuel, bettors have access to an endless amount of wagers covering nearly any sport or league that you can imagine. For the major sports, it houses an extensive number of props, and there are new promotions being offered regularly. Bettors get to experience profit boosts, parlay insurance, risk-free bets, same-game parlay deals, and more.
|Category||How FanDuel Ontario Sportsbook Compares To ProLine+|
|Sign Up Offer||FanDuel, for sure. ProLine+ doesn’t have a welcome offer that can match what is presented by the big-name online sportsbooks, including FanDuel. Canadians should expect the chance to claim a huge risk-free bet.|
|Promotions||ProLine+ doesn’t offer regular promotions while FanDuel offers risk-free bets, profit boosts, bet & gets, parlay insurance, and other ways to get ahead.|
|Available Sports||FanDuel. You’ll find odds and lines for all of the top leagues, as well as a solid selection of sports that have smaller followings.|
|Wager Types||FanDuel. ProLine+ sticks to the basics while FanDuel offers a more complete menu of betting options that include props, futures, and unique markets.|
|FanDuel has received high marks on this front and currently checks in with ratings of 4.8 for Apple and 4.7 for Android. ProLine+ is further down the charts at 2.1 and 1.6, respectively.|
For many bettors, a sportsbook isn’t worth all that much if the odds aren’t consistent in comparison to the market as a whole. Here’s how the two sites stacked up on the spread for a trio of sample NBA games:
|Houston Rockets @ Orlando Magic||Rockets: +4.5 (-120/1.83)|
Magic: -4.5 (+100/2.00)
|Rockets: +3.5 (-110/1.91)
Magic: -3.5 (-110/1.91)
|Oklahoma City Thunder @ Indiana Pacers||Thunder: +7.5 (-125/1.80)|
Pacers: -7.5 (+105/2.05)
|Thunder: +7 (-110/1.91)
Pacers: -7 (-110/1.91)
|Toronto Raptors @ Charlotte Hornets||Raptors: -2.5 (+100/2.00)|
Hornets: +2.5 (-118/1.85)
|Raptors: -2 (-110/1.91)
Hornets: +2 (-110/1.91)
The spreads are different for all three of the above games, as are the odds. This requires some decision-making for the bettor about the exact number they want for the specific price. While ProLine+ could present the same price as FanDuel on a random occasion, most situations show FD is consistent with the rest of the market and has more favourable odds.
When you add it all up, ProLine+ served as a great option when there weren’t many others available. But once you compare it to a site like FanDuel, there is no comparison. Not only does FanDuel Ontario have a much stronger menu of bets, but there are also bonuses and promotions that simply aren’t matched at ProLine+. At FanDuel sports betting, the rewards and amenities are waiting for you.
FanDuel’s best features and areas in need of improvement
When trying to figure out which online sportsbooks suit you best, make note of the features that are most important to you and see which ones check off the most boxes. Here are some of the areas in which FanDuel online betting crushes it:
- Range Of Bets: Among the best in sports and leagues covered, plus a huge volume of additional prop markets. Some are even unique to FD and can’t be found at other sites, plus there are alternate lines and player prop parlays for certain sports like NFL and NBA.
- User-friendly Platform: Simple, easy-to-use interface with sports and wagers clearly listed for easy access. Doesn’t crash the way some other sites do when browsing.
- Same-Game Parlays: FanDuel had the SGP before anyone else and offers promotions surrounding the feature. There’s also an SGP+ offer, which allows you to combine props from different games.
- Promotions: Many different promotions are offered across several sports, including odds boosts, parlay insurance, and risk-free bet offers.
- Customer Service: FanDuel offers a live chat option, which can result in your issues being resolved much quicker than at sites where it doesn’t exist.
To continue whittling down the options, you need to realistically assess any shortcomings and whether they’re a deal-breaker. There aren’t many weak spots at a place like FanDuel, but here are a couple of areas where the app could improve:
- Rewards program. FanDuel may not have any trouble attracting customers, but a loyalty program for regular players would be a nice addition. It’s something that some of its competitors do have in place.
- Welcome Offer: Risk-free bets can be employed to help you gain profits, but they aren’t as coveted compared to offers that include deposit matches and free bets. That said, FanDuel first bet insruance is still a massive one to receive.
How to deposit and withdraw at FanDuel Sportsbook Canada
One of the lesser-known but equally important reasons why FanDuel is so popular among bettors is the fact that banking is made extremely easy. When the time comes to deposit and withdraw, there are several options including the following:
- Credit and debit cards
- Online banking
- Wire transfer
- VIP preferred
While it’s possible that Ontario and Canada as a whole don’t offer each and every option, there are surely more than enough options available to make transactions. All you need to do is head over to the Account tab and buttons to deposit and withdraw will be there to begin the process instantly.
When you make a deposit, your account will update immediately with that amount and an email confirmation will also be sent to the address used to create your account. Withdrawals take a bit more time, but using options such as Play+ and PayPal can get you any winnings in 24 to 48 hours.
FanDuel’s entry into the Canadian sports betting market
The FanDuel name is already familiar across Canada due to the company’s daily fantasy sports product, and most fans know of its success in many of the United States.
After Canada removed its prohibition on single-game betting in August 2021, FanDuel named Dale Hopper as the general manager for its Canadian operation with a stated focus on sports betting, and that will start to bear fruit very soon.
Ontario hopes to open the door to online sportsbooks by April 2022 and FanDuel is among the companies likely to be in the mix right out of the gate. It is an industry leader in the US and consistently tops the handle and revenue charts in several markets thanks to its never-ending stream of promotions and lines for a massive number of sports and leagues.