Sports betting in Ontario has expanded rapidly, but without DraftKings Sportsbook, the landscape would feel like it is missing something. Get signed up with DraftKings Sportsbook Ontario, and you can bet on sports legally with one of the top names in the business.
From its wide range of betting options to its quality odds and great mobile app, DraftKings is a fan favourite for fans bettors of all sports, including the Canadian Football League.
We’re here to cover everything you need about DraftKings Sportsbook in Ontario, including the pros and cons of signing up.
DraftKings Ontario Sportsbook code for February 2024
You can sign up for a new DraftKings Sportsbook account in Ontario today. Doing so will ensure you’re signing up with a trusted and licensed online sportsbook operator in Canada.
|DraftKings Ontario Code
|No code needed, click here to sign up
|DraftKings Ontario Best Features
|Stats hub, free-to-play pools, great parlay and same-game parlay betting options
|February 20, 2024
DraftKings Ontario best features
There are a couple of features on the DraftKings Ontario mobile app that stand out from the rest:
- Stats hub: We love how much information you can glean from the DraftKings Sportsbook stats hub. There are tons of websites charging money for sports predictions, but instead of paying for that, you can do your own research at DraftKings for free in minutes.
- Free-to-play pools: We also think it’s great that DraftKings Ontario has contests you can enter for free, and you can win cash if you do well. Now, we admit, with so many people entering, it is hard to cash, but if you lose, you’ve literally lost nothing.
DraftKings Sportsbook betting menu
The menu of sports runs deep at DraftKings. You can bet on all the top games and events without issue, and there’s also a solid selection of smaller sports. Sports that are featured prominently at DraftKings include:
For additional options, you can bet on American college football and basketball, various international soccer leagues, and plenty of sports that fall into the niche category, such as darts and table tennis.
CFL betting at DraftKings Sportsbook Canada
As regulated sports betting options expand across Canada, interest in the CFL is poised to grow even further. When you click on the CFL link at DraftKings, you’ll see all of the upcoming games listed out in order by start time with betting odds for the standard markets below:
- Moneyline: Moneylines involve picking which team you think will win the game.
- Spreads: Factor the margin of victory into your wager. A favourite will need to win by more than the point spread, while an underdog will need to keep it closer than the spread number or win outright to ‘cover’ the number.
- Totals: Bet whether the combined score will go over or under the total set by oddsmakers.
The pregame betting lines bring in tons of action, but there are plenty of other ways to bet on the CFL at DraftKings. Top options include:
- Props: Additional betting options for each game, many of which revolve around individual players, such as who will score a TD.
- Alternates: Variations on the main spread and total with the odds adjusted accordingly.
- Parlays: Tie together multiple outcomes from separate games on one ticket for a larger payout, but all sides must win.
- Live: Betting in real-time with updated odds and offerings based on what’s happening.
- Futures: Season-long wagers on how the season will play out, including which team will win the next Grey Cup
Also, you can bet on the results of quarters and halves for each game. In short, if you’re looking to bet on the CFL at DraftKings, you won’t lack options.
DraftKings Ontario review & rankings
Regarding betting volume, the sportsbook is one of the top companies in several markets. As for overall public perception, it’s a highly-regarded sportsbook among many players. The DraftKings Sportsbook app is also one of the best out there.
More than 300,000 reviewers at the Apple App Store have given it an average rating of 4.8 stars out of 5.0. On Google Play, it’s at 4.6 on more than 14,000 reviews. As we see it, here’s how DraftKings stacks up in a few key areas:
- App usability (4.8): The tech behind the scenes is one of DraftKings’ biggest strong points.
- Betting options (4.7): You’ll have access to all of the top games and events, as well as a solid selection of smaller sports.
- Reliability (4.7): The platform generally runs without issue, but customer service can be delayed during busy periods like football season.
- Overall rating (4.8): DraftKings Sportsbook has become a go-to option for lots of bettors, and it’s not hard to see why. The platform is great, and there are lots of features inside.
DraftKings Ontario app & usability
The DraftKings Sportsbook app is available for both iOS and Android devices. You’ll find the same experience as on the sportsbook website but in a more compact version. Getting around is typically glitch-free, and labels and navigation are clear. Here are the steps to get DraftKings on your device:
- Access the DraftKings website on your mobile browser.
- A banner should appear at the top of your screen with a message about downloading the app.
- Select the green “Download now” button, which will take you to the correct download page for your device, and you can get the app from there.
- If the download banner doesn’t appear, scroll down to the footer, select the “Mobile apps” link and follow the prompts from there to get the app.
From start to finish, you can complete all of the above in just a few minutes. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’ll have DraftKings at your fingertips whenever you want to browse the odds, place a bet, and much more.
How does the DraftKings app compare to ProLine+?
Now that Canada no longer has a blanket prohibition on single-game wagering, bettors have several safe options to explore for regular play. One of those options is ProLine+ in Ontario, which offers basic lines for most major sports.
While ProLine+ gets the job done in some ways, it doesn’t really hold a candle to DraftKings and other online sportsbooks in Canada regarding the volume of betting options and overall customer experience.
You can use ProLine+ to bet moneylines, spreads, and totals along with a few props, but sites like DraftKings offer a much wider range of leagues and sports to choose from. Not to mention that DK also offers same-game parlays and many specialized prop markets covering every aspect of a contest, plus free-to-play pools and tons of live betting markets.
|How DraftKings Ontario Sportsbook Compares To ProLine+
|DraftKings is guaranteed to not only have odds for the most well-known sports, but also for the lesser-known leagues.
|DraftKings. ProLine+ handles the basic bets pretty well, but DraftKings lets bettors expand their horizons with all of the bets you would expect at a top book.
|Both sportsbooks have apps for Apple and Android users. DraftKings has received marks of 4.8 on the App Store and 4.6 on Google Play. ProLine+ is much further behind at 2.1 and 1.6, respectively.
Another thing you’ll notice about ProLine+ is that the odds aren’t as favourable compared to full-menu sportsbooks such as DraftKings. While this isn’t the case for every single market, line shopping will indicate that the better price is with DK on most occasions.
In the end, ProLine+ has its merits as a limited application that can do simple things but not much else.
How to deposit and withdraw at DraftKings Ontario
DraftKings’ many banking methods make moving money in and out of your account easy. The cashier function is visible and easy to use. Once your account is set up and you want to deposit or withdraw, it can be done easily using a variety of methods, including the following:
- Debit/credit card
- Online banking
- VIP preferred
- Wire transfer
While it’s possible that all options may not be available, there are certainly more than enough to complete transactions in a secure and time-efficient manner. Deposits are instant and will be reflected in your account immediately, while withdrawals take longer.
Methods such as PayPal and Play+ are the quickest ways to receive your money, usually within 24 to 48 hours once your account is set up.
DraftKings’ best features and areas in need of improvement
As one of the most popular legal online sportsbooks, DraftKings is clearing the bar in several areas as far as users are concerned. Here are some of its top highlights:
- Slick Platform: Hands down, this is one of the best in the industry. The tech behind the scenes is clearly quite good and the app is easy to navigate. Many sites force a ton of clicking around to find all available betting options, and DK makes it very easy to see all the props that are offered.
- Betting Options: This site has one of the widest ranges of betting options available. From popular leagues like the NFL, CFL, and NHL, to lesser-known sports, your best bet for finding competitive lines is DK.
- Free-To-Play Pools: You can test your wits against other bettors with the chance to win large cash prizes without spending a dime of your own money.
We are hard-pressed to find negatives of belonging to DraftKings, especially when you compare its features to what is offered by other sportsbooks.
- Lack Of Live Chat: Bettors may have to wait some time for responses from support because everything is done via email and DraftKings does not currently offer live chat.
- No DFS: We’re not going to lie, the one downside of DraftKings Sportsbook being live in Ontario is that DraftKings Fantasy is no longer in the province. We’re hoping that something gets figured out so Ontarians can get back to playing DraftKings DFS in the future.
DraftKings’ entry into the Canadian sports betting market
DraftKings already has a presence in Canada thanks to its daily fantasy sports product and recently, the company expanded its existing partnership agreement with the NFL to include DFS offerings in the country.
Moving forward, the company is among a number of online sportsbooks that have big plans for Ontario and the rest of the country. First, it goes live in Ontario’s most populous province in May 2022 as a delayed but hugely important entrant to the market.