Disclaimer: Bwin Sportsbook is not yet live in Canada. This review is speculative, based on Bwin promotions in other jurisdictions. We will update this page once Bwin launches in Canada.
As the Canadian sports betting market continues to expand, many books have been angling for a piece of the pie. We can add another name to the list: Bwin Sportsbook.
The features of this sportsbook include a large betting menu and a generous deal for new players, which can be obtained by signing up with one of our Bwin Canada promo codes. The site’s offerings stack up with many of the other newly-regulated Ontario sportsbooks including the following:
Below, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about Bwin Sportsbook including its offers for new players and any promotions that the site offers regularly.
Bwin Canada Sportsbook bonus code 2022
In the past, those who have signed up at Bwin Sportsbook have received a 100% deposit match bonus, which is a favourite of many bettors. The details are in the chart below:
|Online Sportsbook||Bwin Canada|
|Bwin Bonus Code||TBD|
|Welcome Bonus Offer||100% deposit match|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
The Bwin Sportsbook sign-up offer is simple and straightforward. You’ll get a 100% match on your first deposit. The bonus will hit your account in the form of site credits and is not eligible for withdrawal. You can use it to place wagers on the site, and any winnings could also be subject to wagering requirements.
Bwin Sportsbook promos and rewards
For the time being, there just aren’t many recurring promos available at Bwin. The exception comes in the form of what the site refers to as “price boosts.” They work the same as odds or profit boosts at other top sportsbooks.
When you click the price boost link, you’ll see all of the day’s available options. It could be as simple as a boost for the moneyline or over/under odds for a CFL game, or the chance for enhanced profits on an NFL parlay.
Moving forward, we’ll see if Bwin adds on some of the common promos that bettors are accustomed to seeing at top sportsbooks, such as bet or parlay insurance and the chance to receive free bets or rewards based on your play.
Bwin online sportsbook review and rankings
The Bwin Sportsbook has received some solid marks from reviewers. Over on the App Store, it’s at 4.7 out of 5.0 stars. And it’s at 4.0 on Google Play. Here’s how we ranked Bwin during our test run in several key areas:
- Welcome bonus (4.0): New users can receive a first-deposit match of 100% up to $200.
- Promotions (3.0): Outside of regular price boosts, there isn’t much else in the way of promos at the moment.
- App usability (4.0): Smooth and functional overall, but navigation could be better in some spots.
- Betting options (5.0): This is an area of strength for Bwin, as there’s a big menu of sports and bets.
- Reliability (4.0): The app has received solid marks, but help and support could be more easily accessible.
- Overall rating: 4.0. The Bwin Sportsbook has an extensive menu of options and some intriguing features. However, the welcome bonus and regular promotions are areas that could use some improvement.
Bwin Sportsbook app and usability
The Bwin Sportsbook app is available for both iOS and Android devices. The mobile experience is similar to what you’ll find on the website, but for smaller screens. Just follow the steps below to begin playing on the app:
- Use your mobile browser to go to the sportsbook website.
- Locate the apps section and choose Apple or Android.
- After clicking, follow the instructions to complete the download.
- Log in on mobile and get set to bet on Bwin.
The app has clear-cut menus and icons, so virtually everything that you need is just a click or a swipe away. You’ll be able to browse the odds and place bets with ease in Ontario.
How does the Bwin app compare to ProLine+?
Sports bettors in several provinces now have legal and safe options for single-game sports betting, with more potentially on the way in some locales. In the Ontario market, the ProLine+ site is now offering odds for various games and events.
At Bwin, the menu of sports that you can bet on is much more extensive, ranging from the top sports and leagues down to more niche options.
When it comes to bets, it’s the same story. ProLine+ works fine for the standard lines and even some live betting, but prop bets are more limited. Over at Bwin, you’ll find everything from standard bets to real-time wagering and all points in between.
|Category||Which Ontario Sports Betting Site is Better?|
|Sign Up Offer||Bwin Sportsbook has a $200 deposit match bonus. At the moment, ProLine+ doesn’t have anything to match that.|
|Promotions||While Bwin doesn’t have an ideal set of promotions, there are still daily odds boosts, which aren’t available at ProLine+.|
|Available Sports||Bwin. There are simply more options there, as ProLine+ sticks to a narrower selection.|
|Wager Types||Bwin. The menu at ProLine+ is limited by comparison, perhaps most notably on player props.|
|On the mobile side, Bwin has solid ratings of 4.7 on the Apple App Store and 4.0 on Google Play. Reviewers have ProLine+ at 2.1 and 1.6, respectively.|
When comparing sportsbooks, one thing to always check is the odds. You’ll want the places that you play to at least be in line with the overall market. Here’s how ProLine+ and Bwin compared with puck line odds for a trio of NHL games. Odds are in American and decimal formats.
|Ottawa Senators @|
|Senators +2.5 (-120/1.83)|
Panthers -2.5 (+100/2.00)
|Senators +2.5 (-130/1.77)
Panthers -2.5 (+105/2.05)
|Minnesota Wild @|
|Wild -1.0 (-139/1.72)|
Flyers +1.0 (+105/2.05)
|Wild -1.5 (+125/2.25)
Flyers +1.5 (-155/1.65)
|Pittsburgh Penguins @|
Tampa Bay Lightning
|Penguins +1.5 (-164/1.61)|
Lightning -1.5 (+135/2.35)
|Penguins +1.5 (-165/1.61)
Lightning -1.5 (+140/2.40)
Overall, the sites aren’t too far apart with the odds on two of the three games, but ProLine+ is a bit more varied with the main puck line. At most books, the main pregame line is 1.5 for NHL games.
If you look long enough, you may find better odds for any one game, but a site like Bwin is consistent with the market more times than not.
Bwin Sportsbook betting menu
While Bwin sports betting goes beyond the basics with what you can bet on, it still also offers all of the options that you would expect:
As you scroll further through the menu, you’ll also find some niche offerings, including darts, table tennis, and rugby. International betting options tend to be more extensive, something that could help set Bwin apart for Canadian bettors.
CFL betting at Bwin Sportsbook in Canada
It’s likely that the CFL will become even more popular across the nation thanks to the increase in legal and safe betting options. Bwin Sportsbook Canada will have you covered with plenty of ways to bet on the league.
- Moneylines: Select which team you think will win the game.
- Spreads: Favourites need to win by more than the point spread, while underdogs can lose by less than the number indicated by the spread.
- Totals: Bet on whether the teams will combine to score over or under a line that the sportsbook has set.
- Props: Props are side bets that aren’t directly associated with the outcome of the game. Can bet on player TDs and yardage along with game and team props focused on in-game events.
- Parlays: Put together a multi-leg wager in exchange for a larger payout. All sides must win to earn profits from a parlay.
- Alternate lines: Alternative options for spreads and totals, with odds fluctuating based on which direction you go.
- Live bets: In-game betting after kickoff until the final whistle.
- Futures: Bet on season-long outcomes like league MVP, Grey Cup winner, etc.
Bwin’s best features and areas in need of improvement
While Bwin is new to North American markets, there’s a lot of experience behind the scenes at the online sportsbook. Here are some of the top features that you’ll find:
- Large betting menu: The sportsbook has all of the sports and betting options that you could ask for.
- Edit your bet: This lets you make adjustments after you’ve placed your bet. It is only available at select sportsbooks such as BetMGM.
- Track record: While a new player on our shores, Bwin is part of Entain and a big player in overseas markets.
On the downside, Bwin Sportsbook could improve in the following areas:
- Promotions: Outside of profit boosts, regular promotional offerings are few and far between compared to some other sportsbooks.
- Web layout: The layout is a bit on the cluttered side, making navigation a little awkward until you get the hang of it.
How to deposit and cash out at Bwin online betting
There are several funding methods available at Bwin in the markets that it serves, but note that the exact options may vary depending on where it launches. In the cashier section, you’ll see the available methods and be able to follow the prompts. Available methods include the following:
- Bank transfer
- Credit or debit card
When you make a deposit, the transaction will immediately appear in your account balance, and funds will be available to place bets right away. Withdrawals can take a couple of business days, but sites like PayPal and Skrill may be able to process transactions a bit quicker. If you run into any issues taking care of deposits or withdrawals, reach out to customer support.
Bwin’s entry into the Canadian sports betting market
A member of the Entain family, Bwin will make its presence known in Canada as sports betting expansion continues. Entain recently made a strategic acquisition in anticipation of its debut in Ontario, which is scheduled for spring 2022. The name Bwin is new to North America, but the company traces its roots back to 1997 in overseas markets.