As the Canadian sports betting market expands, many books have been angling for a piece of the pie. We can add another name to the list: Bwin Sportsbook.
The features of this sportsbook include a large betting menu and generous odds most of the time. The site’s offerings stack up with many of the other newly-regulated Ontario sportsbooks:
Below, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about Bwin Sportsbook.
Bwin Canada Sportsbook sign-up code for 2023
You can join Bwin Sportsbook Ontario today, and you don’t need to worry about entering a Bwin code.
|Online Sportsbook||Bwin Canada|
|Bwin Ontario Code||None – Click to open an account|
|Bwin Ontario Top Features||Quality odds, customer support, Android and iOS app|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
Bwin online sportsbook review and rankings
The Bwin Sportsbook has received some solid marks from reviewers. Over on the App Store, it’s at 4.7 out of 5.0 stars. And it’s at 4.0 on Google Play. Here’s how we ranked Bwin during our test run in several key areas:
- App usability (4.0): Smooth and functional overall, but navigation could be better in some spots.
- Betting options (5.0): This is an area of strength for Bwin, as there’s a big menu of sports and bets.
- Reliability (4.0): The app has received solid marks, but help and support could be more easily accessible.
- Overall rating: 4.0. The Bwin Sportsbook has an extensive menu of options and some intriguing features. However, it could still do with some upgrades to compete with the top online sportsbooks in the province.
Bwin Sportsbook app and usability
The Bwin Sportsbook app is available for both iOS and Android devices. The mobile experience is similar to what you’ll find on the website, but for smaller screens. Just follow the steps below to begin playing on the app:
- Use your mobile browser to go to the sportsbook website.
- Locate the apps section and choose Apple or Android.
- After clicking, follow the instructions to complete the download.
- Log in on mobile and get set to bet on Bwin.
The app has clear-cut menus and icons, so virtually everything you need is just a click or a swipe away. You’ll be able to browse the odds and place bets easily in Ontario.
How does the Bwin app compare to ProLine+?
Sports bettors in several provinces now have legal and safe options for single-game sports betting, with more potentially on the way in some locales. In the Ontario market, the ProLine+ site is now offering odds for various games and events.
At Bwin, the menu of sports you can bet on is much more extensive, ranging from the top sports and leagues down to more niche options.
When it comes to bets, it’s the same story. ProLine+ works fine for the standard lines and even some live betting, but prop bets are more limited. Over at Bwin, you’ll find everything from standard bets to real-time wagering and all points in between.
|Category||Which Ontario Sports Betting Site is Better?|
|Available Sports||Bwin. There are simply more options there, as ProLine+ sticks to a narrower selection.|
|Wager Types||Bwin. The menu at ProLine+ is limited by comparison, perhaps most notably on player props.|
|On the mobile side, Bwin has solid ratings of 4.7 on the Apple App Store and 4.0 on Google Play. Reviewers have ProLine+ at 2.1 and 1.6, respectively.|
When comparing sportsbooks, one thing to always check is the odds. You’ll want the places that you play to at least be in line with the overall market. Here’s how ProLine+ and Bwin compared with puck line odds for a trio of NHL games. Odds are in American and decimal formats.
|Ottawa Senators @|
|Senators +2.5 (-120/1.83)|
Panthers -2.5 (+100/2.00)
|Senators +2.5 (-130/1.77)
Panthers -2.5 (+105/2.05)
|Minnesota Wild @|
|Wild -1.0 (-139/1.72)|
Flyers +1.0 (+105/2.05)
|Wild -1.5 (+125/2.25)
Flyers +1.5 (-155/1.65)
|Pittsburgh Penguins @|
Tampa Bay Lightning
|Penguins +1.5 (-164/1.61)|
Lightning -1.5 (+135/2.35)
|Penguins +1.5 (-165/1.61)
Lightning -1.5 (+140/2.40)
Overall, the sites aren’t too far apart with the odds on two of the three games, but ProLine+ is slightly more varied with the main puck line. At most sites, the main pregame line is 1.5 for NHL games.
If you look long enough, you may find better odds for any one game, but a site like Bwin is consistent with the market more times than not.
Bwin Sportsbook betting menu
While Bwin sports betting goes beyond the basics with what you can bet on, it still also offers all of the options that you would expect:
As you scroll through the menu, you’ll find some niche offerings, including darts, table tennis, and rugby. International betting options tend to be more extensive, which could help set Bwin apart for Canadian bettors.
CFL betting at Bwin Sportsbook in Canada
It’s likely that the CFL will become even more popular across the nation thanks to the increase in legal and safe betting options. Bwin Sportsbook Canada will have you covered with plenty of ways to bet on the league.
- Moneylines: Select which team you think will win the game.
- Spreads: Favourites need to win by more than the point spread, while underdogs can lose by less than the number indicated by the spread.
- Totals: Bet on whether the teams will combine to score over or under a line that the sportsbook has set.
- Props: Props are side bets that aren’t directly associated with the outcome of the game. Can bet on player TDs and yardage along with game and team props focused on in-game events.
- Parlays: Put together a multi-leg wager in exchange for a larger payout. All sides must win to earn profits from a parlay.
- Alternate lines: Alternative options for spreads and totals, with odds fluctuating based on which direction you go.
- Live bets: In-game betting after kickoff until the final whistle.
- Futures: Bet on season-long outcomes like league MVP, Grey Cup winner, etc.
Bwin’s best features and areas in need of improvement
While Bwin is new to North American markets, there’s a lot of experience behind the scenes at the online sportsbook. Here are some of the top features that you’ll find:
- Large betting menu: The sportsbook has all of the sports and betting options that you could ask for.
- Edit your bet: This lets you make adjustments after you’ve placed your bet. It is only available at select sportsbooks such as BetMGM.
- Track record: While a new player on our shores, Bwin is part of Entain and a big player in overseas markets.
On the downside, Bwin Sportsbook could improve in the following areas:
- Web layout: The layout is a bit cluttered, making navigation a little awkward until you get the hang of it.
How to deposit and cash out at Bwin online betting
There are several funding methods available at Bwin in the markets it serves, but note that the exact options may vary depending on where it launches. In the cashier section, you’ll see the available methods and be able to follow the prompts. Available methods include the following:
- Bank transfer
- Credit or debit card
When you make a deposit, the transaction will immediately appear in your account balance, and funds will be available to place bets immediately. Withdrawals can take a couple of business days, but sites like PayPal and Skrill may be able to process transactions a bit quicker. If you run into any issues taking care of deposits or withdrawals, contact customer support.
Bwin’s entry into the Canadian sports betting market
A member of the Entain family, Bwin will make its presence known in Canada as sports betting expansion continues. Entain recently made a strategic acquisition in anticipation of its debut in Ontario, which is scheduled for spring 2022. The name Bwin is new to North America, but the company traces its roots back to 1997 in overseas markets.