Sports betting expansion is now live in Ontario and high-profile names like BetMGM Sportsbook are now serving the Great White North. Even in a competitive market with sites like PointsBet, BetRivers, and Caesars around, there are plenty of reasons to give BetMGM a shot.
Whether you’re gearing up to bet on the CFL, NHL, NFL, or any of the other major sports leagues out there, this site has it all covered. The site also has tons of promotions, innovative features like the one-game parlay, and some unique options that you can’t find anywhere else.
Below, we’ll cover all of that and more as we lay out what to expect from BetMGM Sportsbook in Ontario.
BetMGM Ontario Sportsbook offer 2022
While there is no BetMGM Ontario code, you can easily begin the registration process by clicking one of our links for a redirect to the signup page.
Signing up for BetMGM Sportsbook is an easy process that takes a matter of moments and right from the beginning, this site offers bettors two chances to secure early profits for the price of just one bet.
Once you make your first deposit, you are eligible to receive the welcome offer of first bet insurance. And with BetMGM, the offer is one of the best of its type in the industry.
|Online Sportsbook||BetMGM Ontario|
|BetMGM Ontario Code||No Code In Ontario|
|Welcome Offer||Sportsbook Insurance|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
The BetMGM welcome offer is simple and straightforward. First bet insurance is focused on your initial wager with the site. If you win that first bet, you’ve instantly secured profits for the rest of your betting journey. But if you lose, the site will offer a chance to place another wager without spending any more of your own money by providing site credit (up to a certain amount).
Bet insurance site credits aren’t eligible for withdrawal, and you will need to place bets using them within seven days.
BetMGM Ontario app offers and rewards
BetMGM’s incentives don’t end with after signing up. The book offers a solid selection of recurring promos for existing players, as well as new ones that pop up regularly. That’s especially true during the CFL and NFL seasons. Here are some examples of what you may come across:
- Daily Profit Boosts: BetMGM regularly offers odds boosts for both single bets and parlays constructed by the site.
- Site Credit: Could be offered as part of a welcome offer just for signing up, or as part of certain promotions provided by the sportsbook.
- Parlay Boosts: BetMGM regularly offers parlay boosts on a specific predetermined sport, usually around the time of a big sporting event. For example, BetMGM has offered tennis boosts during the Australian Open in the past.
- Profit Boosts: Popular after signing up in a new market, the site will offer a profit boost to parlays. Usually 10 or 20 percent, these bets must be 3+ legs to qualify.
- Edit My Bet: BetMGM may be the only site that allows you to edit your wager after it begins. No longer confident in one of the teams? No problem. As long as the game hasn’t started, you can replace the selection.
BetMGM sports betting menu
One of the top features of BetMGM is its menu of available sports. While most of the top operators have a big selection, this sportsbook is in the category of those that go the extra mile with options that aren’t available everywhere else. Highlights include:
Other popular options include American college sports and various international leagues. On the obscure side, BetMGM has markets available for handball, snooker, volleyball, and much more. If it has at least a decent following, you’ll find it here.
CFL betting at BetMGM Sportsbook in Canada
As legal sports betting in Canada continues to expand, so too does interest in the CFL. BetMGM will have you covered throughout the season with readily-accessible odds for each game on the docket. Here are some of the most popular ways to wager on the CFL.
- Moneyline: Picking who you think will win the game outright.
- Spreads: Pick the favourite to win by more than the point spread, or the underdog to cover the number by winning outright or losing by less than the spread.
- Totals: Oddsmakers set a point estimate for the combined final score of the game. You get to pick Over/Under that amount.
- Props: Various team and game scenarios, and an abundance of popular player props, such as yardage totals for star players.
- Parlays: Wagers with multiple selections that all must win to cash an enhanced payout.
- Live Betting: The chance to bet in real-time as odds update based on in-game action
- Alternate Lines: You can place your bets on variations of the main spreads and totals.
- Futures: Wager on how the season as a whole will play out, such as the winner of the Grey Cup or team win totals.
During the offseason, futures markets remain active, while the action really heats up once the games that matter get underway. CFL bettors will find plenty to love at BetMGM Canada Sportsbook.
BetMGM online sportsbook review and rankings
In all of the markets that it has entered to date, BetMGM has ended up as one of the leading sportsbooks. BetMGM also rates highly among the overall betting public. Currently, the sportsbook has a 4.8 rating on 77,000 reviews on the Apple App Store. Over on Google Play, it’s at 4.3 from 3,000 reviews. Here’s how we rate BetMGM in several key categories:
- Welcome Offer (4.0): It’s nice to be able to place your first bet at reduced risk.
- Promotions (4.5): BetMGM does a really solid job of taking care of existing players with a regular selection of promos.
- App usability (4.5): While the performance of the app is generally smooth, there have been some negative reviews from some users.
- Betting options (5.0): BetMGM has a huge menu of sports to choose from. This includes everything from top events down to niche sports.
- Reliability (4.5): The platform tends to operate without issue, but there’s a lot of unnecessary clicking in order to reach support.
- Overall rating: 4.5. BetMGM lives up to its billing as a top-tier sportsbook. There’s a great selection of promos and sports to choose from. On the improvement side, more consistency on the odds and improved navigation on the web would be great.
BetMGM Sportsbook app and usability
The BetMGM app is available to both Apple and Android users, and it provides a similar experience to what you’ll find on the sportsbook website. In fact, navigation tends to be a little smoother on the smaller screen. Clear icons and menus help you move from sport to sport, and you can easily shift into your live wagers or betting history with just one button. Here’s how to get the app:
- Head to the BetMGM Sportsbook site on your phone or tablet.
- Scroll down to the footer and choose either “Sportsbook (Android)” or “Sportsbook (iOS)” under where it says “BetMGM apps.”
- This will take you to the correct download page on either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, depending on your device, and you can get the app from there.
Whether you’re just looking to browse through the promotions or available odds, or setting yourself up to place a big parlay, the BetMGM app is absolutely one of the best and smoothest out there for bettors.
How does the BetMGM app compare to ProLine+?
Recently, ProLine+ (available in Ontario) has expanded its offerings to include betting on single games and events. At least for now, the online sportsbook is focused solely on wagering on major sports and sticking to the basic moneylines, spreads, totals, and certain props.
Meanwhile, BetMGM offers an incredible variety and far more sports, from all the most popular leagues to the niche ones that may have a smaller fan base. So if you want to bet on the NFL, CFL, NHL, or NBA, you’re covered. And if you want to bet on cricket, darts, or snooker, you’re also covered at BetMGM Sportsbook in Ontario.
|Category||Which Canadian Sports Betting Site is Better?|
|Sign Up Offer||BetMGM has a massive initial offer, while ProLine+ doesn’t have anything close to that for new players. There isn’t much incentive to sign up and play at ProLine+, while BetMGM goes out of its way to make it worth your while.|
|Promotions||BetMGM features profit boosts, parlay boosts, free bets, and cash out offers. ProLine+ doesn’t have any of this and doesn’t offer much more than betting lines, and definitely doesn't have any type of rewards program.|
|Available Sports||BetMGM has everything under the sun, from the most popular sports to the smaller items. ProLine+ sticks to the basics and doesn’t get too far beyond the most popular leagues.|
|Wager Types||BetMGM is the site with props for days, especially for NBA, NFL, and other major sports leagues. ProLine+ has very few offerings outside the standard ML, spread, and total.|
|For BetMGM, reviews have been mostly positive on both the Apple App Store and Google Play at 4.8 and 4.3, respectively. Reviewers haven’t been quite as kind to Proline+: 2.1 on Apple and 1.6 on Android.|
There aren’t too many differences between the odds at ProLine+ on a game-to-game basis, but it will rarely offer better lines than the one at a site like BetMGM over a long period of time and BetMGM also offers alternative lines, so you can get a price for whatever odds are available at ProLine+ or any other sportsbook.
BetMGM’s best features and areas in need of improvement
When checking out online sportsbooks, you’ll want to find ones that match what you’re looking for. Here’s where BetMGM consistently hits the right notes:
- Betting Menu: BetMGM offers a massive selection of wagers across a wide range of leagues and sports from around the world. Regardless of what you’re into, either BetMGM has odds on it or nobody does.
- Promotions & Incentives: Beyond the sign-up offer, there are always fresh promotions coming out in addition to a rewards program to join.
- Innovative features: Editing your bet and the easy parlay builder are unique additions that you won’t find everywhere else.
- Reload Bonuses: BetMGM occasionally offers deposit matches to new customers, which builds the bankroll without having to place any bets.
There are mostly positives when dealing with BetMGM, especially in the most important areas like betting options and promotions. But it’s also our job to note what could be improved, so we found a couple of areas that can be upgraded:
- Website Navigation: Getting around the website and specifically into the additional markets can cause some lag in the app. The options are there, but it may take some patience to get there.
- Customer Support: It takes a lot of clicking to see all of the available options and to get to the point where you’re speaking with someone. A live chat would be a welcome addition, but BetMGM doesn’t currently employ one.
How to deposit and cash out at BetMGM online betting
One of the keys to choosing a sportsbook is learning which ones are the easiest to work with from a banking standpoint. Whether you are putting money in or taking it out, the process needs to be a simple, secure, and efficient one. At BetMGM, it’s all three.
While the exact list of available options may vary by jurisdiction, here’s what BetMGM offers from a banking perspective in its largest markets:
- Debit/credit card
- Bank transfer
When making a deposit, transactions will be instant. Your account balance will reflect the change, and it will also be noted in an email sent to the address you provided at signup.
The exact amount of time it takes to receive money will be determined by the method you use but the quickest withdrawals take 24 to 48 hours to reach your bank account, and that is usually through PayPal, Skrill, or Play+.
All the specifics about banking methods can be found in the terms and conditions, and questions can be answered by the automated customer service system as well.
BetMGM’s entry into the Canadian sports betting market
BetMGM’s plans for Canada bore fruit on April 4, 2022, when it launched on the first day of regulated sports betting in Ontario.
In advance of its launch in the Great White North, BetMGM laid the foundation for strategic partnerships, specifically in the hockey space. Wayne Gretzky has a deal in place to be the brand ambassador, while BetMGM is now the official sports betting partner of The Hockey News. Having both “The Great One” and the “Bible of Hockey” in your corner is quite the one-two punch.
BetMGM’s huge menu of betting options includes some of the Canadian public’s favourites such as the NFL, CFL, NBA, UFC, and NHL. Throw in the promotional options and at times, some of the more favourable odds around, and there’s no reason why BetMGM Sportsbook won’t be a massive hit in Canada.