Ottawa Redblacks’ defensive lineman Lorenzo Mauldin IV has been named the CFL’s top performer for Week 15 by Pro Football Focus (PFF).
The 30-year-old received a grade of 89.8 for his performance against the B.C. Lions on Saturday during which he recorded three defensive tackles and one tackle for loss. He played a total of 46 defensive snaps and earned a grade of 81.7 on 40 pass rush attempts.
Mauldin was named the league’s Most Outstanding Defensive Player in 2022 after recording 43 tackles, 17 sacks, two forced fumbles, and two fumble recoveries. He has made 22 tackles and three sacks over 13 games this season.
Ottawa quarterback Dustin Crum was the highest-graded offensive player of the week (88.7) after completing 19-of-30 pass attempts for 233 yards in his team’s 41-37 loss to B.C. He also carried the ball nine times for 46 yards and a career-high three rushing touchdowns. The rookie out of Kent State has now rushed for eight touchdowns on the season, which puts him in a tie with Chad Kelly for first league-wide.
The Edmonton Elks had the highest-graded offensive line of the week, receiving a unit grade of 77.1. Centre Mark Korte, who recently signed a three-year contract extension with the team, earned the best individual grade at 74.1, followed by right tackle Brett Boyko (68.0) and left guard David Foucault (63.0).
The top-graded players from each position were as follows for Week 15.
- QB | Dustin Crum | Ottawa Redblacks | 88.7
- RB | Kevin Brown | Edmonton Elks | 80.8
- REC | Justin McInnis | B.C. Lions | 85.9
- OL | Peter Nicastro | Toronto Argonauts | 81.9
- DL | Lorenzo Mauldin IV | Ottawa Redblacks | 89.8
- LB | Tyrice Beverette | Montreal Alouettes | 74.5
- DB | Mason Pierce | Toronto Argonauts | 88.5
- K/P | Jake Julien | Edmonton Elks | 74.5
- ST | Nic Cross | Hamilton Tiger-Cats | 90.6
The top ten graded offensive and defensive performances from the 2023 season thus far are as follows.
- 94.0 | Week 14 | QB | Zach Collaros | Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- 93.4 | Week 6 | QB | Chad Kelly | Toronto Argonauts
- 92.9 | Week 12 | DB | Marc-Antoine Dequoy | Montreal Alouettes
- 92.9 | Week 9 | QB | Zach Collaros | Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- 92.5 | Week 3 | DB | Royce Metchie | Toronto Argonauts
- 91.8 | Week 8 | DB | Kabion Ento | Montreal Alouettes
- 91.7 | Week 11 | QB | Tre Ford | Edmonton Elks
- 91.6 | Week 10 | REC | DaVaris Daniels | Toronto Argonauts
- 91.2 | Week 10 | REC | Keon Hatcher | B.C. Lions
- 90.8 | Week 2 | QB | Zach Collaros | Winnipeg Blue Bombers