Montreal Alouettes’ defensive back Marc-Antoine Dequoy has been named the CFL’s top performer for Week 12 by Pro Football Focus (PFF).
The native of Île Bizard, Que. played 61 defensive snaps in his team’s 47-17 loss to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and recorded two defensive tackles and two interceptions, one of which he returned for a touchdown. He is now tied for fourth league-wide in interceptions this season behind only Demerio Houston, Brandin Dandridge, and Robertson Daniel.
PFF awarded Dequoy a grade of 94.5 for his efforts this past week, which is the second-highest single-game grade any player has received this year.
Edmonton Elks’ quarterback Tre Ford was the highest-graded offensive player of the week with a grade of 89.5. He completed 15-of-18 pass attempts for a career-high 317 yards and one touchdown in a 30-20 win over the Ottawa Redblacks, snapping the club’s 22-game home losing streak. He also carried the ball 10 times for 74 yards and a touchdown.
The Toronto Argonauts had the highest-graded offensive line of the week following the team’s 39-31 win over the Calgary Stampeders, earning a group grade of 78.4. Right tackle Dejon Allen was the highest-graded individual performer at 69.7, followed by centre Darius Ciraco at 69.4 and left guard Ryan Hunter at 68.9.
The CFL partnered with PFF for the first time ahead of the 2023 season. The American company uses game footage to review every player on the field and grades their individual performances on a scale from zero to 100.
The league unveils the top-graded players from PFF each week. Offensive and defensive players must play a minimum of 25 snaps to be eligible and special teams players must play at least 10. Ties are broken by the number of snaps played.
The top-graded players from each position were as follows for Week 12.
- QB | Tre Ford | Edmonton Elks | 89.5
- RB | AJ Ouellette | Toronto Argonauts | 76.6
- REC | Nic Demski | Winnipeg Blue Bombers | 77.8
- OL | Brandon Kemp | Hamilton Tiger-Cats | 75.6
- DL | Casey Sayles | Hamilton Tiger-Cats | 90.4
- LB | Wynton McManis | Toronto Argonauts | 77.3
- DB | Marc-Antoine Dequoy | Montreal Alouettes | 92.9
- K/P | Boris Bede | Toronto Argonauts | 74.4
- ST | Jonathan Edouard | Toronto Argonauts | 91.1
The top ten graded offensive and defensive performances from the 2023 season thus far are as follows.
- 93.4 | Week 6 | QB | Chad Kelly | Toronto Argonauts
- 92.9 | Week 12 | DB | Marc-Antoine Dequoy | Montreal Alouettes
- 92.9 | Week 9 | QB | Zach Collaros | Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- 92.5 | Week 3 | DB | Royce Metchie | Toronto Argonauts
- 91.8 | Week 8 | DB | Kabion Ento | Montreal Alouettes
- 91.7 | Week 11 | QB | Tre Ford | Edmonton Elks
- 91.6 | Week 10 | REC | DaVaris Daniels | Toronto Argonauts
- 91.2 | Week 10 | REC | Keon Hatcher | B.C. Lions
- 90.8 | Week 2 | QB | Zach Collaros | Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- 90.6 | Week 2 | DL | Julian Howsare | Calgary Stampeders