The Canadian Football League has successfully rescheduled the Edmonton Elks at Toronto Argonauts game, which was postponed from August 26 because of Covid-19 concerns. The game is now scheduled to be played Tuesday, November 16 at 7:30 pm EST.
“The Edmonton Elks have worked closely with the league, CFL member teams, the players association, TSN, football operations as well as key local stakeholders on schedule adjustments. We want to thank all of them, and our fans, for the patience while this complicated task was being finalized,” Elks President and CEO Chris Presson stated.
“Our schedule, and the schedules of others, shifting in this way is a complex task requiring consensus from all involved. We are grateful that all our partners were able to come together, and ensure that the 2021 season stayed whole.”
Another organization, which previously had a hold on BMO Field for that date, agreed to relinquish it if accommodated elsewhere. That contributed to a “domino effect” which has caused some other changes to the CFL schedule:
- The Saskatchewan Roughriders – Edmonton Elks game scheduled for Friday, November 5 at 9:45 pm EDT in Saskatchewan will now be played instead in Edmonton on the same date at the same time.
- The Saskatchewan Roughriders – Edmonton Elks game scheduled in Edmonton for Saturday, November 13 at 7:00 pm EST will now be played in Saskatchewan on the same date at 4 pm EST.
- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers – Montreal Alouettes game scheduled for Saturday, November 13 at 4:00 pm EST in Montreal will now be played on the same date and at the same location but at 1:00 pm EST.
- Since the realigned schedule results in the Elks playing a series of three games over a period of seven days, the CFL and the Canadian Football League Players Association have agreed that both teams can each add an additional five players to their active rosters for the following games:
- Edmonton at Toronto on Tuesday, November 16
- Edmonton at BC on Friday, November 19