The Calgary Stampeders have announced their final roster ahead of the 2021 CFL season, including the signing of veteran defensive end Shawn Lemon that was first reported by 3DownNation’s Justin Dunk.
Lemon is a veteran of 107 career regular-season games over nine CFL seasons including 24 contests with the Stampeders. He was a member of Calgary’s Grey Cup-championship team in 2014.
In addition to Calgary, Lemon has played for Saskatchewan, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto and BC and he has accumulated 176 defensive tackles including 15 tackles for loss, two special-teams tackles, 70 sacks, 23 forced fumbles, six fumble recoveries, one interception and 17 knockdowns.
The University of Akron product has reached double digits in sacks in three seasons including the 2014 campaign with the Stamps that also saw him tie a league record with eight forced fumbles.
Lemon begins the year on Calgary’s CFL Practice Roster, accessible to any team in the event of emergency. He will likely join the active roster once the Stampeders have familiarized him with their system.
In corresponding moves, the team has released American defensive lineman Theo Majette and Yurik Bethune. Canadian defensive lineman Connor McGough, injured throughout camp, has chosen to retire.
The following players have been added to the Stampeders practice roster:
- American defensive back Marcelis Branch
- American receiver George Campbell
- National receiver Luther Hakunavanhu
- American receiver Malik Henry
- American offensive lineman Jordan Morgan
- American defensive back Ramon Richards
- Global receiver Andres Salgado
- National defensive lineman Andrew Seinet-Spaulding
- American running back Roc Thomas
- American receiver Dan Williams III
- American defensive back Kobe Williams
In addition, the following four players will join Lemon on the CFL Practice Roster:
- National kicker Kieran Burnham
- American receiver Nick Holley
- American offensive lineman Leon Johnson
- American linebacker Jarell White