The Montreal Alouettes might finally have a deal in place for new owners.
Here's the latest on #AlsMTL ownership, according to my sources. The Lenkov brothers will be the majority owners … 51 per cent. Claridge and Pierre Boivin will have the remaining 49 per cent. Deal expected to close within 7-10 days
— Herb Zurkowsky (@HerbZurkowsky1) October 12, 2019
Montreal Gazette reporter Herb Zurkowsky has been tied into the entire process.
Peter Lenkov is a 55-year-old writer and producer. He studied film at Concordia University in Montreal. Jeffrey Lenkov , who is 53 years old, is a lawyer based in California. The younger brother went to McGill University.
The CFL officially purchased the Alouettes from the Wetenhall’s in late May. The league and Wetenhall family had been working for several months to identify and assess potential new owners and that process is ongoing with Randy Ambrosie leading the way.
The Lenkov brothers have been at Alouettes games on the road and in Montreal while cheering them on publicly on social media. Ambrosie was hoping to sell the Alouettes to the Lenkov brothers and it seems that wish could come true.