So Steve Milton, who been handling the heavy lifting on the Ticats beat for most of this season, is covering golf this week so I’m back in my old perch at practice. So far it’s been a slow week…
The Manziel trade opens up all kinds of interesting story lines and we’ll try and cover them all before Hamilton takes on Ottawa on Saturday.
Here’s the latest:
• Defensive end Jamaal Westerman and receiver Chris Williams have yet to arrive in Hamilton and aren’t at practice today but are expected on the field in time for Tuesday’s session. This is a long week for the Ticats – they have eight days between games – so this is a an extra on field session with the usual three-day practice week starting on Tuesday.
2. There are only two quarterbacks on the field, Jeremiah Masoli and Dane Evans. I would expect the team to bring someone else in shortly but they aren’t here yet.
3. The Team has spent the first part of practice working on special teams.
4. I do not see receiver Luke Tasker, who missed last week’s game against Saskatchewan, on the field.
5. The Ticats have added long snapper Aaron Crawford (again) and released Tanner Doll, which indicates that Crawford is ready to play after suffering a knee injury late last year.
6. The Ticats didn’t do much by way of team sessions on Monday but both Canadian Kay Okafor and American Avery Jordan took reps at the left tackle spot vacated by the departure of Tony Washington. For now, it looks like they haven’t decided.
7. Defensive end Adrian Tracy, who missed the last two games, is practicing.