With day three of Ticats practice wrapping up, we have a sense of what the line up will look like for Saturday’s tilt against the Calgary Stampeders.
- linebacker Simoni Lawrence was absent from practice on day three with Kavell Conner taking his spot on the weak side. Like Fulton, Lawrence practiced some this week but has been hampered by a lower body injury and head coach Kent Austin said he won’t play Saturday.
- running back C.J. Gable will return to the starting line up in place of Ross Scheuerman. My guess is that head coach Kent Austin wants Gable’s superior pass protection against the Stamps defensive front and…
- offensive tackle Xavier Fulton is banged up and looks to be doubtful for Saturday. He’s taken some reps in the team sessions but it’s unclear is he’ll be ready for Saturday. If he can’t go, Lamar Holmes, who started last game at right tackle, will shift to left with Quinterrius Eatmon making his CFL debut on the right side.
- halfback Abdul Kanneh practiced all three days this week and looks set to start at boundary halfback. Khalid Wooten will move boundary corner for the injured Keon Lyn and it appears veteran Dominique Ellis, re-signed this week, will be the extra defensive back.
- after sitting out the last three weeks, Kevin Elliott takes over for Junior Collins at receiver.
- Canadian running back Sean Thomas-Erlington, who had a strong training camp, will be added to the roster in place of injured linebacker Nick Shortill, who has a foot injury.