It’s the last full practice before Saturday’s exhibition tilt vs. the Argos and so there are some indications of what the line up will look like. For example:
• it looks like both Jeremiah Masoli and Jeff Mathews will see at least some action at quarterback (UPDATE: Austin confirmed that Masoli will start and that they could play all four quarterbacks.)
• I think Brett Maher will handle the majority of the kicking duties.
• I don’t think we’ll see much of linebacker Simoni Lawrence, defensive tackle Ted Laurent – who still isn’t practicing – and guard Ryan Bomben (who is back out here after missing yesterday but not doing team work.)
• another notable absence is defensive back Cleshawn Page, who was taking first tean reps at boundary corner earlier in camp. He does not appear to be at practice.
A few other notes and observations…
• players serenaded defensive coordinator Orlondo Steinauer with happy birthday during warm up. Turns 43 today.
• coach Kent Austin spent part of warm up playing catch with defensive and special teams quality control Matt Tolliver. That morphed into Tolliver running routes against offensive quality control coach Jarryd Baines and Austin going two-for-two with throws into pretty decent coverage. Even when he’s warming up the quarterbacks, Austin puts some zip on the ball… the former player is still in there, just below the surface.