Three impact players are waiting to see if a National Football League contract gets offered to them. After that free-agent options are dwindling. Canadian Football League teams are bargain-hunting now.
Top 15 free agents left on the open market:
1. Aaron Grymes, international DB (Edmonton): Can flat-out play wherever you want to line him up. NFL aspirations are his focus at the moment.
2. Tristan Okpalaugo, international DE (Toronto): American pass rushing force who might be waiting on NFL contract offers, he’s visited the Cardinals, Raiders and Jets.
3. Emanuel Davis, international DB (Hamilton): Productive, instinctive and brings play-making ability. He’s getting NFL looks so no decision imminent.
4. Don Oramasionwu, national DT (Eskimos): Interior Canadian linemen who can provide a steady presence inside.
5. Matt Norman, national OL (B.C.): Started 36 games at centre for the Lions in 2013 and 2014 combined but there are questions about his health. Still, Canadian offensive lineman now at a premium.
6. Chris Getzlaf (pictured), national REC (Saskatchewan): The last veteran Canadian receiver on the board.
7. Bryan Hall (pictured), international DT (Hamilton): Athletic big man has been the yang to Ted Laurent’s ying.
8. Joel Figueroa, international OL (Hamilton): On talent alone he could be an NFL tackle, but he simply needs to stay healthy.
9. Ryan Hinds, national DB (Eskimos): A Canuck who has experience starting on the backend and brings a proven ability to make special teams tackles.
10. Xavier Fulton, international OL (Saskatchewan): An offensive tackle who could provide starting experience and depth.
11. Justin Hickman, international DE (Hamilton): Consistent and dependable veteran on the edge.
12. Vincent Agnew, international LB (Toronto): Could be a SAM, WILL or even play safety. He can play multiple positions and he’s a great special teams player.
13. Neil King, national DB (Hamilton): Canadian defensive back with starting experience who can play special teams and seems to have a knack for blocking punts.
14. Jake Olson, international OL (Hamilton): He was playing at a high level until suffering a season-ending knee injury.
15. Thomas DeMarco, international QB (Ottawa): The 27-year-old quarterback hasn’t started many games but not much QB depth left.