It’s day one of Ticats’ practice and here’s what’s happening on another beautiful day at Tim Hortons Field…
1. There are a few starters sitting out with minor injuries including linebacker Simoni Lawrence, defensive back Courtney Stephen and receiver Terrence Tolliver. I’ll get an update after practice but my sense is they are just maintenance days and they’ll be good to go for Saturday’s game against B.C.
2. Canadian safety Craig Butler and offensive tackle Joel Figueroa, both of whom missed last week due to injury, are sitting out again today.
3. the Ticats have officially announced what Steve Milton reported last night: the team is retiring the No. 68 in honour of Angelo Mosca. I’ll have more on this later.
4. Defensive back Emanuel Davis has been named one of the CFL’s top performers of the week, the league’s new version of players-of-the-week. Davis, who had two interception returns for touchdowns last Sunday against the Bombers, is the first Ticat to win a weekly award this season.
5. The Bombers have announced that quarterback Drew Willy will miss 6-to-8 weeks with a knee injury suffered in the game against Hamilton. Bad news for a team struggling to make the playoffs in the West Division.