Today is the final day of Ticat training camp and given all the injuries they’ve suffered, that’s probably a good thing. The team travels to Winnipeg tomorrow and will play their final pre-season game Friday against the Bombers.
Here’s what you need to know:
• Zach Collaros gets the start at quarterback with Jeremiah Masoli the next man up. The team will play it by ear after that, head coach Kent Austin said. I still think the back up job is Jeff Mathews’ to lose but the Ticats need to see what Masoli can do, even if it’s to earn the No. 3 job.
• on the injury front, add running back Nic Grigsby to the list. He got banged up in the first pre-season game and missed some time early in the week but was working his way back into the line up. I think he’s had a set back because he wasn’t on the field today at all and Austin said he won’t play against Winnipeg. No sign of offensive tackles Joel Figueroa and Brian Simmons, either.
• Austin didn’t have an update on Luke Tasker who suffered what the team is referring to as a “lower body” injury.
• the Ticats are not live streaming Friday’s game. Investors Group Field in Winnipeg is being transitioned from hosting women’s World Cup games and there just isn’t time to get the infrastructure in place.
• Ticats great Angelo Mosca was at practice today. He spent some time chatting with several players, including Peter Dyakowski who’s pictured above, and Austin.