the Ticats practiced at 2:30 p.m. today instead of their usual 8:30 a.m. start time. It was one of the warmest days of camp so far.
• receiver Luke Tasker, who appeared to suffer a lower body injury yesterday, did not practice today. He watched a portion of the session but didn’t do drills or running of any kind. I’ll be asking for an official update shortly. Tim Smith took his spot on the first team offence.
• Tasker is also the holder on field goals so one of the long snappers, Kyle Miller, handled those duties today.
• there are a couple of other new injuries to report: receiver Quincy McDuffie is also absent after getting dinged late in yesterday’s session and offensive tackle Brian Simmons is sitting out today as well. Defensive back Johnny Sears and offensive tackle Joel Figueroa are still sidelined.
• with four American receivers now injured or limited (Tasker, McDuffie and Terrell Sinkfield are out, Terence Tolliver is still recovering from the upper body injury he suffered in last Monday’s pre-season game) the team has signed Jasper Collins. who has spent time with Cincinnati, Cleveland and Miami of the NFL after playing 52 games at the University of Mount Union from 2009 to 2012, registering 232 receptions for 3,527 yards and 37 touchdowns. He most recently played for the Boston Brawlers of the Fall Experimental Football League.
• to make room for Collins, the team has placed Canadian receiver Giovanni Aprile on the suspended list. Aprile has yet to practice this season as he recovers from injury.