Here’s what’s happening at Ticats practice today
• more bad news on the injury front: receiver Luke Tasker appeared to suffer a lower body injury and left the field about halfway through the session. Still no OT Joel Figueroa or DB Johnny Sears, either.
• the Ticats have made their roster moves ahead of tonight’s midnight deadline.
– they’ve released WR Deon Anthony, OLs Kevin Henry and Stephane Milhim, LBs Larry King and Chris Johnson as well as DB Cleshawn Page.
– they’ve moved defensive tackle Brian Bulcke, who is out for the season with a knee injury, to the six-game injured list.
– they’ve suspended RB C.J. Gable, DB Rico Murray and DE Antonio Coleman, all three of whom are currently injured. They’ll return when healthy.
The only mild surprise here is Johnson, who was taken in the fourth round of the 2014 CFL Draft. He played in one game as a rookie and spent most of last season on the practice roster. But the arrival of 2015 draft picks Byron Archambault and Jonathan Langa, both of whom look like solid special teams contributors, have squeezed Johnson out.
• on the plus side of the injury ledger, fullback C.O. Prime and running back Nic Grigsby are practicing fully after missing the last couple of days.
• Justin Medlock is back kicking after taking yesterday off to rest a tired leg.