Day one of Ticats training camp and the weather was miserable, featuring rain, wind and cold temperatures. The team had scheduled two practices but cut the session short after just one and will make up the time later in the week.
Still, it wasn’t all bad.
“It was good for mental toughness to open up this way,” said Ticats coach Kent Austin.
Here are a few notes on the day’s proceedings. Remember, it’s day one of training camp and a lot will change between now and week one.
• Jeremiah Masoli took the second team reps behind Zach Collaros at quarterback.
• Terence Tolliver was among the five wide receivers in the first unit (Brandon Banks, Andy Fantuz, Luke Tasker, Bakari Grant were the others.)
• the starting five offensive linemen were, from left to right: Joel Figueroa, Pete Dyakowski, Mike Filer, Ryan Bomben, Brian Simmons.
• defensive Brandon Stewart is nursing an injury and did limited work. Emanuel Davis was at the boundary corner with the first unit with Ed Gainey at the boundary half.
• in addition to Stewart, there were a few other Ticats doing on-field rehab work, including: RB Anthony Woodson and DE Arnaud Gascon-Nadon. WR Giovanni Aprile, DT Evan Gill and S Neil King didn’t practice and King has been added to the injury exempt list.
• Burlington native and Western Mustangs QB Will Finch is attending Ticats camp again this season. Was here in 2012 as well.