Stamps QB Bo Levi Mitchell on knee: no ‘structural damage’

Calgary Stampeders quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell says the knee injury that put him on the sidelines in Ottawa isn’t anything major.

Mitchell was injured with just over five minutes to go in the second quarter when he was hit low by Redblacks defensive lineman Danny Mason, who was flagged 15 yards for roughing the passer. Mitchell was down for several seconds and got up limping but stayed in the game three more plays, long enough to complete the drive which ended in a Calgary field goal.

But Mitchell went to the locker room before the next Calgary possession and was replaced by back up Nick Arbuckle and didn’t return to the game. The 2016 CFL MOP was 16-of-21 for 166 yards and one touchdown when he left for the locker room.

Arbuckle finished the game for the Stampeders, going 8-of-14 for 84 yards and one TD. Mitchell did return to the sidelines in the second half and watched while still in uniform.

It does seem as though Mitchell’s status for the Stamps Week 6 matchup against Montreal is up in the air.

“We all saw the hit and it didn’t look great…. just going to have to let the medical guys tell us what it is and get a plan,” head coach Dave Dickenson said.

-with CP files

66 Comments on Stamps QB Bo Levi Mitchell on knee: no ‘structural damage’

1. Stampeding // July 13, 2018 at 3:33 pm //

It is no good for anyone to see the premiere player of this league go down to injury.
    Sounds promising though.

2. Ari Katz // July 13, 2018 at 4:02 pm //

Calgary does not need Mitchell next week and should rest him. Calgary could beat Montreal with their fourth string quarterback.

3. Blue rules // July 13, 2018 at 4:03 pm //

It looked like Michelleangelo the Teenage mutant Ninja turtle is fine! He could have completed the game on his own. COWABUNG Dude.

4. Mr. Miyagi wants his bandana back.

• Really?
      That’s the best you’ve got?
      BLM is better than anyone in this league. You know it, I know it.
      Arbuckle played better than your dynamic duo, and he had to come off the bench cold, the Bobbsey twins had a week of practice.

• Missed coffee…..SURPRISE

• Awesome watching you get owned yup

• Let’s meet right now Yup. You appear to have nothing going on. Pick a place convenient to you. My treat

• Blue canoe // July 13, 2018 at 5:34 pm //

He sure did. You surprised?

• Stampeding // July 13, 2018 at 5:46 pm //

How are those groceries after sitting in your car so long? lol Didn’t think of that when you make up your story did you?
            So Last straw pub, I buy you a meal and 4 drinks plus give you a ticket on the 55 yard line for game on 21st or aug 4,,,your choice

• Blue canoe // July 13, 2018 at 6:04 pm //

Listen loser. I went to the store AFTER waiting for you to no show. Grabbed the few things I needed and walked home. And yes, I was at Starbucks. So move along.

• Puck Hog // July 13, 2018 at 7:15 pm //

Danger, danger. Watch out, Blue; Red wants to buy you 4 drinks! Can you believe this guy? No wonder that he even makes Stamps’ fans shudder.

• Stampeding // July 13, 2018 at 8:07 pm //

I’m offering to meet on your terms….anytime any place. I just need to know about it. I explained what a happened.

• The guys a fool Blue. I’ve said it before, the guy is banned from the local fan forum. He’s some sort of a weirdo. I’ve been told by other true fans to stay clear. They want nothing to do with him either.

• if hes better than anyone else in the league, why does he choke in the playoffs

• Hail mary king. Realy would love to see his stats less the pi calls.I personaly do not see him as the besr however he does have the best help from everyone out on that field.

• Blue rules // July 13, 2018 at 4:34 pm //

Wax on, Wax off

• What time??? Last Straw pub

• Wax on, Wax off. Wax on, Wax off.
        First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature rule, Daniel-san, not mine

• Stampeding // July 13, 2018 at 4:54 pm //

If Bo is at wax on wax off stage, where are the rider qbs!!!!lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

• Jerry Manyhandles // July 14, 2018 at 10:44 am //

That went right over your head. Keep making yourself look stupid. What’s your diagnosis anyway?

• Look
        The first message I saw from you was say
        “So Tuscany Starbucks?”
        I said I know were that is.
        Next thing you say is I was a no show.
        At that point I go back in the messages and see the one about you swinging by in 2 hours. I did not see that one at the beginning. Fine my mistake……..
        besides that:
        So what was the server at starbucks named? How many were working?
        Seems interesting you’d be willing to hangout at Starbucks for so long on a 30 degree day with groceries in your car…..just sayin…..

What do you say we both redeem ourselves??

• So yes to the last Straw

5. Glad he’s ok. League needs him! Agreed… against Montreal, Arbuckle can shoulder the load.

6. rest him they’ll only need a field goal to win next week

7. So all you Stamp fans are thinking Calgary should take the Al’s lightly. Just ask the Riders how that worked out for them.

8. Jan
    big difference between Stamps and Riders.

9. I would prefer that BLM play next week to preserve and add to his start record and wins per season. Alouettes will not be easy and not a good reason to rest BLM. The Stamps could be lulled to sleep with a so called easy win.
    I believe this team could go 18-0 for the season and should have BLM ride the wave. They are now finished with my team, so I am pulling for BLM.

10. The only place with structural damage is the riders organization

11. Is it just me or does Bo look like William Zabka? Sweep the leg!

12. Wideout // July 14, 2018 at 5:26 am //

#metosignedthenieces has lots of dates. So they cost him about 150.00 for 2 minutes, they are still technically dates.

13. Blue rules // July 14, 2018 at 10:15 am //

Personally, I think Mo Bovine Michael looks more like an older, skinnier version of Mick Jaguar

• Stampeding // July 14, 2018 at 1:59 pm //

Well both are the top dogs in their chosen professions. So there are similarities.

FYI…. It’s Keith Richards who wears the head band, not Mick Jagger.
      D+
      Personally, I think he look’s more like Robert Di Nero in the Deer Hunter.