Alouettes’ coach Mike Sherman battles with headset, hilarity ensues

Mike Sherman may have won his first game as a CFL head coach on Saturday night but his headset is still undefeated.

The Montreal Alouettes head coach performed what amounted to an impromptu striptease while trying to rid himself of his pesky headset after his team’s 23-17 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders showed the entire episode – which lasted almost a minute – on the broadcast.

The jokes came fast and furious.

Congrats to Sherman on the win and for being comfortable enough in his own skin to show a little too much of it on national television. And if he needs some advice for how to put a stupid headset in its place, he can always give Jason Maas a call.

23 Comments on Alouettes’ coach Mike Sherman battles with headset, hilarity ensues

1. Stampeding // July 1, 2018 at 12:44 am //

I hope Sherman comes to Calgary to coach my stamps. Would be a great addition and would fit in well.

• WickedTuna // July 1, 2018 at 1:14 pm //

Not funny. Great man, great coach who would never ever participate in any joke at someone else’s expense. Remove this garbage.

2. two words: Cordless headphones

3. Evil Empire // July 1, 2018 at 12:48 am //

I was embarrassed for the guy. I could have gone the rest of my life not seeing his gut hanging out like that.

Congrats though, Coach. You won a game.

• I agree with you EE!

That being said – some of the tweets posted in the story above are HILARIOUS!

4. Scottsask // July 1, 2018 at 12:53 am //

Best part of the game.

• It’s about TSN realizing that fans needed to see some entertainment after another terrible, penalty filled boring game.

5. Damn I’m glad I’m not a Rider fan. 3 games in and the Rider season is shot to hell. I actually picked them to win tonight and lost money on it. Oh well, money well spent. My enjoyment of the evening far exceeds the financial loss.

6. Scottsask // July 1, 2018 at 12:59 am //

Happy Canada Day!

7. Some people have “innies”, some have “outties”… I don’t know what that is on Sherman, but it appeared to be smiling so I guess that’s good.

8. Seeing Sherman’s gunt on full display was cringeworthy.

It was cartoonishly bad – – something you’d expect from Homer Simpson.

And to think this buffoon just out-coached Chris Jones.

• bleedzgreen // July 1, 2018 at 1:23 pm //

You eat with that mouth Area51?

Chris Jones has his own issues, that are expodentially worse than anything in Sherman’s worst nightmares. Stop spinning your [email protected]

Riders got beat straight up. Both teams have QB issues- Carter needs to play WR, and Jonsie needs to find a shutdown corner. Never going to win if we can’t be objective about why we lost.

You need some help.

9. Try to grow up. This guy’s craps know more about football than 3Down. Now THAT’S funny.

10. antoine lussier // July 1, 2018 at 8:23 am //

what a GUTSY performance!!!!!!!!!

• Jeff May // July 1, 2018 at 2:07 pm //

Your reply is almost as funny as the video! Except for the part where he kind of tied it in the middle, I thought he mixed up his pride weekend!

11. Tiger man // July 1, 2018 at 9:12 am //

Who helped him install the thing in the first place?

Sherman needs to talk to Maas on how to quickly remove a headset.

12. Why are they still wired? what year is this?
    Head on down to The Source and spend $30 on a wireless set.

13. Wireless is interceptable.

• Have to think they’re set up for secure transmission.

And the QBs have helmet radios to receive communication from the coaches. No wires there.

• The wire may just be from the headset to a box worn on the belt.

14. Chris Robertson // July 1, 2018 at 2:47 pm //

I’d like to see this again but this time with the Benny Hill music….

15. waveman // July 2, 2018 at 9:41 am //

at least a chuckle from mike would’ve made it a little more of a light moment..but that he was serious through it all was a bit on the creepy side, lighten up mike it was a fun moment