Eskimos DB Aaron Grymes placed on suspended list

Edmonton defensive back Aaron Grymes is away from the team at the moment.

Grymes re-signed with the Eskimos through the 2018 season in February. He made 30 tackles and forced one fumble in six games with the Eskimos in 2017. The 24-year-old spent 2016 bouncing between the Philadelphia Eagles practice squad and active roster. Grymes was waived among the Eagles final roster cuts for the 2017 NFL season, making him a free agent.

The Seattle native was in Edmonton for three seasons with the Eskimos, helping the club win the Grey Cup in 2015. Grymes was a CFL all-star in 2015 after registering 43 tackles, one sack and four interceptions. Over his CFL career, Grymes has 101 tackles, eight interceptions and a sack.

If Grymes is away long enough to miss the season-opener against Winnipeg on Thursday night that would leave a large hole to fill in the Eskimos secondary.

12 Comments on Eskimos DB Aaron Grymes placed on suspended list

1. Truly hope all is well back home.

2. Sun always shines at McMahon // June 11, 2018 at 7:24 pm //

Please don’t start trying to speculate and sensationalize this.

• WTF are you babbling about ?

• BC Dave // June 11, 2018 at 8:16 pm //

Geez man, where in the SEVEN words was even able to “speculate” or “Sensationalize” this????

• BC Dave – His crap is beyond ridiculous. All he’s here to do is stir sh*t. Had enough !!

• It just bugs me that he takes things and makes them out to be fact. Like in another thread about Collaros starting. He says that just PROVES that he was slated to be the starter from the get-go. Hw is that proof ????

Meanwhile on another thread, I said I was impressed by Jennings game against Winnipeg. I did not state it as a fact but simply my opinion, and yet another Lion “fan’ jumps down my throat demanding I justify my reasoning for being impressed and that I was DISHONEST for not giving my reason. Perhaps if he had not jumped down my throat, I would have but I am not going to let some guy to that too me twice. All the Lions brass said exactly what I said. It was a good outing and he seems totally healthy after last years injury. They (and I) said there is room for improvement (unless what”s his face expects him to be in November shape in June). Wally (and I) also said they need to have faster starts. Anyway, too much crap on here. People arguing like children about who is going to win Tuesday night etc. Used to be fun here talking with other fans about their teams and respecting each others opinions. No problem asking why they thing that way but it used to be done respectfully.

3. Anyway, like you said, hope all is well and nothing that some time at home can’t fix.
    (I supposed I just speculated and sensationalized too). LOL. Great DB and I was really hoping that he’d be another Ex-eskimo headed West.

Interesting point to chew around. Of the 9 starting QBs in the league. 7 are on the last year of their contract. This includes Jennings and Mike Reilly. Could be some movement during the off season but I should not day that cuz we should enjoy the season and worry about the off season DURING the off season. Only reason I thought about it more than I normally would…Reilly in BC ?? He does look better in Black & Orange than he does in Green & Gold. He and Trav are the best of friends too.

• Well….that would come at a price, that’s for damn sure.

• Cat Fan // June 14, 2018 at 5:53 pm //

I suspect Edmonton would have to screw up for Reilly to go to BC. He seems to like the offense/HC and with the receivers he has to throw to – I am not sure that Travis’ friendship and/or the BC receivers would be all that persuasive.

• BC Dave // June 15, 2018 at 9:38 pm //

I get that Reilly is firmly entrenched in Edmonton but there is that connection with Trav as I said, with Hervey and with the Lions who brought him up to Canada. Maybe it is just a bit of wishful thinking on my part, esp considering he is 33 right now too. He is a special kind of player though.

4. Purple Reign // June 12, 2018 at 11:16 am //

As far as Jennings is concerned, you do know that the Bombers left 20 starters at home? They played scrubs the whole game who are no longer on the team. BC played starters into the 3rd quarter. Jennings evaluation is forthcoming can’t evaluate him on that game.

5. Eatinghorses. // June 17, 2018 at 5:01 pm //

Sometimes life gets in the way and Americans need to go to the Excited States of America and deal with family related issues. Very normal stuff.