Zach Collaros looking to prove himself with Riders

Zach Collaros reported to the Saskatchewan Roughriders’ training camp with something to prove.

Saskatchewan acquired the veteran quarterback from the Hamilton Tiger-Cats this off-season but he was never anointed as the starter. Instead, head coach/GM Chris Jones declared the position an open competition between Collaros, 29, Brandon Bridge of Mississauga, Ont., and youngsters David Watford, Marquise Williams and recently signed B.J. Daniels.

And that’s fine with Collaros.

“I think in pro football you have to prove yourself every practice, every rep and every game,” Collaros said. “I’ve always had that mentality and that’s not going to change.”

The Riders hope Collaros returns to his 2015 form when he was the overwhelming favourite as the CFL’s outstanding player. Collaros was the league passing leader (3,376 yards), TDs (25) and passer rating (113.7) before suffering a season-ending knee injury against the Jones-coached Edmonton Eskimos.

Collaros returned midway through the 2016 campaign but lost his final 12 regular-season starts – one short of the league record. Interim coach June Jones made backup Jeremiah Masoli the starter ahead upon replacing Kent Austin following Hamilton’s 0-8 start.

Masoli led Hamilton to a 6-4 record over its final 10 regular-season games.

“Zach’s a very good player, there’s absolutely no doubt about it,” Jones said. “I’m from a small town and I know what it’s like to come up with a lot of expectations and the scrutiny you get from the time you’re a young kid, basically, playing high school football and he had to endure that in Steubenville, Ohio, I can assure you.

“We won 10 ballgames last year and Brandon Bridge was a big part why. With that being said I feel very strong about the quarterback position.”

Collaros began his Hamilton tenure impressively, leading the club to a second straight Grey Cup appearance in 2014.

“There’s definitely things I could take from my time in Hamilton that I learned from, whether it was positive or negative, and hopefully be able to use in my time in Saskatchewan,” Collaros said. “I’m definitely excited for the new situation.

“I think any time you’re thrown into something like that, something that’s outside your comfort zone, you become a better person and player.”

Whoever starts at quarterback for Saskatchewan will certainly be in an enviable position.

Offensive co-ordinator Steve McAdoo, entering his third season with Saskatchewan, is a veteran CFL coach. Canadian Jerome Messam is a proven commodity at running back while the receiving corps boasts three 1,000-yard receivers (Duron Carter, Naaman Roosevelt and Bakari Grant).

“We have a lot of great players,” Collaros said. “As the quarterback you’re kind of the point guard, you’re distributing the football.

“If I can do that efficiently and accurately I like our chances in a lot of games. The best teams I’ve been on everybody is on the same page.”

Carter, 27, also played cornerback last season and Jones said Carter will see plenty of action on both sides of the ball in 2018.

“I’m going to keep him very busy,” Jones said.

There’s no denying Carter’s talent but the six-foot-five, 205-pound Florida native is also a polarizing figure.

Last November before the East final, Carter paid $351 to take 26 Riders fans to a movie. Roughly five months earlier, after making an acrobatic one-handed TD catch against the Toronto Argonauts, Carter gave the ball to a young cancer survivor.

But in 2016, he was suspended for one game by the CFL for bumping Ottawa coach Rick Campbell. Later that year, the Montreal Alouettes released Carter and his cousin, Kenny Stafford, a fellow receiver with the team, following an incident with quarterback Rakeem Cato.

Carter has also never been afraid to express himself, either in public or via social media. He’s also facing marijuana possession charges in Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

“I’ve had a lot of guys during my career that are very outspoken and don’t necessarily fit the mould everybody would like them to be in,” Jones said. “Really, that’s going to be Duron’s decision as to how he wants to develop.

“All I can do is offer my experience and try to be a support for him as he’s trying to figure out exactly who he is as an individual.”

This will mark Collaros’s first time in the ultra-competitive West Division – he began his CFL career in 2012 with Toronto before heading to Hamilton. Last year, four of the conference’s five teams posted winning records while Toronto (9-9) and Ottawa (9-8-1) secured the two East playoff spots.

“In the Western conference you have to win more games to make the playoffs,” Collaros said. “That’s definitely a challenge . . . you can’t be 1-7 going into Labour Day and expect to still make the playoffs.”

– CP

116 Comments on Zach Collaros looking to prove himself with Riders

1. Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 2:07 pm //

when your starting QB has to prove himself, that is not conducive to a winning tean

• Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 2:34 pm //

So huff and diamond dave just annoint players to the position with zero expectations? Sounds like communism.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 2:46 pm //

yeah that’s what they do!
        That’s why the Calgary Stampeders always suck so bad

• Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 2:53 pm //

Another thing the stamps do is keep domestic abusers as players without doing anything about it. See: Joffrey Reynolds. Real upstanding citizen that huff.

• dangnabbit // May 21, 2018 at 3:11 pm //

You are aware that the abuse happened six months *after* the Stampeders cut Reynolds, right? At the time, his work visa wasn’t even valid anymore and he was deported after serving his sentence.

• Now that’d be a great topic – – “Biggest Deadbeats In CFL History”.

Lots of candidates to choose from.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 3:22 pm //

You do realize the riders- just yesterday- knowingly and happily signed a player TWICE charged with drug trafficking right??
            Seems Jones is not learning his lessons.
            He’s as dense as Duron

• Red&White Forever // May 21, 2018 at 3:32 pm //

Actually, no. He was not a member of the Stampeders at the time. The incident you’re referring to happened in July 2012. Joffrey Reynolds last year with the Stamps was 2011. Check your facts before you open your mouth. Besides, if you want to throw that kind of dirt around, how about Trevis Smith? It’s worth a Google. He was an upstanding member of the Roughriders who knowingly infected women with HIV while playing in Sask. Or more recently, Euclid Cummings, who sexually assaulted two women in Vancouver while playing for the Bombers? And, we might as well include the newly arrived, and much heralded, Johnny Football and his domestic abuse charge, that was from BEFORE he joined the Ti-Cats. Every team has a player or two that are/were an embarrassment, you might as well call the CFL the Second Chance League. Since every team has skeletons like this in their closet, how about we all just keep it to football?

• Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 4:06 pm //

Pretty naive to believe that was his first offense of domestic abuse. Hint: its almost never just a one off. Its a pattern. How many times did huff hear rumours but look the other way? Very likely it was more than once or twice.

• MR. Green // May 21, 2018 at 3:45 pm //

If you mean Jordan Reaves, he was found innocent. Besides he is in tough to make the team.
          I wonder about Bo. He looks like he is on meth and sounds like it too. His ugly face shows it. Look at his face. He lost 20 lbs apparently.
          Or is he just scared knowing he will have to run more because Hughes and Jefferson will be after that weasel looking, talking selfish bum. No wonder Marc Mueller says he is prick.

• What about Mak Henry?

• MR. Green // May 21, 2018 at 4:04 pm //

I forgot about Henry. Great guy. Turned his life around. He spends a lot of time at Scott Collegiate. Also donated $5000.00 there. It’s the school in a tough area with a lot of game related issues and the poorest area of Regina. They just built a new beautiful school. Thanks area is violent. His history helps as he’s been there done that and is trying to help. His presence is a good thing. A perfect role model for those kids.

• thethinman // May 21, 2018 at 4:06 pm //

Ohhhh, besides Reaves was in tough to make the team? Well, that’s alright then? Rider wisdom. Like Eagles, Hughes & Jefferson may soar, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 4:29 pm //

lolololololol
            awwwwwwwwwwww
            someones a little jealous that Calgary has a young successful QB who will be leading us for the next decade while the riders have everyone’s rejects
            lololololololololololo

sorry that’s just how it is. Deal with it

• So you’re positive that Mak Henry is a “good guy” and has definitely “turned his life around” but equally certain that Jeff Reynolds is beyond rehabilitation?

Sounds like a bit of a double standard. Would be interesting to hear your position on Henry if he played for Calgary/Edmonton/Winnipeg/BC rather than for Regina.

• Puck hog // May 21, 2018 at 3:12 pm //

Haha, Lancaster, you’re right: the Stamps are communists. And we should therefore refer to the antagonist on this site as “Red Scare”, lol!

• Ohhh look who it is – Saskatchewan’s number 1 fan

• True green // May 21, 2018 at 11:06 pm //

I have to agree with you partly; I like when a team is confident in its QB and verbalizes that support. I understand why last year it became either mans ball, and why at this stage CJ had to say the starting position is wide open so as not to disrespect B.B. I fully believe CJ knows Collaros is the starter and if he’d been under contract before resigning BB everyone else would too. Bridge showed potential last year but I’d have been worried as hell if he was our guy going into this season. Over Glenn… he was a nice change when needed.

2. canadianfootballfan // May 21, 2018 at 2:12 pm //

In 2015 in Hamilton he showed amazing ability all-round. They were getting up 21-0 on teams before they were done the first quarter. Before and since 2015 though he has been sub-par to average.

Sure.. he took Hamilton to the 2014 cup, but that was much more a team effort, as he often sputtered out there.

I’m a Collaros fan, and I hope he can regain his 2015 for is Sask. Just not against Hamilton.

3. So if Im mistaken Red Bo peep has lots to prove this season so I guess the Stumps are screwed. Oh wait you are the guy thats content with regular season success so I guess you’re good

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 3:24 pm //

what does Bo have to prove? That he’s a winner? That he can be a top QB in this league? That he can stay healthy?

• Green&Gold // May 21, 2018 at 4:08 pm //

How to finish

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 4:33 pm //

Bo finish the 2014 Grey Cup with a win and finished the 2016 Grey Cup by putting Calgary in 1st and goal on the 2 yard line

• Green&Gold // May 21, 2018 at 7:08 pm //

So once makes him the best? Wow, you have low standards. Warren Moon, Ricky Ray, Mike Reilly

• Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 10:30 pm //

Green&Gold. Red had sex ONCE, and he thinks he is the best.

• True green // May 21, 2018 at 11:19 pm //

So Darian Durant won the GC in 2009 only to have taken away because of a stupid penalty and he was 8-2 in 2014 so obviously he would have won another which would put him at a total of 3(4) BUT that never happened either.

And Bo finished the 2017 GC by throwing a pic into double coverage with 8 seconds left.

• Bo has to prove that his shoulder is game ready. My assessment from watching his throws does not have me convinced, you can see his motion isn’t as fluid as it was a few years ago. I suspect it’s psychological, as most sports injuries are, so let’s hope he comes around. Same story for Collaros, and any QB for that matter, I.e. the good ones ALWAYS have to prove themselves. Red:
        If you ever played sports, which I doubt you did, you would understand this simple competitive concept.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 4:34 pm //

• Nice reply Red. It goes to show how little you actually know about football. Here is some advice, just watch the games and stay off the internet if all you are going to do if offer meaningless comments against the Riders. Whenever you hear something you don’t like about the Stamps you just give a childish one liner like “thank you Dr”. Let the real Stamps fans go about our business, you are not one of us.

• *wiener

• thethinman // May 21, 2018 at 4:08 pm //

That STILL all you got? No point responding to lame-ass trolls.

4. There’s no question Collaros is a franchise level QB. If I could choose from anyone in the league I’d have Collaros at #2 right behind Reilly.

I was a strong advocate for Regina acquiring him last season once he was inexplicably benched in Hamilton.

Had the Rider braintrust followed my advice and brought in Collaros to be the starter back then, the Riders would have definitely been in the Grey Cup.

Better late than never.

• Billinburlington // May 21, 2018 at 3:42 pm //

Collaros will do amazingly in sask.

As a Ticat fan I am of the opinion Collaros – and the entire offence for that matter- were poorly coached under Austin last year. Inexplicably they stopped running the ball- opposing teams blitzed the QB thereby wearing down the OL leaving Collaros running for his life.

June Jones reintroduced the run game that helped keep the opposing DL at bay. Unfortunately Collaros was not given an opportunity under the Jones offensive system.

5. Probably a good thing no one takes your advice….

6. MR. Green // May 21, 2018 at 3:32 pm //

The QB Outlook is a lot better than last season. With Bridge more experienced and Collaros back in a system where he flourished in Toronto the green&white will be better. Teams and defence will be better.
    I am very iterested in how the other QB’s will perform. Williams is ahead of the others, but at 28 how much leeway does BJ Daniel’s have from the team and for himself. He’s in a tough spot, signing late and game 1 already this weekend. Collaros and Bridge will get most of game 2 likely. Those 12 days between preseason games is a long stretch.

7. Just saying // May 21, 2018 at 3:33 pm //

Every single player has to prove himself every rep they take. Or someone is going to take their place. Unlike in cowtown where they are just happy to field a team.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 3:40 pm //

lol silly comment
      Yeah Calgary is just happy to field a team, they are always so bad!

• MR. Green // May 21, 2018 at 3:58 pm //

Maybe we should leave poor Red alone. Red has two parts of brain, ‘left’ and ‘right’. In the left side, there’s nothing right. In the right side, there’s nothing left

• thethinman // May 21, 2018 at 4:11 pm //

Takes half a brain to come up with that. Use your left side. It’ll come to you, Green.

• Git yer chores done skinny. Jebedia is a lookin fer ya and he ain’t happy. The cows ain’t serviced and yer cuzin is dirty.

• To be fair Red, my Stamps lost in the GC twice in a row and frankly we were gifted that one in Vancouver back when. So yes, the Stamps do need to do more than simply field a regular season champ. Competitive killer instinct when it counts is something my Stamps have not shown when it matters most, or they simply do when it’s too late.

8. Just saying // May 21, 2018 at 4:16 pm //

Yes my comment was silly but 100% of yours are also silly

9. Just saying // May 21, 2018 at 4:20 pm //

But I don’t have multiple personalities or ten different names.

10. Just saying // May 21, 2018 at 4:31 pm //

Thanks Harold for your honest opinion, you are a true stamps fan and this site could use more like you.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 4:39 pm //

I though I was Harold!
      You better talk to Yup. Someone is clearly confused

• You and you and you certainly are

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 5:05 pm //

Tell you what Yup
          Calgary’s second practice is 4:20. I’m going to swing by. Sometimes I get out sometimes I sit in my car and watch what I can see from my car (which isn’t much). Either way. If you wait at the top of the stairs at the south east end of the stadium , right beside the coaches facility that leads down to the players parking ,I will be driving by around 4:15. I’ll gladly stop and give a friendly hello.
          I’m thinking about going to Peter’s for a burger. If we hit it off I’d be more than happy to buy you dinner.
          Look for the Black Caddy. What do you say?

• Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 5:10 pm //

Yup, if you go for a burger with red, dont leave your food or drink unattended, or you could find yourself chained up in the basement with red’s fanboy “stampeder”.

• You watch from your car? Lol. How sad is that! And you still eat that garbage from Peter’s? My god Red….change your diet, it’s no wonder your personality is so up and down.

• Spookie – I will be the one in the blacked out suburban with the roll out lockers in the back.

• No problem Just Sayin. I enjoy the CFL and petty pretend fans like Red are a dime a dozen here in Calgary.

11. Riders34 // May 21, 2018 at 4:47 pm //

Some good/some bad from Collaros today at camp. Fortunately, more good then bad-that being ( from what I saw ) the only qb to throw picks today (2 of them ) /// now the good, great zip on the ball, and also great touch when needed threw a couple beauty bombs. LOTS of ball spot on in tight coverage;;; the kicker WOW he had a couple designed runs that were beauties !!! certainly Bridge like in nature. Speaking of Bridge, he had another excellent day at camp, less running and looks to have already improved his pocket awareness under Walshes watch already. BB seems to have added increqsed ability to put some touch in the ball esp arc for his longer passes!! like Zac today rainbowed a couple long balls into very tight coverage windows. ( only flaw was still over throwing high on some of the mid-range outs. williams and Daniels looked pretty good as well, currently Watford trails the pac , had a below average day today in comparison to the others.
    The recievers started slow in general but were Red Hot by end of the second session. receiving stars of the day Robbi Bag ( had an amazing day. looked l1ke he was 21 not 31. Speaking of old Receivers , dang CO2 had another very good day, guy looks fully healthy this year) . Young kid making his mark and turning heads is Jordan Williams -Lambert, new from mini camp this kid might be a baller—- looking forward to see what he can do in exhibitions, if he plays like he practices he is gonna push for a roster spot not just practice roster.
    Offensive line was ok, Travis Bond was in street clothes so maybe a vet day?? Darius Bladek is the REAL deal, kid is gonna be a star, has an it factor, was one of the nasty guys today, team mates already very tight with the kid. Zer also had a second day of looking good,( if Shepley fails to stick with the jets, sorry hater s but I think the riders will be just fine regarding young offensive linemen stock . On the negative JSJ still not ont he field (injured, pre camp)
    Linebackers were ok , the guy that stole the show position wise today ( IMO ) was Montcrief had several amazing plays esp in coverage , man is he fast for a bigger guy. Cam Judge again today had a ton of reps with the 1’s , Hurl looking more and more like we thought in destined to be a great back-up and special teamer .
    Running backs : again , looks like Messam has found the fountain of youth and is ona mission to make HUff and Dickenson look like fools , (in dickensons case that is not a HARD job to accomplish!!!!lol). Sheply again was import back of the day.
    D-backs, looked good started of BADLY IN 1ON 1 SKELLY but improved through the day. Best DB of the day , was ED Gainey (2picks ) several circus breakups. Butler as well had a very strong day , and new guy Jeremy Cutrer ( again a this years mini-camp find ) might be a find at corner. Sad to say but the disappointing DB of he day again was John Ojo, to the point of being a possible early cut didn’t look good at all so far.(IMO) Ohh almost forgot Marc Olivier-Brouilette also has looked good at safty , had a very nice pic today.
    D-line I don’t watch much so really no comment.
    Spirit //Fun and crowd engaging gusy of the day today :: Bladek, Gainey , Bagg and of course our favorite ( at times ) , Duron !!!!
    Again camp was a blast, good crowd , lots of great conversations and beautiful weather. Dont knw if I will be at camp tomorrow but will try to find Wednesday again. Cheers Rider and CFL fans.

• Fantastic 34. Very much appreciate. I heard Vaughn (correct spelling ?) was looking solid at left tackle ?? Thoughts…

• Riders34 // May 21, 2018 at 5:45 pm //

From what I saw Vaughn looked solid , but as ya all know going against Willy J and Hughes all day is a challenge , but in general for the most part he battled even them well. Again I am not an expert , not calling for him to be the next most outstanding lineman , but No Qb was running for his life in skelly due to the left tackle being pancaked, lol .

• Riders34 // May 21, 2018 at 5:52 pm //

Opps not to let the cat out of the bag , a lot of their running plays today were up the gut, in chatting with other fans watching it was felt we should kind of expect that kind of attack, point being coleman/bond on the right side of the line are 750 pounds of human being, lol that is a lot of oline volume to run behind , lol . PS messam looking better then expected catching swing passes out of backfield !!!! guess he got new hands in the offseason !!!

• Thanks for your input. It’s good to hear of work in progress. Although I’m a Rider fan,I try and watch as many games as I can. A lot of changes on a lot of teams, very excited for the season.

Cheers

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 5:14 pm //

If only day 2 of training camp against a bunch or rookies mimiced real game conditions. It’s easy to play QB wearing the blue Jersey so you don’t get hit.

• Red, the Stamps are doing the exact same thing on day 2 and so is every other team. That said, I saw some fatigue both yesterday and today and not a lot of tempo. Try to be honest once in awhile would you? My Stamps are very much a work in progress this year, and frankly the culture needs a major change.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 5:36 pm //

Well Harold, had you been there this morning you would know they had a light practice with no pads, more of a walk through style practice. How could there be fatigue?
          Nice try

• That’s what I was wondering as well Red. Perhaps if you didn’t watch from your car you could see things a little closer, but oh well.

• Riders34 // May 21, 2018 at 5:58 pm //

thanks for your comments Harold, great stamp fans commenting with a balanced point of view. It has been quite warm here in Saskatoon and a few of the Riders have been cramping up near the end of the day as well. Probably just a case of some guys not hydrating properly before practice or just going balls to the wall, in tough competition : lets hope for the best for all teams coming out of the gate and a very competitive season !!!!

• Riders34 // May 21, 2018 at 5:54 pm //

Gonna be sad to see your pathetic excuses come 3 weeks from now should the Riders POUND boys at mosaic.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 6:02 pm //

3 weeks from now?
          You mean the preseason?????
          Who cares. Lets worry about July 28

• Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 5:14 pm //

Nice update 34, thanks for the report.

• True green // May 21, 2018 at 11:28 pm //

Much appreciated report Rider34

12. Quinton R. // May 21, 2018 at 5:15 pm //

Someone get the plates on the black caddie and post it here, we will let the rest take care of itself…..lol.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 5:23 pm //

There is no need for those kind of threats. I’ve never threatened anyone and hardly think I warrant anyones threats.

• Quinton R. // May 21, 2018 at 5:26 pm //

And there is no need for 99.9% of your time on Riders threads or any of your comments. Can’t take the heat Red then get out of our kitchen.

• Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 9:31 pm //

You threatened to poison me red. With mercury. You even admitted and appologized for the threat.

13. Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 5:17 pm //

I’m just giving Yup the opportunity to meet me. He claims I’m full of shit, live in Mom’s basement, just letting him see I’m a real guy and am who I say I am.
    Just a friendly meeting, no hostilities no BS.

• Correction…I know you’re full of shit.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 5:28 pm //

Nope I’ll be there.

• Riders34 // May 21, 2018 at 6:10 pm //

Sad!!!! begging for real life human contact!!!! Why in the hell would anybody invest 5 seconds of their lives in the real physical world to meet ya based on 90% of the comments ya post on this web sight especially directed at Rider fans!!!!
          Man its true your a sad pathetic basement dwelling little troll, devoid of human socialization skills ==== don know whether continue to continue to laugh hysterically at your lack of intelligence/social competency — or truly pity how humanly pathetic ya are!!! opps my bad I fed the troll but YIKES what a insane comment IT made. thinking people actually want to meet IT.

14. You are who you say you are? You have a zillion handles pal so your statement is moot.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 5:22 pm //

Not true. But either way come meet the real me.

• In all seriousness manyhandles. Probably not the best idea to announce where you will be at any given time. If you haven’t caught on by now, there are a few people on here that aren’t huge fans of your commentary.

I not a fan of your annoying crap, but certainly don’t wish any harm on you. May be hard to believe, but there are people out there even more batshit crazy than you are.

Just some food for thought. Maybe take mom’s car and enjoy the practice.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 5:51 pm //

I’m sure there are crazies out there, but I doubt any are on this sight. I believe people are generally good

• Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 7:31 pm //

Why should anyone believe you? You’re a proven no integrity liar.

15. Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 5:27 pm //

At Yup
    Fine I will look for the guy with the blacked out suburban.

16. Colour me green // May 21, 2018 at 5:33 pm //

Waiting for a stamps breakdown on the players at thier training camp by Mr Red. The football IQ will be interesting to see

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 5:38 pm //

Not much to break down. No pads this morning.
      Bo’s throwing very well.

• I would disagree. As mentioned above I don’t think Bo’s shoulder is 100% but that’s what camp and preseason is for and he should be in game shape by July 16th.

• Wideout // May 21, 2018 at 8:29 pm //

Thought all practices are no pads now. Part of the changes made last year for safety.

17. Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 5:41 pm //

So am I gonna see you Yup?

18. Just saying // May 21, 2018 at 5:42 pm //

Red you sound very insecure about yourself.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 5:49 pm //

insecure?
      I’m willing to meet someone off of here who tells me I’m full of shit. I’m ready to expose myself (so to speak) to show I’m not.

19. Just saying // May 21, 2018 at 5:44 pm //

Is that what you seen from your car lol

20. RED: this isn’t a dating site. Quit asking guys out for dinner. Try Grindr for your lifestyle and keep this about football. PS: peter’s drive in is as cheap a date as it comes! No wonder you are single LOL

21. TNX riders 34…finally, actual football talk, which didn’t include the kicking game, as in kicking the other posters in the groin. However, green, that right side/left side brain was the best “belly-laugher” ever!
    And now that football season is officially under way, can all the sniping trollers just SHUT UP!
    Can all of the antagonists on here agree to most, if not all, of the following? And then, put a rag in it.
    Calgary has a good team, but won’t be as strong this year. Sask. has a good team, and will be better.
    BO is a good QB, with, perhaps, declining skills due to that injury…if it comes around he will be back in form.
    Collaros WAS a good QB…IF he comes back from his injury, in new surroundings, he could be an all-star again, but the jury is still out. He will need to prove it on the field. Duron Carter is an amazing talent. However, he is a man trapped in a kid’s body.
    Yes, he is having fun…when, and if, he decides to get grow up, past his “teen years” he will be awesome. If that happens, he won’t play in CFL, because big $$ will be available in the excited states. But, see above, he would need to put in full-time, focused, work days down there, not fun days. His charges up here will, pretty much. fizzle away. Every team in this league would be glad to have a talent like Carter, if he got his head out of his a$$, and grew up. BTW, he is good with the fans, and livens up a dour league, who chooses to pass up opportunities to get media coverage.
    And last, but not least, MANY of the capable players, especially veterans, who drift north, are here for a reason. If they didn’t have baggage, they wouldn’t be here. Furthermore, some people deserve second chances IF THEY EARN it…some don’t, depending on how egregious their crimes were.
    There are a number of feel-good reclamation stories…unfortunately, there are substantially more stories rife with recidivism, and blights on society.
    So, PLEASE, CUT THE CRAP, about who has, or had, more bad actors. All teams have had their share.
    So…LET THE FOOTBALL TALK ROLL….AND STOP THE CRAP!

22. Just saying // May 21, 2018 at 6:35 pm //

When a person feels they need to prove something it lends to being insecure. Do you feel a need to meet with yup? And would this be to show him what you call the real you? It’s 100% insecurity. Please send your check by mail.

23. Nik Lewis coaching in Riders camp! Never thought I’d see the day but here we are and good for Nik. Welcome to Rider Nation!

• Not sure it’s a paid thing is it ??

• I doubt it Yup. He’s probably just banking the experience. On the Rider app is where I read about it. Strange seeing him in Riders gear! He said he called Jonesy up and it was a done deal. Good on Jones!

• I agree. One way or the other, a little extra help from an old vet can’t hurt.

24. Hi everyone, I was away all afternoon at Me Red’s “Dad’s” place fixing the deck Jerry screwed up yesterday.

25. mr red, could you tell us all when you played football and with who,so we can know your experience as a qualified football analyist, then maybe some people on here will believe what you say. cmon do it.

26. Had a good laugh at the request for a “credentials” check.

It’s football not rocket science, my friends – – we’re not splitting the atom, we’re not funding a cure for cancer.

Not that difficult to see which players have some game and which players don’t. Or which coaches/GMs know what they’re doing and which ones don’t have the slightest clue.