Duron Carter wishes everyone ‘happy holidays’ on 4/20

In Duron Carter’s world, 4/20 is a holiday.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders receiver took to Twitter on Friday morning – April 20 – to offer positive vibes to his followers.

For those not fully up to date on their marijuana culture, 4/20 is a slang term that refers to the consumption of cannabis, especially smoking weed around the time 4:20 p.m. April 20 – fourth month, twentieth day 0r 4/20 – has become a day of celebration and, in some cases, protest in support of legalization.

Carter, it’s fair to say, is familiar with marijuana culture. He is a currently facing two possession charges from incidents at airports in Winnipeg and Regina this winter. The Manitoba charge may or may not involve pot cookies.

While Carter is likely to face the usual backlash for offering a little wink to 4/20 while facing criminal charges, it’s another example of why he continues to be one of the most compelling characters in the CFL. May your day be filled with random thoughts of nothingness too Duron.

Enjoy 4/20, dude.

227 Comments on Duron Carter wishes everyone ‘happy holidays’ on 4/20

1. Just speaks to his incredible immaturity and complete disassociation with real life.

• DunksThrowingArm // April 20, 2018 at 10:32 am //

And you point this out because you’re a generous caring person who wants the best for Carter – not because you’re a basement troll denigrating anyone who you feel isn’t up to your standards?

• Right doofus. I walked right by one of your beloved stamps yesterday coming out his door, hauling on a joint. I’m not a fan of marijuana but as long as I don’t have to smell that stench, it had ZERO affect on my day.

And you speak as if you know what real life is about, sitting in a dark room with your Rider shrine back lit with candles. Fingers orange with cheeto dust and mini pudding strewn about.

• Yup
        Did that player you see tweet out about it?????
        This is not and issue of smoking pot, it’s an issue of publicly endorsing behavior that’s self indulgent, arguably irresponsible and dangerous.

• WHOOOOOOOOOO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!

• EXACTLY!!! WHO CARES!!?? the only people that do are the haters and the old timers that believe there is still cocaine in coke and toothache drops.

• So you are ok with pro athletes, the same one’s who are pinned up on you children’s wall, promoting self indulgent behavior?

• I’d have absolutely no problems what so ever. Besides the whole weed thing, Whats he truly guilty of? Visiting sick children in the hospital and getting them to rider games(giving them touchdown balls). Doing Charity work around the province. Mingling with fans(even when they aren’t in Saskatchewan). Getting fans from the states to watch games. Id rather have him on the kids wall than a lot these players.. Mr. Finch comes to mind.

• UMMMMMMM…Did you hear about the little aged birdie recently?
          People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones there sparky.

• sorry Yup ,ca’t figure out your post. You saw a Stamp smoking, but you talk about Riders. In case you didn’t know a Rider fan and a Stamps fan are not to like to have each others team memorabilia

• grumblingaboutgreen // April 20, 2018 at 11:34 am //

NOT a good LOOK given the mans current LEGAL situation! no doubt JONES will be FACEPALMING again at the blatant FAILURE of his efforts to REHABILITATE a player he took under his WING but who proves TIME and time AGAIN that he has NO intentions of CHANGING his WAYS. every ONE step FORWARD that gives the public HOPE is followed by TWO steps BACK to DASH that hope! but i SUPPOSE its to be EXPECTED from a player like that. why ELSE would he be EMPLOYED by a team whose main point of PRIDE is the high attendance by those who lack BETTER options for ENTERTAINMENT? organisations with CLASS derive their pride from EXCELLENCE on the field of PLAY but there has been PRECIOUS little of that in riderhole the past few YEARS! so INSTEAD they CONVINCE themselves to be PROUD of their ONLY value which is ENTERTAINMENT VALUE. its not SURPRISING that this leads to being OVERRUN by a bunch of CLOWNS wearing green!

• Oh GREAT. ANd JuSt wheN you THouGhT it couldn’t GET anY WOrsE. KEYboarD tourettes IS bAcK.

• grumblingaboutgreen // April 20, 2018 at 11:42 am //

WHO are you KIDDING yup? in riderhole it is ALWAYS getting worse.

• Lol still pulling profits in every year with the highest attendance, have a brand new stadium… was a play away from the Grey cup last year, plus are major contenders this year. Lets not forget the best CFL fans coast to coast. We sure are getting worse… Hahaha Spare me your dribble grumbling.

• Well THAT made a lot of sense. Carry on as if you knew what you were doing K T.

• Blue rules // April 21, 2018 at 9:39 am //

Good reply YUP!!…..Great reply grumbling !!!!
          Point goes to grumbling
          1 – nil

• Oh god I read the first 4 words of grumblings hate filled post and just stopped. I instantly started to get a head ache. Not even a super computer can decipher this abomination.

• Gainer Jr // April 20, 2018 at 11:49 am //

What’s with YELLING only a couple of words every sentence?? I typed out those YELLING words thinking there might be a hidden message…but nope. You have me so confused. Is this Mr red?? Are you sitting in your moms basement with a tin foil hat on. That typing is really hard to look at high right now hahahahahaha

• True Green // April 20, 2018 at 2:06 pm //

I can’t read your comment. Just type normal dude.

• Hahaha A LOT of seniors smoke pot. Are they also immature? Once again you make yourself and your fan base look out of touch with the real world.

• It’s not about smoking pot, it’s the fact that he was caught at the airport by customs agent with an amount that is considered over the amount for personal use and he would be considered a “dealer”
        He’s not taking it very seriously.

• Huff's Neighbor // April 20, 2018 at 1:19 pm //

He’s 25 … give is a rest hater.

• True Green // April 20, 2018 at 2:07 pm //

I thought someone hacked your handle and was posting about you.

2. Gainer Jr // April 20, 2018 at 10:13 am //

hahaha hilarious HAPPY 4/20 EVERYONE (even you Mr red) have the day off and going to be indulging in some Scooby snacks. Stay safe & Is It June Yet?? (more specifically May 27 for my boys in green)

3. Duron is DEFINITELY OUT THERE IN LALA LAND in more ways than one.

4. Lol Duron is awesome. Don’t worry about all the prudes out there. It’s 2018 not the 1950’s. Weed is not taboo anymore. Happy 4/20 to everyone! Including Little baby Red.

• I think you missed the point. It’s not about being a prude or that we disagree with with weed.
      He was caught by customs agents at the airport with an amount over the limit of personal use – he was charged with being a dealer.
      Whether I agree with weed or other posters isn’t the point. He won’t be in the Riders line up because he will be charged with being a dealer. If he had just enough for personal use then no problem, it’s the fact that he is considered a dealer and that is against our laws.

• Why are you using my handle bro?
        The real JC says no big deal. DC is a fun guy….tweaking all the trolls as he takes a toke on his holiday bong….or was it a cookie?

5. Geez – Carter !

6. The spam bot police are doing dope. They won’t or can’t accept my correct answer…maybe because the math has escalated to about grade 4…but I digress.
    DC is definitely a talent, with a big heart, who loves kids, and wants to help out in the community. (possibly because he is a big kid himself, trapped in an adult body, and resists growing up)
    Unfortunately, his thought processing ability isn’t of the same size, possibly due to years of altering by consumption of weed products. (He is not stupid…he just can’t, or won’t, connect the dots.) Whatever statement a person wants to make, it defies belief that a person facing charges would not just keep a low profile until the smoke clears. (pun intended)

7. darockwilder // April 20, 2018 at 10:42 am //

I wonder if Roy Finch is planning to offer a similar sentiment?

• He would.. Except he probably can’t see out of that eye or his hand might be too sore to type because of that swing he took at the cops.

8. Duron’s head is always filled with random thoughts of nothingness. Apparently that state is very popular these days. Pity. Apparently a lot of you would be happy with a league full of potheads and empty heads. And you can excuse it all by calling the rest of us prudes. I prefer the players with the clear, intense, thinking mind.

• I stand by my choice of words. You sir are the definition of prude. News flash! A ton of athletes do it. They’ve been doing it for more years than people would like to imagine. The only people that believe if you smoke weed they are instantly “potheads” or “empty heads” are people that are uneducated on the subject. The sad part is there are more intellectuals aka Doctors, Lawyers, Scientists, etc that use. Good job trying to sound smart Take it. Major fail on your part. You are probably some 60 year old church goer that thinks drinking is better.

• well, ‘take it’….the problem is (your preferences, and mine, not withstanding): the CFL, or any football league, is already rife with users. Some of it goes back to the players’ roots, some of it is to ease the pain, which is a product of the game, some of it is lifestyle…but let’s not be so naive to think that only the ones who get caught are using.

9. My lord. How you all miss the point!
    This has nothing to do with Carter’s (or anyone’s) choice to smoke pot. The argument that it will be legal this summer bears no relevance. Alcohol is legal, how would you feel if a high profile athlete like Carter, who is idolized by your children tweeted ” Happy St Patrick’s day everyone, I’m going to sit down with this 26 ouncer of JD at get get inebriated to the point point I can’t walk.”
    It’s just a bad message promoting self indulgence and arguably dangerous behavior.

• I’d actually have to say YOUR point is mute little red. Saying that Alcohol is better because its legal is just a dumb retort. Painkillers are legal, are they good for you? Smoking is legal, judging by YOUR point that its okay to smoke then. Please do explain.
      Why does it matter that he tweets anything regarding 4/20? He is literally harming no one. Maybe you should indulge in more of your meds to calm yourself down.
      You sir are just a salty old prude that needs to start living out his life more. That stale basement is starting to effect your thought process. Nice try on the trolling. Some day you will get it.

• speaking of dumb retorts….the word is moot, not mute, which, among other things, refers to a person who is unable to speak.

• Oh no!!! Don’t please don’t correct me Mr. English teacher! I made a boo boo. Did you get that definition from the dictionary. Lol Just another keyboard warrior thinking they are tougher and smarter than everyone else.

• Well he’s right Rob and if you want to tell others they should be more informed and make then feel stupid, you want to make sure you don’t sound like a buffoon while calling someone else one. It s not just a “booboo”. If you know what Mute means, as posed to Moot, what you said makes no sense, not just a simple booboo.

As I said earlier, people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

• when did I say alcohol is better because it’s legal?

• you are so tone deaf!

• You’re right – he should be a more stand up citizen like Roy Finch. Actually….he wasn’t doing too much standing that I saw.

10. Sometimes you think it but you know that you just should not say it. For Carter is was one of those moments.

11. So, ROBE…I have a question for you.
    You need an operation…let us just say, heart bypass.
    You have your choice of surgeons. Would you pick the surgeon who you know is doing pot…or, the surgeon who does not use? Be honest!

• Good question!
      RobE, you have the floor

• As far as I’m concerned he studied and received his doctorate degree, which let me remind you people is no easy task(nobody in the forum could accomplish this feat). Oh! if he is doing a heart bypass meaning he actually had to branch off into that specific field after the fact(which requires more schooling, aka becoming a specialist). So to answer your question is yes I would have total confidence that he is completely qualified to do the job and will get the job done without a hitch. Open up the chest and get it done. This is my honest opinion. Let’s not forget most of these professionals don’t do it before or during work. It a way for them to unwind afterwards. Man you people are a special bunch.

• No RobE, this hypothetical Dr would not have received a Doctorate Degree, he would have received a medical Degree. The is a difference.
          Let me expand on that question RobE, what if the Dr operating on you tweeted out the morning of your operation; “Happy holidays! May your day be filled with random thoughts of nothingness”

• Again why does it matter? The guy received his Degree and is well qualified and established in the medical field.

• Gainer Jr // April 20, 2018 at 11:22 am //

Honestly DAKAZ, smoking pot would not be a question I ask…who has the better average of people not dying on their surgeon table would be the question I ask. If the guy who smokes wins in that regard, that’s who I go with. DAKAZ…I am guessing you have never tried cannabis before, what do you really think it does to a person. I have been high and out in public (with a DD of course) and not a single person knew that I was high. I would trust someone who has used cannabis 100% more than someone who has used alcohol.

• so what!
        If I have a few beers and go into public, no one will be able to tell I’ve been drinking either! But if I drink 6 or more they probably will. Same with Pot, if you smoke an excessive amount people WILL TOTALLY be able to tell.

• Oh and you know this how exactly little red? Since you don’t do it and preach its the devils lettuce and you’re going to hell if you do it. You’ve never experienced it. Except for maybe watching cheech and chong movies. That’s not reality for most people, that’s the small percentage. Keep on drinking your liver into the black abyss, eventually it will match your heart.

• Actually RobE, From my early to mid 20’s, I smoked it everyday! Then I realized it wasn’t doing a thing for me and quit.

• Gainer Jr // April 20, 2018 at 12:00 pm //

Mr red here’s some knowledge, a colleague of mine was on permanent disability for over 8 years. It wasn’t until he started using cannabis that his problems started to dissipate (not disappear) but he is able to function in society on a somewhat normal basis. This stuff you knock so hard is helping people get their lives back. I am thinking your new handle grumblingaboutgreen should take some cannabis for the tourettes he appears to have up above

• Good thing you don’t go out in public without your handler.

• That’s great for your friend Gainer. I know pot is prescribed for people with pain and it should be if it works, and generally if you choose smoke it, that is your decision and business. But there is no place for pro athletes to promote the smoking of it, just like there’s no place for pro athletes to promote cigarettes, alcohol and eating Doritos everyday for dinner. Carter in particular should steer clear of this, and with the comment ” random thoughts of nothingness” he’s certainly not discussing the benefits of pain relief. He is promoting inebriation.

• The funny part is no one would pay attention to it except for 3downnation the Rider news page.

• Si1ver Fox // April 20, 2018 at 1:23 pm //

DAKAZ, equally unrelated question to you.
      You are a record producer. Do you choose to represent the band that dabbles in drugs or the sober one? Be honest!

12. Gainer Jr // April 20, 2018 at 11:17 am //

Martellus Bennett was quoted saying 89% of players in the NFL use cannabis. If you think it’s any different in the CFL (or all of Canada for that matter) you are in complete denial. It’s not like Carter said he’s going to smoke a lb. driving around in his car outside an apartment complex, then assault and run from the cops in his tweet haha. But I digress, you sit on your high horse with brain damaging alcohol and watch the rest of us use a medical product that is good for the body and mind.

13. I’d like to touch on something grumblingaboutgreen mentions above.
    If you were facing 2 charges for bringing pot across the border and you were still facing the scrutiny of the court, would you say what Duron said in one of the 2 biggest public forums on Earth? You can argue both charges are going be thrown out, and they very well could, but anyone with a sliver of common sense would steer clear of pot promotion until this was all well in the rear view mirror!
    AND THAT is the crux of the issue!

• Gainer Jr // April 20, 2018 at 2:20 pm //

You can’t touch on something that you yourself mentioned above. Get a grip man. Have you been indulging in my Scooby snacks?? Damn are they ever delicious eh?

14. Robe, you never answered the question, so let us ask it in a different way: you see your surgeon toking up in his car, in the parking lot, as you arrive at the hospital for surgery. And, you are given a choice of surgeons…now, who do you choose?
    And BTW, all of you who think that MJ is completely harmless…do some research. There are ample medical articles/studies which do not support same.

• DAKAZ actually if you read my statement and let me quote it for you, since you’re not that quick. “So to answer your question is yes I would have total confidence that he is completely qualified to do the job and will get the job done without a hitch. Open up the chest and get it done.” but since you asked me a question about these doctors, how would we know which one of them smokes weed? I guarantee you are not going to be able to smell it on them or tell which one uses. Again if you actually read my comments, almost all professionals use after the fact to help themselves unwind.

Since you didn’t read my answer.. let me ask you, where did you read anyone on this forum say it was completely harmless. Putting words in peoples mouths can just show how much of a troll you are.. that only reads what they choose.

• Conjecture indeed! Cite your source evidence to prove that “almost all professionals use after the fact to help themselves unwind.” And, YOU are the one to shout out about putting words in peoples mouths…and reading only what they choose.
        You must be less than quick, as Gainer stated it is “good for body and mind”…and if you are capable of comprehending my last post, it speaks to that stupid statement, and, by extension to your stupid statement.

• Good for the body and mind… Hmm that screams its harmless eh? not exactly seeing that. Depending on the situation.. if they are sick with cancer or any other major medical issues, It very well could help them heal or prevent it from getting worse aka good for the body, and giving them the piece of mind that they are getting better and helping them. I think that’s what he’s saying, not some miscued “its harmless” remark that you keep bringing up. Just you seeing what you want to see again.
          It sure seems you take some major exception with the fact that people use marijuana. Does it affect your life that drastically?

Also to answer your question about the whole almost all professionals use it to unwind. Okay, let me ask you a question. How would you know? How many have you ever met? I’ll have to say slim to none, because they hide the fact they do.

NEXT IN LINE!

15. If you want to talk about out of touch and immature look no further than Finch. Enough said!

16. Mr Rouge destroyed your 20s with pot and are now a keyboard loser who trashed the CFL. Congratulations ya bum!

17. oh….and I forgot to mention….aside from the brain altering aspect, how is ANY KIND OF SMOKING good for the “body and mind?” Or, are you one of the naysayers who claim that smoking isn’t harmful….citing some old dude who smoked 2 packs a day until he died at age 90…conveniently neglecting to mention: with COPD, towing his oxygen tank with him.

18. Duron reminds me of that bratty neighborhood kid who just keeps pushing your buttons until you just smack him one !

19. Deiter, good observation. But, look at the upside. That is probably what made him so fast and elusive…running from neighbourhood kids who wanted to smack him. LOL!

20. ie. After replying to BLM’s taunt, DC picked that pass, and juked his way to the endzone with 12 guys, including BLM, who wanted to smack him, and eluding about half of them who had a shot at him.

21. OK, DAKAZ, slap yourself…poor sentence structure…should have written: “and eluded about half….” must have been writing to fast!

• As long as you don’t type like you have tourettes, nobody cares…. Let’s not forget.. It’s a CFL football page. Not an essay you are handing in to your university professor.

Them not tackling him just goes to show the attitude the stumps had last year, same as in the grey cup. Just give up on the play.

• I agree on that one, Robe.
        I don’t know if Cgy. gave up, but it sure was funny to see BLM’s arrogance come back to bite him in the A$$.
        And, yes…I know that nobody cares…but I cringe at the thought of all those students going through school, and learning/retaining very little. Two university Eng. profs that I knew were clones…both condescending knobs, but sticklers for accuracy. It always amazes me that foreigners who learned English in secondary, or post-secondary schools, as a second language, generally use better grammar and diction than Canucks. Our school system is a colossal failure!
        Sorry for the non-football editorial, but late in life, when a person’s “pet” pursuit is shared by so few, it doesn’t seem right to just give up.
        BTW…you have no idea how right you are in your opening statement about this being a football page. My very first real job (hourly wage) was as sportswriter, paying my way, while going to school. And after writing my first story, my editor took me aside and said something similar, like this is a sports page, so don’t worry about using the King’s English; jazz it up because your readers aren’t English scholars. Then he proceeded to edit, and butcher my English, and, henceforth, kicking and screaming, I had to follow suit.

• CFL site makes it OK to communicate like a buffoon? Either ones knows the language or they don’t. They don’t turn it off and on depending on whether they are writing an essay or not.
        Yes, it is a sport site but what’s the point in spouting off if no one understands you?

22. Green&Gold // April 20, 2018 at 1:08 pm //

Totally amazing how some people are so serious here. Get a sense of humour.

23. [email protected]…what a bunch of internet trolls…big and mighty typed words behind of keys of their smartphone and keyboards..Jesus people, get a life.

24. cough cough,, whoa man,,,,I’m I ever baked,,,,, when does tarining camp start??? wha you say?????? may 20 say say??……………………………………………..when does training camp start,,,,,,wha????? You told me already???? when????………………………………….Dude we should get a pizza…
    Fort Lauderdale Florida, 1 month from training camp

• Riders23 // April 20, 2018 at 5:56 pm //

just as long s he shows up MID season and returns ANOTHER BLM pass for a TD I think Rider nation would be good with that , lol.

• LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
        THANK YOU!!!!!
        Yes I completely agree with you. I’ve said this exact thing all along! As long as he shows up Mid season and return another Bo pass for a TD ridernation would be good with that. Any poor behavior on or off the field will be treated with a blind eye!

25. Take this // April 20, 2018 at 2:22 pm //

Check out the science. If you use marijuana on a regular basis from the age of 25 and under, you multiply your odds of having psychotic illnesses by five to seven times. You can be subject to hallucinations and illusions of grandeur. One of those illnesses is schizophrenia. Check out the case of the lawyer who attacked a group of Spanish speaking immigrants because he thought they were aliens that were coming to get him. He got off in court because he is suffering from marijuana induced psychosis. Don’t try to convince anyone that marijuana is good for you. I can understand using marijuana to control unbearable pain. If you want to use marijuana or use alcohol or whatever, knock yourself out. I don’t care. I am not a prude. I use alcohol but I will never try to convince anyone that it is good for you. Duron should not be encouraged. The term “dope” did not come to be because it makes anyone look smarter. And Duron already has illusions of grandeur.

• Might explain reds irrational behaviour

• Lol… Or the guy already had a mental illness from when he was born(crazy how that works) and used weed as his excuse for his actions. The funny part is criminals/defense attorney will do whatever to takes to get them out. You ever see forensic files episode? I’ve been smoking since I was 15, besides a possible case of ADHD, which I never went and got checked for. I’ve never had any of these so called side effects. My girlfriend uses it because it helps he sleep at night, because of anxiety.

How many cases have there been for Alcohol related deaths? Because they were either smashes drunk doing something they normally not do, or drive drunk? Id say there is more health benefits for marijuana, than just abusing your body by putting poison(aka liquor) in their bodies.
      Take this – actually the term dope has a description of a “thick liquid”, what you a thinking of is just slang word. Which has no bearing whatsoever. You watched that’s 70’s show? Red Foreman used that term as well. He was also an old guy that drank alcohol.

• Good comment. I wonder if some of Duron’s past indiscretions come from this? Fights with teammates at practice, fights with teammates during games, knocking over Rick Campbell. Don’t forget, someone once called him “The worst teammate they’ve ever had”

• Or how about using/dealing cocaine and driving dangerously..? or how about resisting arrest and taking a swing at cops? or getting caught using adderal and then using the excuse that its medical?

Funny I haven’t heard anyone from the Rider talk badly about him, actually quite the opposite. I’ve talked to a few and they love having him in the locker room. Just more blind dribble coming from your mouth.

• He was called the worst teammate ever after Montreal cut him.
          Of course you are not going to hear about it with his current teammates, but rest assured there are many that don’t like him.
          Think about it; He is given special daily access to the boss that no other player has, all because he is a screw up. We have all been in groups where similar things occur, how do people usually talk about that person off the record?
          ……does the term “teacher’s pet” come to mind?

• Riders23 // April 20, 2018 at 3:32 pm //

teachers pet like in BO PEEP ???????? I SO want to add to this comment but if lying with PIGS one comes up covered in DIRT !!! I choose the high road MR. Annoying white noise !!!!!

• dribble

• RobE and rider23 are one in the same.

• Riders23 // April 20, 2018 at 4:32 pm //

Sorry fool , You are the only sick and twisted mentally unstable individual that posts on this blog feeling the need for multiple personalities so he can feel somewhat mentally stable in agreeing with his own nonsense. Ironic you find someone like Carter immature, as 90% of your posts consist of ‘Nannahh Nannah Boo Boo -I’m smarter better your are stupids ‘ childish finger pointing behavior. Seriously Sir , you would fit in well socially with some of my insecure K-5 ( kindergarten age 5 ) physical education students . BASED on much of what you post on this web sight and frankly making that comparison is kind of doing a disservice to the behavior of those 5 year olds.

• Sorry to disappoint little red express. I’m the one and only. I also don’t have to hide my true name or behind a handle(s).. Unlike yourself. You could even find me on Facebook if you really wanted to spend some time searching. I’ll take Carter as screw up as opposed to your felon Finch. Just saying.

• ah, finally, someone who has done research. My research shows the same thing. It isn’t hard to find same.

26. What a character Duron is. In Dueon’s world, everything is “up in smoke” today…LOL.

27. Scottsask // April 20, 2018 at 2:47 pm //

As a 21 year member of the emergency services, I can tell you that I would rather deal with someone that has taken the goofy grass rather than someone drunk off their ass.

• The effects of excessive use are different with alcohol Vs. pot, but that doesn’t make 1 better than the other

28. Scottsask // April 20, 2018 at 3:02 pm //

Well in my experience it does. One makes you dangerous the other makes you unmotivated. Neither option is a great way to live your life.

29. Scottsask // April 20, 2018 at 3:04 pm //

If taken in excessive quantities I should add. You CAN take both substances and still be a responsible adult, but that falls squarely on the user.

• Creates a whole new soup sandwich for first responders. Sadly, now potential is there for incidents involving subjects being impaired by both substances.

30. That I would agree with

31. Riders23 // April 20, 2018 at 3:11 pm //

Interesting , has said actually mothing in his post about supporting or not supporting POT, if taken at its word the post just wished folks a good holiday and a Day of relaxed nothingness which is the POINT of a HOLIDAY or day off !!! AS its FRIDAY many he was just addressing those that work a 4 day week a NICE extend long weekend!!! But the Garbage Staff writer included ,have decided to twist his post to suit their purposes, and for those that strongly dislike Carter and the Riders they use it to take another vile shot at something they dislike , all the while those SAME individuals CRY like someone was sticking bamboo shoots under their finger nails when others take SHOTS at their beloved team/players retaliation for their NON STOP derogatory comments focused on another organization!!!!! PERHAPS IF those individuals want their team and franchise LEFT alone they should keep their comments to themselves and focused on their teams !!!! Duron has the right to do as he pleases as long as NO ONE suffers from his actions , he has accepted the consequences of breaking a legal statue in Canada in a calm and peaceful manner unlike other INDIVIUALS that have charges related tot he same issue. But I guess Carters calm and mature demeanor regargding those issues only serves to futher cause the HATERS to HATE him even more !!!!! Sounds like kina a smart guy to me, live your life within the law– face the consequences of what you personally might feel to be a unjust law in a given geographical area .. For the information of SOME you do realize a portion of the individual states in the USA, countries in Europe have already decriminalized MJ to a certain extent thus the impetus in Canada to change our federal law. Personally I don’t imbue in MJ , I have closely watched the arguments pro and con and quite frankly I cant say what point of view has the better case. That to me , leaves the MJ to personal choice and really doesn’t give me the RIGTH to JUDGE others on WHAT THIER choice regarding the matter is barring their choice causing pain /injury or suffering to others.

• Riders23 – the voice of reason has spoken. Cheers!!

• greenenvy? // April 20, 2018 at 3:36 pm //

It is what it is – Duron needs to be in the headlines. So he picked this date to wish everyone a nice holiday, nothing else. Riiighht. Look, the boy needs to grow up. Once MJ is legalized I am sure Carter will be at the front of the line with a joint in his hand so everyone can see. There are people who quietly partake & don’t make a big deal of it. Unfortunately when you see “advocates” with signs in front of the legislature, the spokes people are generally exactly what you think they’d look like. (Take note, Justin, I didn’t say spokesmen). We all know you smoke, Duron. Take a long look in the mirror & repeat after me – “I’m not 17 any more. I won’t need to be babysat by Mr. Jones any more this season”. Do something useful in your off season. Bible, baby, that’s adulting.

• Gainer Jr // April 20, 2018 at 4:02 pm //

Yea Duron sent that tweet out knowing 3DN was going to make it front page news. You don’t have to follow him on twitter, instagram, facebook…and you don’t have to open up these stories about him. Just do what everyone here should do to MPD…ignore him!! But you can’t cause you have so much hate, you need to bash everyone who is a Rider. Scooby snacks help take away all the hate and replaces it with love man. Groovy

• greenenvy? // April 20, 2018 at 7:43 pm //

I don’t do twitter etc etc etc but you’re the salty one Gopher. Leave the room & find your sense of humor & get back to me – or, better yet, NOT.

• Yeah, I’s sure the happy holiday reference was referring to his Friday off and long weekend! “may you day be filled of random thoughts of nothingness” – I say that to all my friends before they leave for vacation !!! In Fact I think it’s carnival cruises new slogan!-
      rider23/RobE
      You start off defending Carter as doing nothing wrong, now you’re claiming that we are misunderstanding the reference of his comments.
      Come on man!!!!!

• Again I’m not rider23. I have the balls to leave my name on here. Unlike yourself whatever name you want to go by at the time. Oh course I’m going to defend him. He’s a hell of a player and hell of a guy. Just a 4/20 reference. Many people celebrate it. Your useless hate is unneeded.
        As Chief Wiggum says, “there is nothing to see here folks”

• You are even so daft yhst you can’t even not the writing style differences between the Rob and 23. On the other hand, your multiple handles are as transparent as McMahon stadium is old. Keep reaching though.

• riders23…what statue did Carter break? was it George Reed’s? or some former PMs? I never heard about that. Or did you “imbue in MJ” to excess? REALLY? GROAN!
      Unlikely that DC will ever get his own statue.

32. Scottsask // April 20, 2018 at 3:11 pm //

Well now we’re getting somewhere, have a great weekend.

33. Bombs Away // April 20, 2018 at 4:07 pm //

Duron suffers from COAD or center of attention disorder. Hard to cure so give the guy a break.

• lol you are right Bombs Away,,, the treatment is an entire province telling you how great you are

• Gainer Jr // April 20, 2018 at 4:32 pm //

Im sure Mr red has 250 different twitter handles that follows Mr Carter telling him how horrible he is. So it kinda evens out. The guy sends one tweet and to you, he’s looking to be the center of the universe. SMFH. Again, I’ll share my Scooby snacks if that will help you chill out and have random thoughts of nothingness 🙂

• Riders23 // April 20, 2018 at 4:43 pm //

Again as YOU have been TOLD before by another poster ‘Amazing your the product of the sperm that won the race!!!!! –geees!!!!! weak competition IMO. almost at the missing chromosome level.

• greenenvy? // April 20, 2018 at 7:36 pm //

Wow! Look what swam out of the ocean & dropped its fins? A few hundred more years & you’ll be walking upright. LOL

• looking in the mirror and commenting about yourself are ya Greenenvy —– my your association with Red is paying doppelganger benefits to ya , gratz the more ya post the more you look and sound like the great RED troll!!!

• greenenvy? // April 21, 2018 at 11:32 am //

I walk alone Rider. Never cared much for for the Rider Squad taking on one guy, troll or not. I don’t need to be in a chorus of trolls singing the same sad song. That seems to bother you. Keep it 100.

• greenenvy? // April 20, 2018 at 7:31 pm //

COAD & FOMO – the daily double.

34. Duron is starting to be associated with pot the same way Cheech and Chong are

• Hmmm Living in mansions and enjoying life like Cheech and Chong.. Where do I sign up!? Chongs house is beautiful by the way.

• Except Cheech and Chong work hard in life and do have talent. They aren’t lying around all day getting high and acting like reprobates like they do in the movies…… that’s the difference

• Have you actually seen him train? I’d love to see you try and do even an eighth of his workout without dying. To say he has no talent just goes to show you have no idea what you are talking about.

• I would hope his training regime is more than I can handle! He is a pro athlete and I’m not.
            He also has a lot of time on his hands, he doesnt’t need to work, doesn’t have a family so he has plenty of time to fit in his hour workout!

• Riders23 // April 20, 2018 at 5:29 pm //

Geee Rob ; I finally figured out Red’s point in trying to make us one and the same poster; Trying to compliment in his back handed/twisted way folks that make quick whited/satirical retorts ( as many folks here do) , to the consistent nonsense and blather he posts, and a unexpressed realization that he gets intellectually destroyed 99& of the time he spends on this sight.

35. I don’t smoke pot so I’m going to mark the occasion by watching a few football highlights, a fan’s mini-camp if you will:
    youtube.com/watch?v=0S8JEVf93WQ
    youtube.com/watch?v=cc1qph6MQtU
    youtube.com/watch?v=J0P-6py08iU

• Wow, 3 plays that define the riders season!!!!
      Ironic, considering you guys always tell me that winning the Grey Cup is all that matters!

36. So what has Duron Carter done this off season that would indicate he will no longer be a problem? What has he done that will lead you to believe he won’t fight teammates on the sidelines? that he would fight in practice? That he won’t cross the field during pregame warm up against Calgary then lay an egg in the game? That he won’t take a really selfish penalty at the beginning of the Eastern final……………….what steps toward maturity has he taken????

Bo stopped tweeting!!! You all tried to spin that into a negative yesterday, but it shows he is ready to be a true leader and take the next step as a player and a person.

Again…..what has Duron done???

• MR. Green // April 20, 2018 at 7:08 pm //

Settle down and relax. I never read your comment, I saw your name a hundred times. You have a lot of hate and dislike. Learn to rib other teams in a good way, not a hateful way. I do not like Calgary, especially Bo, but I don’t take it personal and personally attack him. I’ve said harsh things in the heat of the moment, but in the end, I respect every organization in the league, even tho I can disagree.

• Well – he’s gotten warm under your skin, and has loads of free space in your head.

• did you want to take a crack at answering my question 🙂

• Greenland // April 20, 2018 at 8:28 pm //

I wasn’t going to comment but you Mr Red have a serious problem . You are close , if not already , to becoming a stalker. If I were DC I might be alittle concerned when the Riders are in Calgary.

• Believe me the closet I will get to Carter is from section F at historic McMahon. I have little interest in knowing anything about this man other than his effect on the CFL and my country,

• Ohhhh…is section F where they have the anchors into the concrete for your restraints ?

• Just did

37. MR. Green // April 20, 2018 at 7:03 pm //

Happy 4/20 back to DC. Trust me, alcohol is way worse than marijuana. It’s gonna be almost 100% legal in North America soon. I haven’t smoked it for a few years and never will again. We all make mistakes. DC represents the CFL and is proud of it. He had a shot at the NFL again but stayed loyal. Respect.

38. Just saying // April 20, 2018 at 10:33 pm //

Right now Duron is laughing at horse shoe thinking and now I’m the best 3down blog ever thank you horse shoe for making this possible.

Go Riders

39. Just saying // April 20, 2018 at 11:01 pm //

Hey horseshoe did you say you were going to come out of the closet and F duron?

40. Take this // April 20, 2018 at 11:05 pm //

Just how do you figure Duron has faced the consequences of breaking the law? He has yet to show up in court. In fact, with these comments, he is giving the finger to Canadian law, Canadian people and the CFL. He thinks he is above the law and, if he gets off, he will continue to think that. Of course he is loyal to the Riders. This is the first team that hasn’t cut or benched him for his dumb actions and comments, plus a portion of the fan base defends his every action, no matter how stupid. He knows enough to do the odd good deed to keep those admirers happy and loyal to him. Duron uses you fans who defend him without question just like he uses marijuana; for his own enjoyment and amusement.

• Let It Go already. Your obsession and multiple names is not healthy.

• Excellent comment Take this
      I feel the exact thing. Carter strokes the egos of riderfans just enough to make them putty in his hands; it buys him license to do anything. Throw in the odd insult to Winnipeg and Calgary and rider fans will give him a throne.

41. Just saying // April 20, 2018 at 11:09 pm //

Hey horseshoe all in fun, feel free to blast me when I screw up.

42. Just saying // April 20, 2018 at 11:12 pm //

Take this, I think he just used you

43. Funny story about Micah Johnson last year when they were in Regina. I was downtown eating at Trifons pizza with my 2 kids and he came in, alone, to pick up some food for take out.
    I knew who he was and thought here is a great opportunity for my kids, aged 4 and 8, to meet a very talented football player.
    When I approached Mr. Johnson I smelled the unmistakable scent of some really good bud! As I tried to have a quick conversation with Mr. Johnson and ask if my kids could have a picture with him, he could barely string together 2 words to make a sentance lol and nevermind eye contact Hahaha!!
    It was very remenescent of my teenage years when my parents trying to have a conversation with me after a night of partying and smoking a ton of weed.
    No disrespect towards Mr. Johnson for choosing to smoke some electric lettuce, and so what if Mr. Carter does too?
    They still play some very good football so lay off the judgemental comments…. happy 420 that’s all

• People are free to smoke pot if they want to, but doesn’t your story exemplify why Duron Carter shouldn’t be promoting and celebrating such activity??

• Let people worry about their own children, you clearly do not have any and I’m judging by your comments and constant non sense on here. You are the moral authority over nothing bud.

44. takethis, good research on the multiplicity of adverse effects of pot use. This research is not obscure, but naysayers choose to ignore same.
    Your assessment of DC is ALMOST accurate. He is petulant, immature, and entitled. In effect, a big kid trapped in an adult body. Maybe that is why he is genuinely interested in kids, and community involvement. It isn’t an act. He actually has a big heart. Maybe, one day, he will grow up, mature, and learn to engage his brain before his mouth. Maybe he has done pot, too long, and too much (see your own post re:MJ research) and he will never be capable of connecting the dots, even though he is intelligent.
    He is a talent. Too bad that he is still an adolescent in maturity.
    And, please don’t assume that the portion of the fan base that “defends his every move” is very large. Most Rider fans acknowledge his talent, and cheer him on the field. However, concussions in SASK. have increased dramatically, resulting from all the head-shaking after ill-advised, and ill-timed remarks like the latest DC tweet.

45. Take this // April 21, 2018 at 4:30 am //

I won’t deny that Carter is physically gifted. But it takes much more than physical ability to make a hall of fame player. See Michael Bishop, who had incredible arm strength. He could be on his knees at center field and easily throw the ball through the uprights. Unfortunately, he lacked the intelligence and the hard work ethic to be an allstar. Duron Carter said in the playoffs last year that he doesn’t watch much film or work at studying his upcoming opponent because “the game usually just comes to me”. Perhaps he would be a more consistent producer if he applied himself, worked harder at his trade and put more energy into preparation for the next game as opposed to constantly chirping about the upcoming game. He has a lot of games with very pedestrian numbers, after which he becomes petulant and sarcastic. At the age of 27, his comments are often childish and selfish. As for the comments that at least he is enjoying life, there can also be enjoyment and satisfaction in being the best that you can be. As experience replaces youth, intelligence, football sense and hard work replaces exuberance. At that point, Duron Carter could be left in the dust. When he hits thirty, is a coach still going to spend time with him every day to keep him focused; much like a parent would do with a problem child? Whether it is from prolonged marijuana use or not, it is certainly time for Duron to grow up. Some of us are certainly tired of his immature, classless and entitled behaviour.

46. All these comments over a plant! Have any of you ever considered how bad rx pills are? Oh that’s right a dr said it was ok so it is socially acceptable for all you out there groving on Mothers little helper. Stop being so brainwashed by big pharma you dolts!

47. Common Sense Says // April 21, 2018 at 8:35 am //

Red you’re getting killed on these message boards everyday non stop. Yet you don’t think maybe you are the problem not anyone else. You don’t know any of these players or people personally so stop acting like you’re a life coach and authority on everything.

48. Take this // April 21, 2018 at 9:19 am //

JC: it is up to you to check out the benefits and side effects of any drug that a doctor prescribes to you. It is then your choice to take the drug or not. My pharmacist tells me the long and short term effects of medications. Yes, you should make an educated decision. How many pot users have checked out the long and short term effects of using marijuana? Probably very few; they just take everyone’s word that it is completely healthy for both body and mind. Not necessarily so.

49. OK so somebody tell me:
    community involvement has Duron Carter really been involved in. Handing out signed footballs and selfies and team mandated events do not count.

• WHOOOOOOOOOO CARES!!!!!

Seriously, you have beaten this to death. Turn on the light, and crawl out of the dark hole of Calcutta. Call a cab, or an Uber, and see if your quack can clear a space on his/her couch for you.

• Who Cares?
        Rider fans should.
        They should expect more out of this guy.
        He is well on his way to being the most celebritized rider ever, after being giving so many chances he should be giving back. He should be living in Regina and doing lots!!!

50. Just saying // April 21, 2018 at 11:30 am //

Hi everyone, duron tweeted happy holidays good grief. We all love to hate other teams players that’s what we do. But honestly horseshoe don’t lose yourself in this. It’s all supposed to be harmless banter. I’m sure like all others if a player we’ve been slamming for years ended up on one of our teams we’d all be happy. This blog has kinda gone off track.
    Would anyone agree with this?

51. thethinman // April 21, 2018 at 11:44 am //

Ring-a-ding-ding. Bout’s over. No decision. Time to turn out the lights.

52. Damn…reading this thread just gave me a migraine…I can’t even remember what the story was about…they really need to move the date of the season opener by a month, maybe two; just for the sole purpose of cutting down on these inane stories that have nothing to do with football…

53. I’m curious if environmental groups come after the riders and season ticket holders??????

54. Just saying // April 21, 2018 at 8:27 pm //

I think if Duron was signed by Calgary you would be all in, I’m pretty sure of that.

55. Just saying // April 21, 2018 at 10:42 pm //

I’m not sure about Charleston Hughes myself does he have another year in him? I’m hoping. I’m not a fan of bo’s attitude and arregance but I’d be cool if he was traded here if it happened before the Collaros trade but not now.
    At least one of us are honest about things!

• The only players on the riders I would want are Jefferson and Holley, and even that is lukewarm.
      I fact is, we just don’t need to rely on former riders players the way they reply on former Stamps. Sorry but that’s hard to deny!

56. Just saying // April 22, 2018 at 2:13 am //

All of the sudden Hughes is not worth anything to you, but before he left he was a world beater.
    Funny how that works.
    Anyways this blog is dead now, we can argue over the next rider story.

57. Mrs Red, you love copying my lines, don’t you. Noticed that at least twice.
    Oh well, if one cannot not express themselves in their own words…