Stampeders running back and returner Roy Finch has been charged with assaulting police officers, resisting arrest and possession of marijuana stemming from an incident in Edmund, Oklahoma.

Police dashboard footage has been released courtesy The Oklahoman:

113 Comments on Dash cam video: Stampeders returner and RB Roy Finch arrested by police in Oklahoma

1. Give me a break!
    What about the rest of the video? Like the 2 minutes before that footage. All I see is police brutality.

• Cops getting physical with a guy who is resisting arrest is what I see and that is not my definition of cop brutality.

I think the clicking sound is the taser, so even after the tasering the cops are telling Finch to stop resisting but Finch continues to struggle, so they continue to taser.

Finch is a fool and a soon to be former pro football player. He won’t be allowed into Canada with a criminal record until a substantial enough time has elapsed, long enough to show that he has reformed himself but also long enough for him to be too old to get paid to play football. Fighting the cops…what a fool.

• Apparently he was choking the cop. I thought I heard on the audio him saying something like ” You think I can choke big time in November, you should see what I can do in April”.

• Who woulda thunk it huh Mrs.ed ?
      Anybody with that kind if fight is usually on A LOT more than Mary Jane. Just sayin 🙂

• Puck hog // April 16, 2018 at 8:31 pm //

A horse is a horse of course of course unless of course the horse is the infamous Mr. Red.

• Let’s see what the Command Center says Mrs.ed

• Watched this video and it made me sick. Yes we don’t see the beginning but you can clearly see the cop put him in a headlock. He didn’t like that and neither would anyone else. Then they tackled him and 11 more officers jump in. It wasn’t a football play even though the police are trying to become famous. Next with 11 cops on him they begin to tease him continually. Clearly he was down. Police in some states take things way too far.

• Yep, those damn cops again, eh? Like, they have nothing better to do but stand around, get punched in the face by some lunatic, and chase him through a building complex and risk grievous bodily harm by trying to get him under control – all in the name of maintaining public safety. Yep, those damn cops again…

• Puck hog // April 17, 2018 at 8:32 am //

So, L, is that what you would do if you were surrounded by cops? Stupid move by Finch. Really stupid.

2. nice tackle by the cops

3. Riders23 // April 16, 2018 at 4:06 pm //

Stampeder players off-season training program : Buy Illegal DRUGS:: smoke /traffic same drugs( INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT of off season program ; Run away from police, get caught , try and assault police ( cardio and agility training portion of off season program; lift weights in lock up till bailed out by club !!!! (Strength and Conditioning part of program 2) . Wow Calgary sure has room to point fingers at other organizations like the Riders regarding off season conduct of their players for sure !!!

• What do you see in that video
      Riders23??

• Riders23 // April 16, 2018 at 4:55 pm //

A guy so out of control that while being arrested he needed to have COUNT them 10-12 police involved in arresting him !!!! Most normal LAW abiding people don’t RESIST in that fashion unless they have done something VERY illegal , or are potentially high on a illegal narcotic / amphetamine. But I am sure you will find some excuse or twist authentic video in some way to see the world through your RED colored glasses and claim Finch is being discriminated against or something like !!!

• Riders23 – looks like Excited Delerium” to me.

• White Horse // April 16, 2018 at 4:28 pm //

Riders 23…obsessed with the Stamps now are we?

• Why not. Your obsession with the Riders is at the ceiling.

• Riders 23 ….Wow are you feeling a little hatred there buddy.

• Riders23 // April 16, 2018 at 8:02 pm //

I have to admit regarding hatefulness I am NOT at ALL fond of MR. Red, or the useless non-sence that he simply spews forward. Rather then thought provoking it simply most often becomes provoking . The majority of the posters on this sight are quite likeable / thought inspiring and challenging at times in a good way, so not hate filled just a bit miffed couple individuals but that is the challenge if life is it not !!!!

• I think you should worry about your own sliders players and their problems with pot

• Riders23 // April 16, 2018 at 7:07 pm //

Currently and thankfully any RIDER player involved with POT has not been foolish enough to try and by all accounts HIT or Resist authorities trying to place them under arrest. Guess COOKIES keep one more CHILL!!!! What Duron did was foolish , not a FAN of his open public use , but no one in life is PERFICT!!!! Lets see what DURON , Marcus//Bruces ( althought these were PED’s not POT incidents ) do moving forward with their lives. Currently , obviously in Campbell’s case his use is probably affecting him being signed to a playing contract the upcoming season and I have little sympathy for him as it was his choice to take or not research the drug//supplement he took. Should he be resigned as a Rider as a FAN I expect he will not re-offend same applies to Thigpen. IF they do as a fan I will hold Renold’s and Jones accountable in my mind for making poor judgement decisions regarding retaining those players.

• Steve – I think you should get some new material. Just returning the favor to Mrs.Ed

• Steve, if you knew the crap that spews from this troll, you wouldn’t say that. As soon as I saw the story break, I KNEW what was going to happen here on 3DN because of that troll.

• Micheal Hunt // April 16, 2018 at 11:21 pm //

The Stampeders and their fans have Class, Obviously Much More than the ass from Saskatchewan who wrote this blurb.
      Why not throw out some racist insults too.
      Green Losers shows why the Riders are CFL’s most hated Team & Fans.

• Don’t forget they also amp the sale of backpacks. And perhaps running shoes?

4. Habsnriders // April 16, 2018 at 4:13 pm //

Lol this is so so funny . See stamp fans it can happen to anyone . The weed is no big deal but the assault , he won’t be returning any punts from prison .

• Where is the assault? All I see is a bunch of cops wailing on finch, he tries to get away and has his head smashed on the asphalt in a suplex and 6 cops piling on him as you hear him being nothing but cooperative.

• Oh yeah, just a PERFECT picture of cooperation. God Man, do you EVER re-read your posts or listen to yourself? How can you not be embarrassed and go hide? You keep getting worse. It’s truly amazing. You JUST Don’T G-E-T I-T.

5. I think they needed 10 more cops

• If you go to Webster’s and read the definition of “Excited Delirium”…yes indeed, you may be correct…they may have needed 10 more cops…or 20 for that matter.

6. Blue rules // April 16, 2018 at 4:23 pm //

Now that Roy has all the attributes that Jones looks for in a player, Roy will get picked up by Rider’s for 2018,

• I thought you’d be smarter than that. Oh, well.

• Antlerman // April 16, 2018 at 4:48 pm //

no too slow

• Riders23 // April 16, 2018 at 7:13 pm //

Hey , who knows , maybe Jones is a ‘DOPER PLAYER’ whisperer and will turn Finches life around, lord knows the man FINCH obviously needs some support regarding his personal lifestyle and choices!!! Looks like Chris has had good success with Duron but not so much with Jonathon Newsome !!! but hopefully Campbell in Ottawa will be more successful with him .

7. Catmando // April 16, 2018 at 4:28 pm //

At least they didn’t shoot him

8. What an organization they run out there in Southern Alberta. Have criminal charges, automatic 1st stringer.

9. Unless we could see the whole footage this is a typical take down of a person resisting a lawful police command.

But it is the USA and unless you’re stupid we all know how African Americans and others of colour get the police treatment down there.

• And unless you are stupid, you would be more likely, THEREFORE, to NOT run from the cops, cooperate and put your fate in the hands of a judge under the best possible light (unlike this assclown).

And unless you are stupid, maybe not get involved with shit that will attract a cops attention if you are black and like to blame everything on race.

• Agree BC Dave. Black, green, yellow, white, purple…neon pink…doesn’t matter the colour. If your brain is the size of a pea in these matters and you thumb your nose at the laws then you deserve what you get. Cops are only doing their job.

10. Gainer Jr // April 16, 2018 at 4:40 pm //

If Finch didn’t assault an officer and run from the cops in the 1st encounter, this whole fiasco wouldn’t have escalated to what we see on this video. Common sense says the cops aren’t going to go easy on you the 2nd time around, especially after assaulting one of their own. You can see why he is such a great punt returner…needed 12 cops to bring him down haha. The CFL will miss a talent like his.

11. Pennyrocker // April 16, 2018 at 4:40 pm //

This is typical of the cops handling a guy who resists arrest. This also shows the way the state cops are different to the RCMP.

12. Cap space for mcDaniel just opened.

13. Please tell me that you folks are not naive or ignorant enough to not know that this is how the police stage those things. If they don’t like what the detainee is doing they take him to the ground and smack his head on the pavement, causing Pain & Injury, just like this. And the person tries to protect their head from further injury while the cop yells to put your hands behind your back. The person is having pain applied to them on their head, through knees in the ribs or other manners and by a Taser,very painful. So he is “moving” because he is in pain, trying to get away from the taser pain, or trying to protect his head. Meantime the cops keep yelling put your hands behind your back. Don’t move, stop resisting, Etc when they know full well that the person can’t stop moving b/c of suffering that pain and protecting themselves. That is the well known modus operandi of how cops lay a licking on somebody and then try to justify it by that scenario that they created. After all this time and seeing it over and over and over again, haven’t you figured it out yet folks?

Also very interesting that we are only seeing one distant dashcam when there are other vehicles closer who would have better dash cam footage we can see exactly what the police are doing to him, that is unless the police turned off the dash cam but that’s part of the modus operandi as well.

• I think I missed that episode. What day was it on?

• MR. Green // April 16, 2018 at 5:19 pm //

@lawdog, I don’t know ow the truth,niether do you. my first thought was what really happened? This story happens with African Americans quite often where policy brutality is over done. I see why he couldn’t get his hands behind his back. I have seen first hand police abusing power. I do not trust cops. I know most are law abiding but many are not.
      On the other hand we do not know what happened before the physicality started. Finch may well be 100% at fault.
      What is normal is Karma,when fans, especially Calgary fans, jump all over any player on other teams who make mistakes as Calgary only hires perfect people but they will each comment a dozen times per story when others not linked to them do wrong. That’s who they are. They attack the whole organization from the top to new born fans.
      As for the Finch story, hopefully the truth comes out.

14. Scottsask // April 16, 2018 at 5:04 pm //

So much to say, i’m going to stay classy and stick with no comment.

15. Duron was spotted nearby saying “I got a good lawyer Roy”

16. Scottsask // April 16, 2018 at 5:29 pm //

Now that’s gold!

17. Whatever – just sad. A great CFL talent that will likely be lost. Give thanks the dude is still alive I suppose given the cops normal propensity to just shoot.

18. Scottsask // April 16, 2018 at 5:41 pm //

Very true, he’s very fortunate to have escaped with his life.

19. dale van allen // April 16, 2018 at 5:49 pm //

Marijuana possession….10 cops. Odd

20. But… but… but… but…

21. Haha love seeing the sputtering stamps fans, so critical of Duron but defending their own to the end. You don’t call for that much backup if there’s no resistance from the suspect. Innocent until proven guilty (unless he’s a rider).

• We’ll see what happens on the field boys.

• Riders23 // April 16, 2018 at 7:19 pm //

Umm, unless there is an event called ; ‘dodge and duck from police presence ‘ for players at the CFL Game Day Half time what does the field have to do with this incident of FINCH breaking the LAW !!!!!

• Roy won’t

• I hear Tommie and Finch put together a few dollars and went out to a vintage music store and bought a Bobby Fuller vinyl record…something to do with the law…is this true?

• greenenvy? // April 16, 2018 at 9:19 pm //

Speaking of backup, how many of Rider Nation does it take to bring down Mr. Red. Count them. LOL

22. The Stamps fans should be disappointed that he was actually caught…He must have lost a step or so….

23. It’s tragic this had to happen… things like this happen fast and getting his face mashed into the hard pavement didn’t help matters. He’s a young guy and maybe did and said a few things he shouldn’t in the heat of it. Unfortunately this may really impact his chances to play pro football. Just hope he gets back on his feet soon… a very talented athlete.

24. Lol,, that cop dropped him like a rag doll,, Bang flop.

• You are right Outwest. He did drop him light a rag doll.
      What does that tell you? Finch isn’t big but he is buff and very muscular. He could beat the tar out of any one of those cops. Yet he allowed himself to be brought down. No resistance there.

• No resistance? Just how freakin daft are you man? He could beat the tar out of any of those cops??? Wow. Just W-O-W. What a piece of work.

• Ding ding ding ding – and the Winner of the absolutely most ridiculous comment from a living breathing human being!!

25. Bad Roy, bad Roy, watcha gonna do…whatcha gonna do when they come for you…

26. The only thing more laughable than Bo’s heave ho to Matt Black in the Grey Cup, is the biggest troll in CFL fan board history and his ignorance for having smart and contributing conversations with fans across the country. This website condones the idiocy and many of us buy into it. Let’s all grow up, pick one user handle and have good discussion. It’s a great game.

27. Did you get his badge number? Maybe Hervey might want to check him out cuz we didn’t drop enough QBs lat year. Worst number of sacks in the league I think.

28. Lil Bo Peep is losing his sheep !

29. They had to deploy the entire police department to arrest one person? Sheesh!

30. Colour me green // April 16, 2018 at 11:54 pm //

I think mr. red takes himself down no rider fans needed.
    Finch is done in cfl. Criminal record is major with assault of an officer.
    Crazy number of cops but so what. You mess with one you mess with them all. Try taking on the army guys in a civil disobedience, major ass kicking. Don’t mess with the authorities and you are fine here in Canada. Don’t even hint at it in the USA.
    Huffs next up? Probably wants Messan back

31. Apparently Oklahoma doesn’t have a horse collar rule.

32. True Green // April 17, 2018 at 12:51 am //

I’ve skipped through without reading any comments. I’m assuming there’s a whole bunch off Stamps Vs Riders bashing going on here. I’m going to do my best not to partake and point fingers and blame an organization on one mans actions.

My take on what I heard in the news today and on 3DN, it sounds like Finch F’d up big time. You don’t run if your not guilty and he has recent priors which sounds possibly nasty (controlled substance i believe). I don’t want to judge a man early but it doesn’t sound good. As for the video, there were a lot of cops involved in the arrest but that’s what happens when you run, they call in reinforcements. I’ll watch the video again but it looked like they were not using excessive force unless I totally missed something. It looked like a bunch of uniforms sitting on him to subdue and cuff him. Full disclosure here; I’ve had my own run in with the law in the past. I have a history of addiction. I’m 8 years clean and sober and I’ve learned from my mistakes. I’ve been arrested. I ran and I fought back. I’ve read my own report. There were 8 officers involved in my arrest. When you fight back they use numbers for safety AS THEY SHOULD. When you put other people’s safety at risk you don’t get to judge how many cops were involved in the take down as long as they don’t use excessive force.

I’m unsure why Finch’s former charges didn’t get any coverage (that i noticed). I don’t believe I’m a winey Rider fan but I am going to say here that I believe the Riders are often scrutinized more than other clubs. So to the few Stamps fans that take joy in pointing out every mistake a Rider player makes please remember that it is the individual making the mistake, not the club. Finch’s mistake is not a reflection on the Stamps. Carter’s mistakes are not a reflection on the Riders.

I suspect my “full disclosure” will get used against me by a certain stampeder fan that views life through horse coloured glasses but I don’t care. I’ve survived more than he can ever through at me.

Good luck Mr Finch, I hope you can overcome this mess you’ve created in your life. And I hope you’re atronger for it.

• Green&Gold // April 17, 2018 at 1:01 am //

It takes a big person to say what you just did TG. Good on you.

• True Green // April 17, 2018 at 1:05 am //

Thank you. Just trying to show that If I had a biased opinion it may we’ll be in finch’s favour. This has nothing to do with which club any of us are fans of.

• Riders23 // April 17, 2018 at 1:02 am //

Naw most the stuff was pretty interesting re comments other then from the perspective of one poster , enjoyed your perspective your right about donw the centre of most comments made other then 1 perspective.

• True Green // April 17, 2018 at 1:06 am //

I’m a 3DN junkie, so I couldn’t help myself. After making my post I did go back and read them all lol.

33. Police action appears EXCESSIVE from the video. Hope Roy gets the best personal injury lawyer he can get in Oklahoma. If presented correctly in a court of law he should walk away with MILLIONS. Then I hope he high tails for the border where he can smoke weed freely as per the new Canadian laws that are about to change by the end of the year.

34. Another off season…another Stump felon. Hey do you think he lost his Stump backpack as well and was looking for it?

35. And today’s lesson, boys and girls, is when the nice policeman or policewoman tells you to stop, you stop. And if you don’t, the nice policeman or policewoman may not be so nice anymore.

• And bring 10 – 20 of his not so nice friends.
      Too bad the canine unit didn’t involved. I’d have PAID to see that video hahahaha.

• LOL! Yeah, but perhaps this is what Mr. Finch needs to reform his wayward ways, a good kick, sorry, bite, in the arse!

36. Well Finch is done in the CFL. The crybaby Stamps fans nowhere to be found haha.

37. Jeeze these Stampeders sure need to get their organization under control. They have so many players who like to break the law. This really puts a damper on the CFL’s image. Much worse than Duron Carter having a few pot cookies. But he’s the loser…..get a grip Calgary fans

• That’s right, defend Carter. You will live to regret it, to that there is no doubt. He’s proved that over and over again. The “He’s maturing” doesn’t hold water at 27, a tiger doesn’t change his stripes.
      BTW- Look at his tweet regarding Finch, it takes a similiar tone to Messam

38. WOW!The moronic comments herein defy belief! Is it not possible to be objective?…instead of making this about teams?
    This coin has two sides. On one side,o clearly, Finch has broken some law, and is running from the cops. His prior bad acts speak to same. His take-down was violent, but, probably necessary. (The piling on, not so much) A court date would probably convict him of something.
    However, the other side of the coin shows the cops’ malfeasance. Cops know that they are being recorded,so they will continue to shout commands to give the appearance of resisting arrest. ie.When the guy’s head is squished to the pavement by a whole football team of cops,they are still yelling at him to put his hands behind his back. Ridiculous! He is totally restrained…probably can’t move at all! Even funnier are the commands (for the recording) to stop moving. Then, with all these guys on top of him, a taser is heard, for several seconds. An earlier poster cited excited delirium, and he may be right. This will afford enormous strength,however, the police should be aware of the ample evidence,that in such cases, a taser can cause immediate death! The Polish visitor in the Vancouver airport is only one example of many who have thus succumbed. I knew a guy, personally,who needed to be revived under similar circumstances, or he would have died.
    I am NOT IN ANY WAY condoning Finch’s actions. He may well deserve incarceration. However, in civilized society, that is determined by a court of law, not by a lynch mob (who,easily could have killed him by taser) or the court of public opinion. (Herein)

39. Totally agree DAKAZ!!

40. Tnx ayc, I wonder what the trolls would have posted if the unnecessary taser would have killed him?
    Tasers are to be used to subdue a combative, resisting perp. Finch was totally under control and, probably, absorbing a beating. What other reason could there be for a dozen cops, other than to obscure vision? If he hit a cop before the chase video, I could understand their desire to tune him up…but this seemed over the top.

41. Wwold have posted the same thing myself…He should have stopped and not resisted arrest. If you force cops to use more force, it’s your fault, not theirs. If a cop comes to me and tells me to put my hands behind my back and I do and THEN he shoves my face into the pavement, THAT is excessive and police brutality.

If I run and swing and resist getting cuffed, it’s safety first for them. Its not a game or a race to see who will win. THEY will win and do whatever it takes to win. You get hurt, your fault. That simple.

• LOOK at my second last post. Or, better yet, look at the video. Look at the cops phony commands after he is squished to the pavement. They know recorders are running. Safety first? He is down, with a dozen cops on top of them….why do they need to taser a guy…he can’t move. It is hilarious that they are telling him to put his hands behind his back, and, at the same time, telling him not to move….which is totally impossible because all these guys are on top of him. Finch deserved to get taken down, HARD. He probably deserves incarceration. He probably assaulted officers, though, not in the video….he may have done that before he ran. He is scum! He deserved to be tuned up…but, he is a human that needs to get his life straightened out…in a state of excited delirium, the taser could have killed him. Maybe he needs to do substantial time, and rehab…but not capital punishment, which could have happened.

42. Sadly, the CFL is starting to resemble it’s brethren, the National Felon League. You heard none of this shit, very barely anyway, in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s…or even the 90’s. So do a Hail Mary…and hope for the best. PS – I know Drew one of these days you are going to send me to the 3D penalty box…and that’s fine…just calling it the way it is…emphatic words and all. 18 years and counting man…

43. I counted 12 cops. It’s the States, shouldn’t there have been only 11 ???

44. Nevertheless, I don’t understand all the conjecture. He should not play in the CFL…and if he gets convicted of assaulting a cop, in most states, if not all, that is not a misdemeanour; it is a felony, which would preclude him from entering Canada.

45. How many police were there in that scrum, 10? and another ran to take part.