Duron Carter, TSN anchor trade good-natured barbs

Duron Carter might not be a free agent but he still can make a splash.

During the opening day of 2018 CFL free agency, TSN analyst Derek Taylor made a reference to the Riders faking injuries last season and Saskatchewan’s Most Outstanding Player from the 2017 season took notice.

Taylor is known for his Details segments which feature analytical statistics.

Carter was involved in a practice fight and there was speculation about him being disciplined by the Riders for it.

The Riders star does know how to drop the mic. But Taylor one-upped Carter.

That Saskatoon airport is where Carter allegedly was in possession of marijuana.

Any boxing match – on or off the field – with Carter involved would sell lots of tickets.

27 Comments on Duron Carter, TSN anchor trade good-natured barbs

1. Green is the Color // February 13, 2018 at 5:23 pm //

Ignore him Duron. Just another sports reporter who couldn’t cut it as an athlete. Love to see you box him a bit … I’d pay for that.

• someonefromsomwhere // February 13, 2018 at 5:27 pm //

You clearly don’t know anything about DT…. Go do a little bit of research – I’m going to bet that you’ll feel pretty dumb… oh wait……

• Green is the Color // February 13, 2018 at 5:51 pm //

What’s to know. I looked, didn’t see anything. No college sports (at least Dunk played) or much of anything. Seems he’s been a sports “reporter” a long time. I’ll take Carter in the boxing match.

• Bleeding Green // February 13, 2018 at 5:48 pm //

DC get his a$$ whupped. They should box… Loser shuts his twitter account down forever.

2. Duron Carter is an imbecile.

• The first time I got a universal remote control I thought to myself, “This changes everything”.

• Bleeding Green // February 13, 2018 at 5:49 pm //

You googled how to spell imbecile before you clicked “post” didn’t you… I would have. Lol

3. D.C is “green”with envy of Derek Taylor after this talk

4. I’ll admit to being a little jealous of all the news that the Riders and Tabbies generate on this site, then I realize there’s probably not much else going on in these two cities.

• Ya and living in a Government town. You must be shaking with the excitement all around you … good grief!

5. RJ Johnson Jr // February 13, 2018 at 5:40 pm //

Who is Derek Taylor????

• Bleeding Green // February 13, 2018 at 5:46 pm //

I have a cousin named Derek Taylor. But I’m pretty sure it’s not him. Sorry this didn’t help.

• brian johnson // February 13, 2018 at 8:09 pm //

Nice!!! Who is Duron Carter. Would be a broke loser in a few years!!! Except for Daddy. Daddy’s boy.

6. Paul Bomber // February 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm //

Somebody get the guy a bag of Doritos… it sounds like he’s in the dangerous and painful late stages of the munchies. (Duron: I don’t take anything he says seriously, but I do like how he keeps things interesting and dynamic to watch on the field)

7. Realize Derek Taylor is a relative nobody TSN analyst, but to trade barbs with Duron Carter? Give it up, respect the man’s talents and abilities as a ball player. But not the sharpest knife in the drawer, getting nailed twice for cannabis possession, at an airport of all places? Maybe best to keep a low profile Duron, but you are entertaining, I will give you that.

8. Hey Duron – 16 touchdowns this 2018 season

Catch for Kids – Big guy !

9. Big Ed Beal // February 13, 2018 at 6:18 pm //

Never heard of this taylor derek before this article. He needs to climb back into his hole wherever that is, highly probable winnipeg.

10. Conan the Librarian // February 13, 2018 at 6:20 pm //

Not a fan of Derek Taylor or his stupid stats segment on TSN, but he owned Carter on this exchange!

11. I like Duron and am happy he’s a Rider, but if I were scoring this battle I’d give the win to Taylor. He had some good barbs!

12. As the world turns in the Crazy Football League as some call the CFL.

13. Taylor’s reference to Carter getting “thrown off a team mid-season” wasn’t to Madani’s largely fiction incident with the Riders. If you recall, Madani’s story turned out to be about 95% BS, and Carter was not kicked off the team at all, or was he on a plane out of town, etc., etc. Taylor is referring to the incident with the Alouettes where Carter DID in fact get kicked off the team mid season.

14. greenrider89 // February 13, 2018 at 6:59 pm //

Give it to Duron to throw a barb back at Taylor for jabbing the Riders. I rather enjoy it but appreciate his production more on the playing field.

15. “Cfl stats guy”. LOL. Probably makes $15K a year and thinks he’s bright. Get lost Derek whoever the hell you are.

16. Bah hahaha Derek Taylor from nowhere Alberta just trying to leach off Carter. Typical douche from Alberta. Hey Derek, go get a real job eh! You have a face for radio

17. Fan of class // February 13, 2018 at 10:03 pm //

Carter is pretty mouthy for a guy that could get deported.

18. Colour me green // February 13, 2018 at 11:14 pm //

Until July 1st and it won’t mean a thing.
    Good article keeps the off season entertaining.
    Derek seems to cheer for the bombers so he must come from the unfriendliness province of Manitoba9