Stamps general manager John Hufnagel wants to keep Bo Levi in Calgary

Bo Levi Mitchell enters the final year of his current Stampeders pact in 2018.

Calgary has been the place where Mitchell was developed into one of the league’s premier quarterbacks and general manager John Hufnagel knows what he wants to do next.

“We haven’t really entered into any discussions with his agent yet, but both of them know that we want Bo to be here,” Hufnagel told TSN‘s Dave Naylor.

Mitchell has started 68 games going 56-10-2 for the Stampeders completing over 65 per cent of his passes for 19,349 yards, 115 touchdowns and 45 interceptions. He guided Calgary to a Grey Cup in 2014, earning game MVP honours, and won the league’s Most Outstanding Player award in 2016.

“Bo made a commitment three years ago when he signed the four-year contract that he wanted to be in Calgary,” Hufnagel said. “Him and his wife have worked extremely hard to be part of the community and I don’t see that being disrupted.”

64 Comments on Stamps general manager John Hufnagel wants to keep Bo Levi in Calgary

1. ivan Diablo // January 12, 2018 at 2:18 pm //

bo would bolt for the NFL but 2 straight losses in the grey cup, altho calgary was heavily favoured, don’t look good on his resumé

2. Bo is beginning to display a pattern of not winning the big game.

• and he probably should not have won the one that he did win.

• HAHa jealous written all over you. Bo was in the Grey Cup your team and you were at home!And the cup you are referring to with Hamilton,a CLEAR clip on the punt run back…don’t even go there

3. Loved the throw Mitchell made into double coverage to seal the game. Keep it up! Hope you stay in that hick town for a long time serving up picks.

• Good chance there’ll be a rematch as the Argos like the redblacks the year before will get another free pass to the show . Don’t even need a winning record to win the division yikes

• Poor Danny boy…if the Roughriders had beaten us in the East final it would have been the same result in the cup final.

4. If Zach had the supporting cast like Bo has had his entire time in Calgary , it would be a different story. Guess we’ll see this year when he plays on a talented team in Regina.

5. Hey Jjtst “been to cup” and regular season cups just don’t cut it!! lmfao Bridge will be in the NFL long before “bo the twitter cry baby choker” will be.

• Bleeding Green // January 12, 2018 at 4:23 pm //

Seriously don’t even waste your energy on Jjst. Likes it too much. Just on here for the arguments. If you don’t poke, just goes away.

6. Bleeding Green // January 12, 2018 at 4:19 pm //

Stamps would be crazy not to keep BLM. I’m sure he wants to stay. Without him Calgary isn’t as good as they have been in the last however many years. I wonder how bad his injury hampered him this year.

7. I hope he does stay in Calgary as he chokes like Kevin Glenn except he has won 1 grey cup unlike Glenn. Likes to talk but he sure cant back it up.

8. Calgary Chokpeders the 2018 regular season cup champions lol

9. Blue rules // January 12, 2018 at 4:41 pm //

Nov 26 2017 , a horsie walks into a bar….the barman says…..why the long face…

10. Blue rules // January 12, 2018 at 4:46 pm //

A year earlier Nov 27 2016, a horsie walks into a bar…. the barman says……..

11. Habsnriders // January 12, 2018 at 5:12 pm //

I’m curious what’s the going price for a qb needing shoulder surgery .

• Blue rules // January 12, 2018 at 5:32 pm //

@Hab, About the same as limpy, concussed, 29 year old QB. $540K..

• Stumps choke // January 12, 2018 at 5:58 pm //

You’re starting to sound a lot like horsie and his many personalities. Careful how much hate you spew, as the Bummers are just one hit away from having zero QB’s too, and you’re obsession with the Riders is getting to the same level as your girlfriend from Cowtown.

• Blue rules // January 12, 2018 at 7:02 pm //

Sorry Choke, just killing time by doing a little fishing for idiots until a REAL sport begins, NHL perhaps you heard of it! You may have to adjust your rabbit ears to tune it in! BTW thanks for your reply I now caught my limit, Osta la wago hasta la Vista & adios amigo?¿?¿

• Blue rules // January 12, 2018 at 7:48 pm //

Sorry jjtst73, I have to let you go, I’m at my limit today, maybe I’ll fish you in tomorrow, to bad though your a big sucker!!
            One more joke just for you,, a giant bear walks into a bar (Huge, Huge bear) and sits down at the bar, the barman ask what can I get you…. The bear stairs at the bartender for a long time, the barman says…. why the giant Pause…. Get it? Get it…..giant paws.. oh come on now. Tomorrow I’m using stink bait. See you then!!

• Blue rules // January 12, 2018 at 7:57 pm //

BTW jjtst73, you do know when I posted to “Choke” above I meant “Stumps choke” not you, or did I get a BOGO,,LOL

• Biggest choke job in history has to be too many men on the field in 09

• Ridersnhabs // January 12, 2018 at 6:52 pm //

Acually he is fully heathy but thanks for the concern .

12. Bo is a joke and if he were NFL worthy he’s already be there but he isn’t and hasn’t even got a sniff! Dude is from Texas! And he isn’t getting looks. Let him be a regular season champ up North all he wants with the loser Stampeders, he’s nothing otherwise.

13. Colour me green // January 12, 2018 at 6:57 pm //

Go south Bo, make some money. They all try it.

14. I agree Bo is a total joke! All talk no action and at least Cater showed him up like the tool that he is!

15. Please guys, do not feed the attention seeking troll !!!!!

• Tried that line. So did a fellow Rider fan. Seems guys just like to engage. All you can do is put your hands over your ears (or in this case eyes) and go la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la

16. Geoff Mackey // January 12, 2018 at 9:14 pm //

Bo is great quarterback. Stampeders will again be knocking at the door at the next GG and knocking down it this time. No Argo Miracle this year as GREAT as it was.

• ivan diablo // January 12, 2018 at 9:17 pm //

maybe it will be hamilton’s turn for a ‘miracle’ ?

bo needs to put away that ‘gun slinger’ attitude for the grey cup – at least if he wants to win it

• Blue rules // January 12, 2018 at 9:24 pm //

Geoff, good luck with that “GG”, I hope the Stamps win all the “GG’s” you want.

17. Argos2017Champs // January 12, 2018 at 9:55 pm //

Blow Levi isn’t even remotely an NFL calibre QB talent. They like them tall down there with a cannon arm like Brandon Bridge. Blow has no one even slightly interested in the NFL.
    If he ever did play down there, this is how it would end… Mitchell sacked, another sack, another sack. Mitchell has a concussion.

• Eric the Great // January 12, 2018 at 11:52 pm //

No one wants him down there. Big mouth no talent.

• But answer me this… How TF could the New York Football Giants be interested in Bridge and no one in NFL interested in BLM? Look at it from a totally unbiased view. like really really do. I agree BLM is an arrogant prick, but he’s the best QB in the CFL(Maybe tied w Reilly) But his CFL record puts him over the top. I’m a Rider fan that cant help appreciate BLM’s talents. it intrigues me that he doesn’t get interest from down south

18. Argos2017Champs // January 12, 2018 at 9:59 pm //

Stamps should offer him a league minimum contract, no one in the NFL is interested. No one in the CFL likes a selfish player either for that matter.

19. Bo Levi Mitchell believes he is the best QB outside the NFL and he wants to prove it … he will after 2018.

20. I’m certain that this is the end of the Stampeders run. 2018 will see them sink back into mediocrity where they belong. Bunch of no class losers

• George Porge // January 13, 2018 at 6:18 pm //

Hmm.. funny, I heard the same thing last year. And the year before that. And the year before that one, too…

21. Eric the Great // January 12, 2018 at 10:53 pm //

I remember them running the score up on the Ti-Cats. Then in another game jumping on the Riders offensive line twice when the Riders had won and were in victory formation. Poor losers. Pathetic.

22. Tinhead 296 // January 12, 2018 at 11:07 pm //

Hey stumpeaters;
    The only time your park is close to full is when riders or esks are there. Your fans only like when they win, if they play bad or start to lose the boo birds come back in full force just like they always have.

• George Porge // January 13, 2018 at 6:20 pm //

Our park is close to full when the Riders or Esks are there, because Stamp fans prefer to see the team win. Thanks for confirming that.

23. Eric the Great // January 12, 2018 at 11:33 pm //

What about jumping on the o-line when the game is over, that ok with you?

24. Tinhead 296 // January 12, 2018 at 11:34 pm //

Riders sold out all home games last year but 1. How many sellouts there?
    total of 0.

25. Tinhead 296 // January 13, 2018 at 12:09 am //

hey horsie:
    maybe yer stumpeaters will get good seats for the next grey cup at commonwealth. you blew your chances last 2 yrs. about 1/3 of fans are riders when they play there. About 4 total when stumps play at Mosaic.

26. Tinhead 296 // January 13, 2018 at 12:13 am //

Hey Horsie;
    3How do crowds get smaller every year? Riders sell out every game almost and there is over a 2 year wait to get season tickets because they have to cap it at about 80%. you are full of bs. Give your head a shake

27. Tinhead 296 // January 13, 2018 at 12:16 am //

the IQ of a chimp-68
    the IQ of loser horsie:-about half of that. LOL

28. Tinhead 296 // January 13, 2018 at 12:17 am //

well said BC Dave

29. Tinhead 296 // January 13, 2018 at 12:32 am //

horsie even thinks the Browns will win super bowl next year. they are 1-31 last 2 seasons and a perfect 0-16 this year. Well, hell they might even beat the steelers or the patriots in next year AFC championchip to get there. this is how his fantasy world works.

30. Blue rules // January 13, 2018 at 12:46 am //

HAHAHAHA. all you guys are so cute, taking like your big people, NOW shut the hell up, it’s bedtime and I got to work in the morning!!!!!

31. Blue rules // January 13, 2018 at 12:56 am //

BC LIONS, Well as a grown up should you move out of your Mommies basement, pay your own way and stop eating happy meals.

32. This Calgary fan is a real idiot. That’s all I have to say

33. Man, who cares about BLM. What I want to know is did Tommie ever find his backpack?

34. What I don’t understand is how the best QB of our generation hasn’t had any interest from down south?? (or maybe Im missing something) BLM Is the best best QB in the CFL no? maybe its his character issues that raise some red flags. Who knows. He is a self centered prick which would raise locker rom issues.

35. I will give you this horsie…………BLM is a good qb but not the best in the CFL. The last 2 years clearly show that. He will never and has never had an offer from the NFL because he isn’t NFL material. His attitude stinks as bad as Durants.

36. Party Johnny // January 13, 2018 at 10:04 am //

Bo is a future Hall of Famer. John is right to sign him long term. I love nothing more than watching him. Good or bad he’s great. We need eight more of him.

37. BLM in Calgary long term would be good for Bo’s career, the Stamp’s and the CFL.

38. I actually do like BLM. I just wish he was less arrogant and more humble. Look at Brady. The greatest to ever play the game. Now I admit I’m a crazy Brady fan, but the man just oozes class and deflects praise to his teammates… Go for #6 TB12!!!