Jeff Reinebold’s epic #CHICKSPEDITION

After John Chick was traded from the Hamilton Tiger-Cats to the Edmonton Eskimos on Aug. 20, the veteran defensive end and his family – he and wife Catherine have eight kids – had to figure out how to get the family truckster and many of their belongings out west. Enter Jeff Reinebold. The veteran CFL coach had been demoted by the Ticats on Aug. 8 and ultimately decided to leave the club but stepped up to help the Chick family by making the drive halfway across the country.

An active, ALL CAPS Twitter user, Reinebold chronicled the drive on social media. Here is his journey.

Drew Edwards

Drew Edwards

Drew Edwards is into his eighth season covering the CFL and the Ticats for the Hamilton Spectator. He is the founder and editor of 3DownNation.
Drew Edwards
Drew Edwards
About Drew Edwards (1162 Articles)

23 Comments on Jeff Reinebold’s epic #CHICKSPEDITION

1. manny oliveira // September 7, 2017 at 12:48 pm //

Class Act! Nothing else to be said!

2. This.
    Is.
    Awesome.

Jeff Reinebold has always been amazing. I so wish he could have stuck around as STC. Maybe Speedy B would finally have some blocking.

3. Great story!

4. solara2000 // September 7, 2017 at 1:11 pm //

What a cool guy. Amazing how he has remained authentic is such a ‘regimented’ world as pro football.

5. The best STC in the CFL ever! I wonder where’s his next stop? Deserved better!

6. Thanks for this Drew. Great story!

7. Nothing but Class

8. OttawaHamiCatsFan // September 7, 2017 at 2:29 pm //

Absolute class act move by Reinbold. I am also wishing he was still the STC.

9. Feeling Blue // September 7, 2017 at 3:10 pm //

Wow….living life to the fullest…next adventure

10. Great story!

11. riderontheisland // September 7, 2017 at 4:42 pm //

This is awesome and Reinebold is now one of my favorite guys. I have always been a huge fan of John Chick both on and off of the field so I’m not surprised that Jeff stepped up for this. Great Story. Still would love to see Chick wearing Green and white one more time.

12. Lindsay Wilcox // September 7, 2017 at 5:33 pm //

Great post, thanks Drew !

Class act, Mr. Reinebold !

Wish and hope Ticats’ admin come to their senses and bring you back to coach ST so Speedy can get some decent blocking.

• Lindsay I read Reinbold was offered the Special Teams in Hamilton and he turned it down. Instead he took his DC money and headed to Califon I A.
      Makes sense. Why take a demotion for less money when you can walk away with no responsibilities and a lot more money.

13. Romper Room Bobby // September 7, 2017 at 6:13 pm //

Jeff had extra time on his hands so he did his D-end a solid favour. I’ve always heard and read that Jeff’s character is outstanding. I do remember when Jeff took a couple pot shots at Taman when Brendan was on his way out of Winnipeg. Something about all of Tamans contacts being written on a cafe napkin. Sadly Jeffs time as a head coach in Winnipeg was a disaster. Let Kevin Glen go for an EE back up QB that didn’t even last the 2 years Jeff did.
    Now both Jeff and John are out of a very confused, frustrated and no doubt incredibly stressed out Organization. Unfortunately John has been plucked from the burning fire and dropped into a sizzling frying pan. So far Chic as an EE has felt 2 beat downs with another on its way in Edmonton this weekend.
    I guess John knocking the Riders rebuild by publicly calling it a circus. Has now done a full circle and finds himself in the circus. A three ringed circus I might add.
    Hopefully for John and his awesome family things turn around for them real quick. They look like a wonderful family and deserve a solid environment.

• Your memory is tricking you. It was Mike Kelly who took the shots at Taman. When Reinebbold was in Wpg, Taman was still with BC.

Reinebold was over his head as Bombers HC, but he’s always been a positive personality.

14. It would have been an even bigger story if he had volunteered to make that trip with 8 kids. Great story anyhow. Might even feel bad for John Chick – I don’t think Edmonton has won since he arrived.

15. NotJoshSmith // September 8, 2017 at 4:35 am //

Jeff Reinebold is a good brother. Have never heard someone say a bad word about them. Once had 2 Ticats living next to me, both took part on Special Teams and loved Coach Jeff.

16. Weird stat, and I stand to be corrected, but I believe Chick is the only player in the CFL who started the season on a teams roster and has still not won a game in 2017.

17. Awesome to see this true class act. Reinebold was used as a scapegoat in Hamilton should have never been fired. Offense was the major issue. The defense kept them in it most games hard to win when defense was always on the field. But he is a great coach will land somewhere else soon.

18. Don’t recall Kevin Glenn playing for a Reinebold
    coached Winnipeg club.

19. I call BS.

People who do nice things, yet record it to show off are nothing more than phonies. JR was overrated . Glad he is gone. Stay away Reinbold. Never come back to the CFL.

20. Jimmy Leadpipe // September 10, 2017 at 10:56 am //

Reinblow probably opened up the trailer, and went into Mrs. Chick’s personal stuff. Maybe looked at her undies and bras…