Lions selling “Rout The Riders” t-shirts

B.C. is selling “Rout the Riders” t-shirts.

For $20 you can purchase a limited edition rivalry tee on the team’s website.

In advance of the Lions’ game with Winnipeg, “Beat The Bombers” shirts were available, but that’s a much more subdued message.

B.C. did in fact “beat” the Bombers in a 45-42 back-and-forth Week 5 thriller. So let’s see if the Lions can live up to the slogan on their next rivalry t-shirt this time around.

24 Comments on Lions selling “Rout The Riders” t-shirts

1. Hors E Power // August 5, 2017 at 10:22 am //

Let me guess
    Stomp the stamps

2. Mohamed H. Nana // August 5, 2017 at 10:29 am //

Prefer
    “Fragile: Lick them Stamps”

3. Billinburlington // August 5, 2017 at 12:23 pm //

This gimmick is going to go viral across the league with each CFL team having a set.

4. Hors E Power // August 5, 2017 at 12:26 pm //

Teabag the Ti-Cats

5. RUN, here come the ESKIMOS

• LOSER

• there is nothing loser about 6-0.

• Worst 6-0 team ever. A team that lost by 59 points takes the Esks to the last play, 5 wins by 9 points or something and Maas is singularly responsible for getting the challenge review changed – such lame, grasping, desperate efforts… When Reilly goes down the team does too. Edmonton will finish 3rd in the West. Watch.

• Brad ask Ottawa if a winning record counts going into the playoffs. They have what everyone wants, the Grey Cup. Its winning the close games that make you a better team, and the last time I checked Mike Reilly is a member of the Edmonton Eskimos, he is the best but James Franklin can get the job done too. And what makes you think that if Reilly goes down were toast, Is it because every other player has went down and were still six and zero? I really don’t care about the win loss record, get in the playoffs and kick some ass.

• Reilly is a great qb.coming from a Stamp fan for 55 years. He is responsible for this win streak of theirs,but if he continues to run he will get crushed one of these games.Ed. fans would never say BLM was a great qb

• So what do you want from me loser, If BLM went down you think that your back up would keep the Tramps afloat, think not.

6. Did the lions sell any before last years west final??

7. antoine lussier // August 5, 2017 at 6:08 pm //

instead of “run here come the Eskimos” why not :Run HERE COME THE EATERS OF RAW MEAT!!!!!!” WHICH IS WHAT ESKIMO MEANT HISTORICALLY.

• Mohamed H. Nana // August 5, 2017 at 6:15 pm //

Respectfully, that is incorrect.

The term Eskimo originally meant “snowshoes” or “she who laces snowshoes”.

The belief it meant “eaters of raw meat” was discredited long ago. But the misconception continues…

Nanaman

8. antoine lussier // August 5, 2017 at 6:42 pm //

not what my CREE COLLEAGUES TELL ME–LOOK UP THE ETYMOLOGY OF THE WORD–2 THEORIES THERE

• Mohamed H. Nana // August 5, 2017 at 6:51 pm //

I’m not discounting the views of your Cree colleagues. I initially held the same view. However, after visiting a number of native related educational centres, I have yet to receive any information from them to validate that the term means “eaters of raw meat”.

Most sites I just checked show the origins to be exactly as I previously described.

Lastly, that is exactly why there has been little or no controversy over the use by the Edmonton CFL franchise over the use of their current team name.
      If any country were to pressure their teams to change their controversial team names (deemed racist), it would be Canada.

If you have another legitimate site other than “urban dictionary” (which supports the eaters of raw meat) claim, then please feel free to share.

Thanks

• The Cree language is so watered down and mixed up I would not give it any credibility right now. Merci, know what Im saying.Lussier.

9. antoine lussier // August 5, 2017 at 7:10 pm //

little or no controversy???? the leader of the INUIT TAPIRISAT has been vocal about the issue as late as this Spring on national television

10. IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 6, 2017 at 11:23 am //

Well. One thing is for sure. This wasn’t false advertising

11. Just to be clear, I originally started posting as “Dave” but sine someone else started using the exact same name, I changed to BC Dave. So any derogatory, name calling posts you see using “dave” are not me. Just sayin.

12. Hey, if it will help the lions sell a few more t-shirts I’m all for it. They need to find some way to market to the lower mainland. Small crowd to see them do exactly that to the Riders. Great stuff!