Lions make it look easy in win over Riders

Joshua Clipperton, Canadian Press

Playing his first game with his new team, Chris Williams missed out on the B.C. Lions’ customary post-win group photo in the locker-room.

If the Lions continuing playing like they did Saturday, there should be plenty more opportunities.

Travis Lulay threw for 338 yards and a touchdown to compliment a smothering defensive performance as B.C. downed the Saskatchewan Roughriders 30-15.

Williams signed with the Lions in the off-season, but the speedster spent the first six weeks of the schedule on the injured list while recovering from knee surgery.

He finished with three receptions for 75 yards, including a 14-yard grab on the first play from scrimmage to dust off the cobwebs

“Nice to go out there and compete again,” said Williams. “It was just an amazing feeling.”

Williams also had a 49-yard catch, but said that the play that made him feel like he was truly back came in the second quarter on a short completion.

“A guy hit me right in my knee – right in my right knee – and I stayed up, jumped and got the first (down),” said Williams. “That’s when I was like, ‘I’m here. My stuff is good.”’

Bryan Burnham had five catches for a game-high 131 yards and a TD, Shaquille Murray-Lawrence ran in another score, and Ty Long kicked four field goals for the Lions (5-2).

Adding a player of Williams’ pedigree to an already dynamic attack was expected to open even more gaps, and that’s exactly what happened against the Riders as the Lions wracked up 535 yards on offence.

“Speed kills,” said Burnham. “He stretches the field and brings a whole new element.”

Kevin Glenn was 19-of-27 for 186 yards with two interceptions for the Riders (2-4). Brandon Bridge threw late touchdowns in relief to Duron Carter and Naaman Roosevelt to break the shutout, finishing 6-of-6 for 114 yards.

“That’s three weeks in a row where we drop behind early and have to come back,” said Saskatchewan head coach and general manager Chris Jones. “You can’t continually do that.”

The Lions led 30-0 with three minutes left in the fourth quarter before Bridge led consecutive scoring drives.

The game nearly ended as the first shutout in the CFL since the Riders fell 26-0 to the Edmonton Eskimos on Sept. 26, 2014. The Lions last blanked an opponent nearly 40 years in a 30-0 victory over the Toronto Argonauts on Aug. 23, 1977.

B.C. suffered a 37-26 defeat last week in Edmonton _ the Lions’ second loss to the Eskimos in 2017 _ while Saskatchewan was coming off an encouraging 38-27 home victory over the Toronto Argonauts.

“It’s always really important to respond,” said Lulay, who finished 19-of-28 passing. “We did what we needed to do.”

The Riders and Lions meet again next Sunday in Regina.

With a thick haze of smoke from the wildfires raging in the province’s Interior region hanging over B.C. Place Stadium’s open roof, the Lions led 6-0 after the first quarter when Lulay found Burnham in the back of the end zone from 13 yards out.

Lulay, who made a third straight start in place of the injured Jonathon Jennings, then ran in a two-point conversion for a 14-0 lead.

The Riders looked to be driving for their first points on the next possession, but Anthony Thompson intercepted Glenn deep in Lions’ territory for his first career pick.

Long added a punt single before B.C. had a scare when Lulay was crunched between two defenders as he fell to the turf. The veteran QB stayed down, but eventually popped up and walked off under his own power.

“I’m sore, but I’ll be all right,” said Lulay. “Took a minute to get my wind back.”

Long hit his third field goal on the next play to make it 18-0, and Lulay was back in the huddle for B.C.’s next possession to close out the half that saw the Lions wrack up 294 yards of offence to Saskatchewan’s paltry 123.

“When guys execute you see the results,” said Lions linebacker Solomon Elimimian.

Glenn needed just 109 yards through the air to leapfrog legendary Riders pivot Ron Lancaster’s career total of 50,535 and move into sixth on the CFL’s all-time passing list.

The 38-year-old got the accomplishment out of the way on the first play of the second half, but the Riders would eventually be forced to punt for the fifth time in six possessions.

Long missed a 42-yard field goal for a single to put the hosts up 19-0 before rebounding with a 24-yarder on the final play of the third on a drive that was highlighted by Burnham’s 50-yard catch.

The teams traded fumbles on consecutive plays early in the fourth to set the Riders up in Lions’ territory, but Glenn followed that up on the next snap with another turnover when Chandler Fenner intercepted a deflected pass.

Murray-Lawrence ran in a TD from two yards out to make it 29-0 and Long added another single before Bridge found Carter and Roosevelt in garbage time.

“We just had the right mindset,” said Lulay. “We want to finish the football game a little bit cleaner that, but it was just the all-around team win that we needed.”

84 Comments on Lions make it look easy in win over Riders

1. What can I say…
    Travis…Love the guy,
    Bryan Burnham…Love the guy.

2. Prove Me Wrong // August 5, 2017 at 10:06 pm //

Glen does not start another game this year, or ever. He mave thrown for over 50K yards, but he can’t win games.

3. IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 5, 2017 at 10:14 pm //

COMMENTS:
    LOW EXPECTATIONS BREED EASY PRAISE
    I’m so tired of Carter. First quarter alone, the catch and the ball he gave away was mentioned at least 5 times. I don’t want to take anything away from the gesture but players do these sort of things all the time with little or no mention. It’s getting ridiculous and time to give it a rest until he can do it all again. Its only gong to make the inevitable fall harder. It’s worse than Trudeau mania!!!

SMALL MAN IN THE SHOWER
    0-3 vs west and 0-2 (and badly badly badly out played) vs the big boys
    That simple isn’t going to get you into the playoff picture

OUTPLAYED
    Sask was out played as a team and outplayed man for man in the individual battles. Could not make stops at big moments and choked when they had the slightest of opportunities

GREEN?
    Where was all the green in the stands riders fans claim is in every stadium? I saw very little. Is it myth or have they jump off the wagon?

GREAT RECEIVERS
    Sask does, BC does but as mentioned by Suitor it seems every team has incredible athletes catching balls. Good for the entertainment but shows a great passing game simply isn’t enough anymore

MUAMBA
    Getting a reputation as a dirty player. Horrible hit on Lulay. Second time I’ve seen him do that. Violent!!

QB CONTROVERSY
    For the 4th or 5th time in his career Wally has a problem. A good problem when the 2 involved are so classy and are good teammates. It takes more than talent to make a team good. Attitude counts for alot too. One of the many reason you don’t bring in someone like….as a random example Vince Young

QB CONTROVERSY
    I’m sure rider fans will now tell us Bridge is the answer. It would be nice to see a Canadian do it. but 2 jink time TDs aren’t a fair assessment

PLANS FOR THE FUTURE
    Sask gets an early start on next season planning. Sorry it’s not happening in 2017

WHAT DID WALLY DO?????
    I don’t know but I’m sure Chris Jones will let us know once he’s back home hiding in his office tomorrow

LOSE WITH CLASS
    Carter you don’t talk smack with a junk time TD. Look at the score. Also wear a proper fitting helmet and chin strap and you helmet won’t fall off next time you are speared.

WAY TO GO BRIDGE
    I’ll criticize Carter about but give Bridge credit for 2 TD’s. 3 times in last 3 weeks a Canadian QB has thrown a TD. Worth noting; Bridge isn’t a pure Canadian as he played in NCAA while Buckley is pure Canadian trained.

• doobzacheria // August 6, 2017 at 12:17 am //

RESPONSES:
      LOW EXPECTATIONS BREED EASY PRAISE
      Carter made a hell of a catch last game. A couple even. He made a hell of a catch tonight. His play was not the problem.

SMALL MAN IN THE SHOWER
      Agreed. We have to do better against Western opponents. And at least be competitive with Calgary, BC and Edmonton when we play them. And when we play the Bombers, I hope we have a 50 point lead or they will come back again.

OUTPLAYED
      Agreed. Absolutely outplayed today. The only phase that was okay was maybe the Special Teams. And I’m sure Bartel’s leg is sore. Heck, the Riders probably should send a check to Britain’s prostitutes for how much punting they did.

GREEN?
      There was a good amount of Rider fans in the crowd. Definitely not as many as there are in Calgary, Edmonton, or Winnipeg. But that’s a heck of a lot further to drive for a game. There are also fewer in the stands out East.

GREAT RECEIVERS
      Also agreed! Both teams have great receivers. BC’s O-line gave Lulay plenty of time most of the time. Ours not so much. And then when Glenn had time he was just not good tonight.

MUAMBA
      Meh. Didn’t look dirty to me. And Lulay wears freaking body armour. You could literally shoot him. Police should wear that, not fracking guys playing a game for a living.

QB CONTROVERSY
      Yup, Wally has a good problem here. Lulay looks to be back in MOP shape. Love it. Fantastic for him. Jennings looked real good too. Personally, I’d leave Lulay in till he struggles. But plugging Jon back in is good to.

QB CONTROVERSY
      Yeah, there will be a bunch if idjits calling in and saying that Bridge should be the guy. Bridge went up against backups, and against a different defense. Glenn should stay as QB1 no question.

PLANS FOR THE FUTURE
      Rider Math is in effect here early. We ain’t out yet.

WHAT DID WALLY DO?????
      Wha?

LOSE WITH CLASS
      Yeah, junk time smack talking is silly.

WAY TO GO BRIDGE
      Yup, Bridge was the CKRM offensive player of the game. But maybe slow down on the “pure Canadian” comments. It’s a bad thing that he went to school down south? You have an issue with a Canadian that has a chance to play at an (arguably) better football program than what is available in Canada? And at (arguably) a better school? And he’s good enough to play QB there? The not pure Canadian comment is just ignorant.

Alright, good night sir.

• Dan Bombers // August 6, 2017 at 1:21 am //

Great comment doob , nobody’s out of it in July in the cfl

• IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 6, 2017 at 10:58 am //

Of course no one is out of it mathematically but if you really look at what the rider will need to do now to make the playoffs it would be very difficult

• Bridge and Buckley both came in at the end of the game their performance doesn’t mean a lot.
      I doubt they would have much success if starting a game.

• Didn’t Buckley play almost an entire half two weeks ago? Although the game was out of reach, not exactly garbage time.

Dave Dickenson knows a thing or two about quarterbacks and he is extremely high on Bukcley. He’s been pretty clear that he thinks Buckley’s the real deal and if BLM can’t go, they won’t miss much of a beat.

As for Bridge, it’s less clear, but being a better option than KG is a very low bar.

4. I'm an arse horse // August 5, 2017 at 10:30 pm //

The “horse” is sure at kicking good CFL fans when they are down. Sask. is struggling, no doubt. But are you for real? I actually implore everyone on this site who cares about our game and the intelligent football commentary that happens here from time to time to use “horse sense” and treat him as you would a child: ignore him. He gloats, He is biased (and frankly kind of dumb) He is childish. He has “0” class. Ultimately, it is obvious he has never played sports at a serious level. Anyone who has is definitely cooler than that. He is compensating for something…

• Few things are certain in life. The sun will rise and the sun will set. As long as it involves the Riders (even if it doesn’t) there will be nothing but negative shots from the penis gallery (horse)

• IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 5, 2017 at 11:24 pm //

Actually if you read my comments fully you would see compliment too.
        But really; how many compliments can you expect after that performance?
        Sorry your season is done there’s no rational way to think otherwise

• IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 5, 2017 at 11:27 pm //

sticks and stones my friend….sticks and stones

5. BC made it look easy, but there were really only a few specific issues on the Riders side. The most obvious was that Glenn and the Riders protection schemes couldn’t handle the pressure BC was bringing, and that pretty much shut down our offence. For this reason I would start Bridge next week. I wouldn’t anoint him the new #1 or anything like that, but he’s better equipped to avoid the pressure and to run the ball, and that’s what’s needed against that kind of defence.

On defence, in spite of the fact that they were on the field for 38 minutes and they gave up 550 yards of offence, they only gave up 30 points, which is pretty good all things considered. We also gave up a touchdown on a rookie mistake when Butler allowed himself to get picked by the goalpost. Doink! BC’s offence was on fire. They were mixing up the run and the pass very well. Lulay ran more than he has been and he kept drives going. Burham was making great catches. Williams was a threat, at least in the first half. That’s a good offence.

I see the troll has arrived, so I’m out.

• IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 5, 2017 at 10:59 pm //

lol there certainly were “a few specific issues” on the riders side.
      You have a talent for putting euphemistic spins on things.

6. I'm an arse horse // August 5, 2017 at 10:33 pm //

i guess at the end, to quote you, win with class.

7. justforkicks // August 5, 2017 at 10:34 pm //

Riders definitely played to lose. Glad KG punched his ticket to the HOF by surpassing Lancaster in so many categories. The season is not going to get much better so BB should get some more playing time. I have not seen him play very much but when he did he was pretty calm and he has a very strong arm. Don’t be so petty Horsey about what makes a Canadian a Canadian.
    Not to sell the Lions short and especially Lulay. They played to win and will be vying EE for the west.

8. mrincomprehensible // August 5, 2017 at 10:38 pm //

I too get tired of the accolades sent Carters way but it’s not his fault he gets mentioned that often. At least he’s not as annoying as some trolls on this site.

9. I'm an arse horse // August 5, 2017 at 10:50 pm //

No you didn’t. Sorry, I gave you too much credit. My comment was in relation to yours which ponitificated about losing with class, dummy.

• IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 5, 2017 at 11:02 pm //

If you read my comment fully you will see I give compliments too.

• IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 6, 2017 at 12:45 am //

lololololol
      Yes I fully understand what you meant. My comment “I don’t think we played tonight so I don’t see how that’s possible”, was a sarcastic, somewhat smart ass rely to dismiss your “win with class” comment

Clearly you reading comprehension is rudimentary

10. No o line, sloppy db’s pretty much sums up the night. Lulay and the lions came to play. Gotta love Glenn and his commentary about the quarterback controversy – classy even in defeat

11. IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 5, 2017 at 11:07 pm //

I think lack of Canadian depth is starting to show. Isn’t Hecht supposed to be the starting safety? Seems to me an import played most game. Clark injury shows the thinness on o-line too.Dennis is irrelevant when you are so easy to exploit other places. You should have forgot about Dennis and gone after Deanne more aggressively as I’ve stated since February

• mrincomprehensible // August 5, 2017 at 11:19 pm //

Why are you even talking to us. If Huff doesn’t need you anymore I’m sure Jones would like to hear from you. As long as we’re not poaching from the stumps that is.

• IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 5, 2017 at 11:32 pm //

I wouldn’t work for Jones. I’ve tried contacting Reynolds but he hasn’t had time to return my calls yet

• Think Heche was injured ? but need a solution for tge recievers continually left open. Regardless, game over – I would have liked to have seen Bridge start the second half but there are people who get paid a lot of money to make those decisions and I’m not one of them.

12. Prove Me Wrong // August 5, 2017 at 11:22 pm //

The reality here is that Jones has driven the riders into oblivion. As long as his pea cocking goes on in riderville, the outcome if riderfailville!!!

• You may very well be right. From what I see, there is more than enough talent on field to be achieving outcomes such as this.

• IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 6, 2017 at 12:04 am //

Talent means nothing. Every team has talent. Every player on every team was the best ,most talented player from pop warner, to high school, to college. They’ve all survived cuts at the pro level…they are all huge talents.
        It’s how you coach and use the talent and strengths of the players you have that determines success

13. The Riders were brutal. Football teams need a Quarterback. Glenn could not throw a completed pass longer than 20 yards. At the end Carter just had to open his yap after scoring a TD. The return BC / Rider game should be 30 mintestinal rather than full length.The Riders continue to rebuild. Sad!!

• You can only throw long passes if you have protection.
      Many times Glenn had barely time to set before being sacked or hurried passes.
      I don’t think any QB would survive behind that line

14. Scottsask // August 5, 2017 at 11:28 pm //

No pressure on Lulay, therefore easy pickings with a talented offensive group. Lost the battle of the trenches on both sides. The better team won, plain and simple.

15. The 2 touchdowns at the end were important for next week to give us some scintilla of hope. BRIDGE or Williams should get mega time as Glenn never was the answer long term and we have to find a long term solution also not garbage time, we were an onside kick away from last week’s comeback

16. grumblingaboutgreen // August 5, 2017 at 11:39 pm //

how APPROPRIATE that saskatchewan only makes the SCOREBOARD during GARBAGE time, since they are proving TIME and time AGAIN that they are TRASH! their team NAME should be STRIPPED from them and given BACK to OTTAWA. if they like the ALLITERATION of their name MAYBE we could call the team something more ACCURATE like joness JOKE or prairie PUSHOVER!

• Keyboard tourettes ?

• IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 5, 2017 at 11:58 pm //

lol prairie pushover… I love it!

• You answer your own comments horse…..windows are licked clean and out of crayons ?

• IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 6, 2017 at 12:06 am //

Nope I do not. I know it kills you but I’m not the only one on here

• Doesn’t kill me, it’s kind of sad actually. I live in Calgary and know several alumni and Stamp fans. A little sparring is always expected and healthy, but I will tell you, those that have played and appreciate the game can be objective without constant negativity. Your team is playing well, the Riders are not – we get it, but you have to know when to let it go.

• Ottawa never had the name Roughriders. They were the Rough Riders.
      Two different names. Two different origins.

17. IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 5, 2017 at 11:45 pm //

Jennings could play next week. It will be a whole new set of insurmountable problems next week. Plus Jones will start losing players and the pending QB controversy could divide the locker room
    LOL they better hide the scissors in the barber shop lol (JJ)

18. pantsonfire // August 6, 2017 at 1:13 am //

Hello Chris? Vince…….Vince Young. Call me!

19. If the boys realize where were at, this thing could turn the corner. BRIDGE OR Williams doesn’t mean we’ve given up on the season, just looking to the future. We’ll see how much of a team player Glenn is. We are starting to have pieces and depth at some places. Way, way better than last year but still not ready to compete. Realize that and we might be OK

• Glenn is a team player and a class act – I think that showed on camera tonight. He didn’t have a good game, that’s hard to do when BC’s D waa in his face constantly.. I say give Bridge a start, he’s big, mobile and has a great arm.

20. Footballnut // August 6, 2017 at 1:46 am //

Bridge is a legit qb. He was invited to the NFL combine after his college career down south. Inked a free agent deal with Dallas but the word with him is accuracy issues at times. I hope he gets a legit chance someplace. Would be a black mark on the league otherwise.

21. I kinda feel sorry for all you drunken farmers, but not too much. You guys sacrificed your future (now) for one Cup and then Jones blew this team up – you gotta wonder if he knows what he’s doing. How long until you all grab the pitchforks and run him out of town?

22. That’s not nice accusing them of running people out of town with pitch forks.
    They get the wrong address and cover the neighbour’s lawn with manure.

23. Scottsask // August 6, 2017 at 4:50 am //

That only happens to the kickers! Lol

24. Only one way to find out if Bridge is ready for the big time – PLAY HIM MEANINGFUL MINUTES. Could be starting or with plays set up for him during the game. Has tons of CAM NEWTON type potential if allowed to play and develop.

25. IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 6, 2017 at 10:40 am //

Mosaic is crumbling this morning. QB situation is a mess. Jones will be calling Vince again. This all could have been solved by doing nothing at all. You could have simply showed the incumbent some respect and reworked his contract.
    With a bloated roster and no starting QB how does this team move into the new year? We know Jones wants Franklin and he will likely pay him in the $350.000.00 (perhaps more than he is worth) what happens then? Sask will likely have to drop salary keeping the revolving door moving. Lets hope the province can get over the spell he has placed on you and get rid of him!!!!!

26. BC, Edm and Calgary are just in a different league than us and maybe Winnipeg too. Potentially as good or better than any team in East but we are destined to be last in the West and no playoff spot. I guess improving from the worst team in league to 6th or 7th best is some progress but it is painfully slow.

27. LosDrahos // August 6, 2017 at 12:37 pm //

If so called football fans still can’t see the talent and quality of this years CFL then they are truly ignorant to the game and are in it for the bull crap propaganda and hype only. Eh NFL fans?

28. LosDrahos // August 6, 2017 at 12:57 pm //

I sat with a colleague this week sipping on a nice cold beer watching CFL highlights at the pub. I mentioned how good the CFL is this year and how entertaining the games have been..sans the reffing. My colleague……”I only watch the NFL”. With a deep sign….here we go again…and dropping my IQ I asked “why”. ” I love defense” my colleague said. So, as a tired CFL fan sick of debating the 2 leagues I discussed the Ray Lewis’s of the NFL world with my narrow minded colleague. Why? Because I am a true football fan who knows both leagues, appreciating each for what they are. FYI, I am Canadian first therefore CFL first. I am thankful for everything the CFL does for our country, cities and fans, over and above the game. Long live the CFL!!! As for my colleague, I doubt we’ll ever be friends or have a pint together again:) I can’t get into closed minded people.

• IMAN ICE HORSIE // August 6, 2017 at 1:05 pm //

I really doubt the average fan can notice the difference between caliber of play on the CFL vs the NFL. The NFL get more exposure and is over glorified at times. I think many people are simply starstruck.
      Playing games in the cooler months on Sunday afternoons helps too

Your colleague must be a real football expert. I don’t think too many casual fans enjoy defensive battles!

• LosDrahos // August 6, 2017 at 2:25 pm //

A football expert……no, otherwise this person would not right off the CFL.
        I agree with you that the average fan could not tell the difference. the only difference is just the production values……and the fact that even our own stations seem to feature more NFL highlights than our own CFL.

29. The trouble is Glen’s time as a great QB is over the defenses have got a lot faster and Glen has got a lot slower. The man fades back to pass the defense knows he does not have the legs to roll out, all they to do is pin there ears back and go get him.At 38 its time he moved over i feel for him he never won the cup in his time playing the game. His passing for 10 yards its dam good, anything out of that range you never know where the ball is going. If Jones cant see this then he should be gone to.It’s time to trade for a QB or play the backup QB if you wait till next year this will just be a wasted year.

30. TO you Rider fans, I said at the beginning of the year and I will say it again…No disrespect intended to you guys but YOU NEED A QB. Kevin Glenn is NOT the guy. You need to pick one of the younger guy and go with him. Live or die by him and Glenn will be the back up in case of injury. Then you need a #3 guy who you will develop.

In a game, injury to the #1 guy brings in #2.
    Garbage time brings in #3 (unless #1 need reps).

As a BC Lions fan, I love that Glenn is your number one fan. I HOPE that he starts next week. If Bridge is not THE guy then you need to find THE guy but I can assure you, it is NOT Kevin Glenn. I am not a Chris Jones fan either. Personally, I did not have a problem with the Vince Young experiment. He is not a flake on the field but there should have been a back up plan if that did not work (and not Kevin Glenn). You need to start a pipeline much like Wally has done all this time both n Calgary and BC. I really get the sense that Jones may be sitting back now and waiting for Franklin and, once again, putting all eggs in one basket. Maybe I’m wrong. Other than the year he broke his arm, I never did think Glenn was a really good QB. Again, maybe I’m wrong but it shocks me that he surpassed anyone last night, never mind Ron Lancaster.

• Rider Lifer // August 6, 2017 at 3:46 pm //

I think you’re mostly right. Going into the season Glenn was the veteran to bring some experience and stability, but I’m sure we were hoping he wasn’t going to be the starting guy. Young, who is still an option, is also a veteran but he’s new to the CFL and he’s been out of football for a few years, and now he’s injured, although he should be almost ready to come back by now. Bridge is the young guy who has been in the league a few years now and has had some success and may be ready to step up and start. Looking forward there are going to be some interesting CFL vets available next year, Franklin, Lulay and maybe even Collaros. On the end of the bench I think Williams is a good #4, raw rookie, long term developmental guy, but he’s not going to be a factor for a couple of years anyway.

• Pretty accurate comment Dave. Glenn was reliable in the day and filled in for near every CFL team at some point. I think he’s great to have in the locker room as the kids can learn from him. I had hoped Bridge would start this year and that falls on Jones for sure. I also agree that they need to start building depth (yesterday) however I don’t think Young was any sort of solution.

31. ,,Patience // August 6, 2017 at 3:28 pm //

It should be noted that when Ron Lancaster played, it was a 16 game season, not eighteen. Another factor is for most of the years that Lancaster was QB, he had one of the best, if not the best, running backs in George Reed that the CFL has ever seen.

32. As a Lions fan I am certainly glad we won and other than the stifling heat it was great game day experience. I feel a little for Riders fans and was sorry to see a smaller than usual contingent of them. Looking beyond the good natured ribbing (by most) the League needs all teams to be competitive in order to survive. I still believe any team on any day is capable of wining, that’s the way it should be and is. Don’t like Carter or Jones, but hey, neither do a lot of Rider fans.

33. Hey Ziggy. Welcome to another Lion fan. I agree, league need all teams to be competitive (as much as I hate it when we are playing lol). I know a few people who would like to get rid of the divisions so the best six get in the playoffs. Maybe I am a bit of a traditionalist but I really like the East/West thing. I think half the country would lose interest during the playoffs if it looked like a Toronto/Montreal or Edmonton/Calgary Grey Cup.