Eskimos’ Vidal Hazelton puts “tourist” hit on Don Unamba

Edmonton receiver Vidal Hazelton put a dangerous lick on Ticats defensive back Don Unamba.

That fits the exact definition of a “tourist” hit.

Hazelton drew a 15-yard penalty for the infraction on the play and should likely be lighter in the pocketbook for it too.

The talented receiver explained his view on the play.

63 Comments on Eskimos’ Vidal Hazelton puts “tourist” hit on Don Unamba

1. Hors E Power // August 4, 2017 at 10:25 pm //

Poor sportsmanship to say the least. Should have been kicked out.

2. Hazelton has always been a douche, so that he would pull this kind of cheap shot shouldn’t surprise anyone.

3. Dan Bombers // August 4, 2017 at 10:51 pm //

Took it like a champ good on him for not retaliating
    Cheap hit

4. Esks = Cheap Shot Artists #1. Lions a close second.

5. As usual, TC’s D can’t make a key stop near end of half. 23-11. And playing against a half depleted Esk team. This TC team sucks so bad they actually make a chunk of aging Muenster smell good.

• Philski Agree. The D lost this one. Now connect the dots for us … how does that make the loss all on Collaros?

• Cfl know it all // August 5, 2017 at 6:01 am //

Because once he throws the pick, it takes the wind out of everyone’s sales, like seriously dude what kind of a question is that? U duh I dunno cuz they prob would have had a better shot at winning if they did not throw a pick In the end zone on that drive

• Cfl know it all // August 5, 2017 at 6:09 am //

Why do u hate Philski so much u filthy bacteria?

• Ooo…I never said “all” my Amicus friend…that’s like lawyer slander or something like that. But I will oblige. I can actually connect 550,000 dots for you…but it is getting late and I have to finish my tonic, go back to bed, have another nightmare about TC’s being 0-6 and my province burning up, with some girly guy laughing in the background to boot. So why don’t I connect dot #1, let’s see, ok, how about Collaros throwing a pic at a critical point of the game (kind of like watching Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, non?).

6. Back in the good old days if Hazelton pulled that kind of BS on a TC he would have been carted off the field on a stretcher by the end of the game – message sent. But unfortunately this is 2017 and these are the meek and mild Pussy Cats.

• That hit should have been on Collaros. That way Philski would have less crying to do.

• Ticats fans chill // August 5, 2017 at 5:09 pm //

Hahaha agreed

• Ah, I need to correct you there my misguided dave friend. Philski is about love and peace (think Scott McKenzie…or hell if you don’t dig that then The 5th Dimension). I would never bestow ill will towards Mr. Collaros. Matter of fact I hope he stays healthy all season and plays every game (it would be a first for him). Nope…just want him to earn that $27,777.77 (sorry, forgot to includes bonuses – shame on me) that The Caretaker generously donates to him per game. But then again Philski is also about fairness and negotiation. How about he stops wearing that goofy non-TC cap during post game interviews? I’d even donate my Mike Kerrigan autographed cap to him should there be some current stoppage of TC merchandise and he doesn’t have one. Might even rub some good luck on him.

7. Well the $550,000 man does it again. Nice pic in the end zone Collaros. Money well spent Mr. Caretaker.

• hey Philski Collaros played his heart out either you strap on the pads and play or shut up

• hey Gurney, I call it the way I see it. If you are happy with a close loss and a half million dollar QB who is 0-10 since last season that’s your thing…enjoy…!

• Ticats fans chill // August 5, 2017 at 4:32 am //

Hey girly man, all the ticatz are playing there hearts out, that don’t change the fact that he sucks and is overpayed. It’s like me paying a chef to cook sh*t food for 550,000 a week. Like u obviously no nothing bout football, Think ur so cool attackin my man philski. Hell u doin?

• Everyone chant Garney the girly man
          barney the girly man

• Snake. Up to this point I did not think that it was possible for anyone to compete with Horsepie for the top Jack A$$ award on this site, but you and Philski are now definitely in the running.

• Cfl know it all // August 5, 2017 at 5:34 am //

Amicus it’s a movement, Philski has not done anything bad, it’s us his brothas and yeah so what we A$$’s, We defending the main man

• Cfl know it all // August 5, 2017 at 5:35 am //

And we throwing in a couple girly mans too!

• @Amicus – Just warm up a nice glass of cocoa and go back to bed my friend. It will be much better in the morning, trust me. Nighty nite.

• Ticats fans chill // August 5, 2017 at 5:09 am //

Hey that reminds me of the person u think is good collaros THE GIRLY MAN
          To guys are perfect for EACHOTHER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, alright back to my milk

• Ticats fans chill // August 5, 2017 at 5:37 am //

Isn’t Amicus a bacteria that’s in my nose or something sh*t man what kind of a name is that?? Sigh, back to my milk..

• Ticats fans chill // August 5, 2017 at 4:38 am //

Also Mr. Girly man I’m sure philski could play better than COLLAROS, freak , anyone could play better than he did. If u disagree, look at last weeks game

( I chant in ur ear ) 60-1 60-1

• Cfl know it all // August 5, 2017 at 4:54 am //

Mr. Garney ( aka girly man ) sorry bro but u messed with the wrong hood, it’s obvious to all that EVERONE on the team is playing there hearts out. But my man, wrong hood, no one corrects the man philski, btw welcome to the club All hail philski lol

8. I thought stepping out of bounds in the final 3 minutes stops the clock, why didn’t it stop when tasker got out?!

9. Why the heck with 7 minutes left didn’t Hamilton take the 3 points……..?

10. Ticats fans chill // August 5, 2017 at 4:35 am //

Peice y’all I really need to go to bed, time to have more nightmares about Austins never smile face and about collaros’s pass completion rating.

11. All hail philski // August 5, 2017 at 4:50 am //

Girly man girly man, I’m sure philski would gladly strap on his pads and play.

• Sudi the philski admirer // August 5, 2017 at 5:21 am //

Wow guys lets keep this movement going, we a family now my mans. We need to have positions life Vice pres. TFChill,chef of staff. /field agent cfl know it all, philski the leader, me the marketer and detailer and snake and mark strong advisers

12. Ticats fans chill // August 5, 2017 at 5:01 am //

Just woke up to get a glass a milk, ALL HAIL PHILSKI OUR LEADER, and a special cheers to the girly man himself

13. All hail philski // August 5, 2017 at 5:02 am //

GIRLY MAN GIRLY MAN GIRLY MAN GIRLY

14. Cfl know it all // August 5, 2017 at 5:13 am //

ALL HAIL PHILSKI OUR LEADER, MY BLACK AND WHITE AND BROWN AND YELLOW BROTHAS, U WITH ME OR NAH?

15. Cfl know it all // August 5, 2017 at 5:25 am //

Y’all we should have a comment gang name, The warriors of philski, Philski Fishes, Philski Ticats squad, Philski and all I dunno, I am wondering where philski is in the midst of this madness haha

16. OMG…I just woke up to get a glass of tonic after having a nightmare that the TC’s were 0-6 and my province was on fire…and I could hear some girly guy laughing in the background…it was SO real. Oh, wait a minute…

17. Ticats fans chill // August 5, 2017 at 5:41 am //

Man me sipping my milk just made me realize we have a movement my our team is still sh*t says all accept Mr. Girly man and Mr. Nose bacteria

18. Ticats fans chill // August 5, 2017 at 5:44 am //

Ah man it’s time to give ur brothas a sleep, that *Milk* hit the spot, yes all I drank tonight was my milk…K nudge nudge wink wink, man I have been sipping this milk so long there is none left in the jug

19. Ticats fans chill // August 5, 2017 at 5:45 am //

Bacteria and Girly man, RIP and goodnight

20. Ticats fans chill // August 5, 2017 at 5:46 am //

Hey philski u play any sports back then?

• Yep, ice hockey and lacrosse. Throw in a little soccer and rugby as well. But then you start getting old.

21. Ticats fans chill // August 5, 2017 at 5:47 am //

Just a question to wake up to tomorrow

22. Alex Droho // August 5, 2017 at 8:54 am //

Calling it a “tourist” hit is ignorant cheap shot journalism…..just like what the hit a blind side cheap shot by Hazelton. Clearly he didn’t have the guts to hit Unamba straight on. Might have been a different outcome had he done so. Unamba is a tough guy from what I have seen.

• In this day and age I’m sure “tourist hit” is now politically incorrect. May have to ask Trudeau for the correct terminology

23. Not a band wagon jumper // August 5, 2017 at 10:13 am //

He should have been kicked out of the game. Totally unnecessary action on his part.

24. Dan Bombers // August 5, 2017 at 1:07 pm //

Nothing to worry about all eastern teams are in contention for first and first week buy this is why they need to scrap east west sucks but needs to be done

25. What the…

26. Ah, c’mon fellas. Anyone who played the game before 2007 knows that’s football. He hit him in the front, not an ear hole . This is why so many fans over the age of 30 have a tough time with how rules take aggression out of football. I am totally in favour of player safety. If this was an ear hole or hit in the back or head to head, I would agree he needs to be fined. But a 15 yard penalty is enough in this case. No need to fine the man.

27. Before anyone criticizes, go back and watch clip. Hazelton gets his shoulder on front left number of defender. Defender lands on his butt. I can live with the new era rough play of 15 yard for catching a coaster but no way dies this warrant a fine.

28. I’m just shocked the zebra saw the infraction. Horrible, just horrible officiating this season.