Did Bo Levi flip the bird after beating Toronto?

After his team’s 41-24 win over Toronto on Thursday, Calgary Stampeders quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell was accused by well known Argonauts fan @ArgoDiva of flipping off fans at BMO Field.

Mitchell denied giving the one-finger salute to any one of the 11,616 in attendance.

Mitchell has certainly raised the ire of opposing fans before – his Tweets regarding the Riders pre-practice roster proved prescient – but he’s never been known as a bird enthusiast. Then again, if there is cell phone video, we’d certainly like to see it.

We’ll wait.

35 Comments on Did Bo Levi flip the bird after beating Toronto?

1. rider rooter // August 4, 2017 at 9:09 am //

well innocent until proven guilty. I have to think that Mr Mitchell has more class than that.

2. Who cares ?

• CC Rider // August 4, 2017 at 9:37 am //

Yeah, honestly. Whether it’s in person or on social media, I have no problem with pro athletes retaliating. If Bo Levi Mitchell flipped off someone who heckled him or something, fine by me. I doubt it would have been done randomly (if it was even done at all, that is).

I’m not typically the type, but I’ve chirped Shawn Lemon a couple of times. If he’d ever told me off as a result, I certainly wouldn’t go crying to the team or league about it. Or expect Lemon to shed any tears over my level of respect for him. Please…

3. cvmurrieta // August 4, 2017 at 9:24 am //

I’ll wait to judge until I see proof in a video. But, then again, our judgments may be impaired so much that we misinterpret a full-handed wave as flipping the bird. Better hand this one over to the CFL Command Centre for further review!

4. Correction – looks like 178 in attendance

5. If the attendance in TO gets any lower, it will be easier at the start of a game to introduce the fans instead of the players.

6. SuperSeason_88 // August 4, 2017 at 10:24 am //

Last time Mitchell was in TO, he spent the night with his arms in the air blaming the receivers for missing their assignments.

And then alter that night watching Ottawa get the Cup handed to them! hehehehe

7. Hors E Power // August 4, 2017 at 10:56 am //

People are starting to unfairly target Mitchell. He’s become a lightening rod and the media exploits that. Honestly who did he flip the bird to? There was no one there.
    IF he did I would say a fine is in order by the league or internal discipline by the Stamps.

• Hey horse – while you reference attendance, remember we talked awhile back about options for McMahon and how spendshi is against all things sports ? Nice to see silly hall spent a half million (so far) on more “art” by cop.

• Hors E Power // August 4, 2017 at 5:15 pm //

I agree. Believe you me Yup I am as frustrated with Calgary City Council as anyone. Neither Naheed Nenshi nor my councilor Ward Sutherland will get my vote this fall. No stadium but millions being spend on Olympic bid exploration. God help us if we get into bed with the IOC.

• There is more “art” going up on the other side of the road – probably another half mill but god forbid put a nickel into the flames or stamp facilities

• George Porge // August 4, 2017 at 7:11 pm //

As someone who grew up in Edmonton, I gotta tell you, I have no issues with Calgary allocating money for art installations as part of their capital funding (though, I do have to shake my head at the amount some of these installations cost. I guess being an “artist” is a good gig if you can get it).

I visit Edmonton often, and as a Toronto mayor once said, it looks like a clapboard outhouse compared to many other cities in this country. If people like you guys had your way, Calgary would wind up the same way – beige and boring.

I’m sure Nenshi would approve of a new stadium if it only cost a half-mil as well. At least an olympic bid would force the city’s hand toward getting new facilities built for the Stamps and Flames. At this point, I really don’t think the question is “if” anymore, but “when”.

8. This is pretty low for 3 Down Nation. Great way to increase click-bait and stir up some additional website activity. This ranks right up there with the recent Genie Bouchard article.

• George Porge // August 4, 2017 at 11:33 am //

Well, 3Down is only reporting on something that happened on Twitter, but I do agree that writing a whole article begging for video evidence of an obscene gesture so that they can blow a Twitter spat between a player and a butthurt fan into something newsworthy is a bit desperate.

• Garcia. Yes this is a pretty abusive example of click bait. Same goes for the silly article about Manseil’s coach wanting him to play CFL. No substance.

9. George Porge // August 4, 2017 at 11:36 am //

This kind of reminds me of the whole “Moon over Mosaic” thing that happened a few years ago. It was reported that Jon Cornish (who seemed to lose his pants on every second run that season) had mooned fans at Mosaic stadium, and Cornish even had to make an apology for it. Funny thing was that there was no photo or video evidence anywhere of the actual incident.

10. Wait….was there anybody in the stands to flip the bird too ?

11. BLM is a class act…. which is unlike any argo, or Toronto teams period….. grow the **k up troll

12. Dear Lori Bursey,

Re: #lostrespect

Please take up soccer #thanks

13. Hors E Power // August 4, 2017 at 12:55 pm //

Lori needs to learn some Alberta espect

14. Bettridges law of headlines states: Any headline phrased as a question, can be safely be answered ‘no’.

So this is what journalism sinks to in the social media world. A single random fan tweets and rumor, without any supporting evidence and it becomes an article impugning a public figure.

Good on Bo Levi for standing up and calling out his detractor.

As for 3downnation…pretty pathetic way to force content guys.

15. Blackhawk89 // August 4, 2017 at 2:58 pm //

11,616 lol yeah right, there couldn’t have been 9000 there

16. CFLs Best since 1990 // August 8, 2017 at 8:23 pm //

George, re: “clapboard outhouse.”

Don’t look now, but… you’ll be eating those words over the next few years. You may find out that Edmonton has become the most progressive city in the nation just in time to come and enjoy the most spectacular downtown entertainment capital in the country… alongside its’ epic river valley. That beige and bland label was earned, but it’s in the past now. Times are a changin’. Where do you live, George?

17. Genre Slur: Absolutely an in appropriate comment.
    There is no place for it on this or any other site.