Who you #GOT? Game of Thrones, CFL style

Game of Thrones is back and to celebrate we have to decided to do that thing where we match up characters from fiction with notable CFL personalities. So without further adieu, here are the CFLers who will battle for the Iron Throne.

Kent Austin as Tywin Lannister
Abrasive and curmudgeonly could easily describe both men, and Tywin’s life came to an inglorious end; could Austin’s tenure in Hamilton end similarly?

Justin Dunk as Petyr Baelish (aka Littlefinger)
No one plays the game better than these two. They are always three moves ahead of everyone else and knows things about you before you do.

Randy Ambrosie as Tyrion Lannister
They both like to drink — as one perusal of the new commissioner’s Twitter will tell you — and know things, and each of them were fan favourites from day one.

Chris Jones as Cersei Lannister
If Jones doesn’t get things turned around soon there are going to be more than a few people that will want to march him naked through the streets of Regina. Shame! Shame! Shame!

Jeffrey Orridge as Ned Stark
Both are naive, well meaning and thought they were doing the right thing. They both also got offed a lot earlier than anyone expected.

Eric Tillman as Varys
Tillman has been around a long time, knows everything and manipulates things in a way that no one knows he’s doing it. Shave his head and he is Varys.

Ricky Ray as Melisandre (aka The Red Woman)
Someone should check Ray for a necklace that hides his true age. At 37, he is playing like he is 10 years younger. He is using some dark magic to resurrect the Argos, at least on the field. Hopefully, for his sake, he looks better naked after taking off his magic necklace than Melisandre did.

Justin Medlock as Grey Worm, commander of the Unsullied
Cool, calm and collected, but also a stone-cold killer with ice in his veins.

Bo Levi Mitchell as Jaime Lannister
Cocky, arrogant, but also incredibly likeable. Both guys just have this charm that makes it hard to dislike them, even when they do things that make you want to hate them. Let’s just hope for Mitchell’s sake he doesn’t lose a hand.

John Chick as Hodor
A gentle giant whose bad side you definitely do not want to be on. He may look innocent enough, but he will mess your day up.

Kavis Reed as Jon Snow
They both were surprising leadership selections and each has a highly memeable quote attached to them. #Consequences. #YouKnowNothingJonSnow

Matt Nichols as Daenerys Targaryen
Both were treated shabbily early on, but as they amass the right team behind them, they could each do the unthinkable and lead a once-proud dynasty back to the top.

Karen Kuldys as Catelyn Stark
Both dealt with a tremendous loss, and both did so publicly. Seeing your husband get beheaded by a spoiled child-king, and then dying with your son, daughter-in-law and unborn grandchild has got to be the Game of Thrones equivalent of losing out on a million dollars, right?

Josh Smith

Josh Smith

Josh has been writing about the Ticats and the CFL since 2010 and was sporting his beard way before it was cool. Will be long after, too.
Josh Smith
Josh Smith
About Josh Smith (251 Articles)

27 Comments on Who you #GOT? Game of Thrones, CFL style

1. Hors E Power // July 17, 2017 at 11:18 am //

I’m not familiar with the show. If I watched I’m sure I’d have lots to say. I assume Cersei Lannister is a “bad” character. Kinda weaselly,dishonest, untrustworthy, treasonous??? Perhaps chubby and out of shape? Maybe cooks the bread for the village? Wears tight black clothes

• Haven’t watched it either but I will assume Bo Ho MO as Jaime Lannuster is a holier than thou ass pirate who has a love hate relationship with his center. He loves to get in behind him every down but hates when he allows the D through. Poor Bo – he has a city full of bandwagon fans and the one true fan is a horse s ass. Even the other fans think he’s a tool bag

2. Hors E Power // July 17, 2017 at 11:19 am //

Trust me Josh. No one wants to see Chris Jones naked

• Maybe we should do another comparison, how about Huffy looking like the grinch that stole christmas? Or Bo Levi the Rat, I’m sure you’ve seen that hilarious photo that was spread around his first social media incident( We could also use the example of a few of the hills have eyes characters as well Lol). Or how about Dave dickenson looking like a chipmunk? See we can all make comparisons. 🙂

• Hors E Power // July 17, 2017 at 11:58 am //

WOW Bitter this morning RobE? Did you just realize you missed stampede? The greatest outdoor show on earth? More people came through the turnstiles than live in the entire province of Saskatchewan

• I’m not bitter at all. I’m just making a simple comparisons such as you to another team. You feeling hurt a bit on this? Maybe you should take it up with your mommy. I’ve been the stampede a couple of times. Not gonna lie, it was just okay… There are much better places to go. To many arrogant cowboys walking around, not a fan. Same reason I don’t go to big valley/country thunder here.
          By the way did you like my comparisons? They are more close to the truth, than these stupid game of thrones ones.

• riderontheisland // July 17, 2017 at 1:10 pm //

ahhhhh, the 2 million people that line the streets of Rio everyday for the Rio Carnival might disagree. BTW the only people that make that claim are at the Stampede. I guess if you want to brag about an event that is a display of animal cruelty then go nuts. I wouldn’t expect anything better from you anyway, being a horses ass and all.

• Hors E Power // July 17, 2017 at 2:17 pm //

So you think the 1.2 million that came this year are just calgarians? Its world famous. It’s listed as one of the 100 things to do before you die.
            But Is guess compared to Regina or Saskatoon its not much

• I guess that depends on which list you are refering too horsie. Its gotta be your list of 100 things to do before you die. Lol
            There are far more famous fesival’s that people would rather visit. Carnival in Rio, Octoberfest in Germany, just to name a couple. Plus there other things that aren’t fesivals, aka Grand Canyon, Great wall of china, Great barrier reef, plus many more.

3. Riders13 // July 17, 2017 at 12:02 pm //

How the world does Dunk and Kuldys qualify as a CFL personality?? One is a hack blogger and the other had 15 minutes of fame when she could’ve won a $ million bucks for 2 kickoffs being returned. 2 kickoffs weren’t returned and she didn’t win…end of story. Possible poor reffing aside, she didn’t win. I hope this story goes back to obscurity where it deserves to be!

4. Hors E Power // July 17, 2017 at 12:09 pm //

Calgary Stampede- Greatest outdoor show on earth
    Calgary Stampeders- Greatest outdoor show on Turf

• Greatest show on turf but.. their team can’t even fill the seats eh? Thats quite some show.

5. BoDickenHuff // July 17, 2017 at 12:41 pm //

Great article, LOVE the Kent Austin comparison.

Disclaimer: Mr. Hors E Power (or any other pseudonym that is used) is not a true and accurate representation of Stampeder fans and/or residents of the Calgary. His opinions are his and his alone. Secondly, I am not him, and do not wish to be associated with him.

• It honestly sucks you guys get wrapped in to the same roll as horsie. He’s an idiot. I really wish that he would stop commenting and would acutally leave this an informative forum. But of course he thinks he’s witty with his constant ramblings and true hate for Chris Jones and the Riders(which he can’t help himself commenting anything us, even if the article is nowhere close to related). I’m just trolling the troll. Its the only way to get him to shut his yap.

• Hors E Power // July 17, 2017 at 12:47 pm //

Of course they are my opinions and mine alone. I never claim anything else. I wonder if you are a stamps fan or just pretending to be as a means of validation of your true opinions

• There are a lot of fans commenting for their teams on this blog and I enjoy reading them all for the most part. Each team has some fans that make the rest slightly embarrassed however I’m sure. I feel your pain!

• BoDickenHuff // July 17, 2017 at 1:29 pm //

I agree. With the high frequency of commenting from certain individuals, its useful to include a disclaimer. Definitely a good idea if other people assume that your identity is the same as our most frequent commenter… Great website though.

6. Good god! You guys are really taking the phrase “beating a dead horse” to new levels with your Karen Kludys fascination. Can we move on from that distraction?

7. BigRedMachine // July 17, 2017 at 2:49 pm //

I always felt that Bo looked more like a character from Vikings than GOT…

• Riders13 // July 17, 2017 at 3:32 pm //

Bo peep looks more like someone from the Hills have Eyes (as mentioned above) or Deliverance. And I don’t mean Burt Reynolds lol.