Madani: Bombers in negotiations with Ekakitie, will draft him first overall

According to SportNet reporter and 3DownNation contributor Arash Madani, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers have entered into negotiations with Iowa defensive lineman Faith Ekakitie and will draft him first overall in Sunday’s CFL Draft.

Ekakitie was the fifth ranked prospect in the final version of CFL scouting combine and 3DownNation’s Justin Dunk has him as the second-ranked defensive line prospect behind UCLA’s Eli Ankou, who signed with the Texans as a priority free agent.

The Bombers are likely to start two Canadians on the defensive line and Ekakitie could provide depth behind tackle Jake Thomas.

17 Comments on Madani: Bombers in negotiations with Ekakitie, will draft him first overall

1. mrnehnehincognito // May 5, 2017 at 1:36 pm //

Can’t go wrong with this pick

2. mrnehnehincognito // May 5, 2017 at 1:51 pm //

So Jones is on the clock. What does he do.?

• What does this story have to do with Jones, why the obsession? Are you stupid?

• mrnehnehincognito // May 7, 2017 at 11:33 am //

I certainly hope I’m not stupid bad. Say what you want. If you want to comment in the context of the bombers please do.

3. Jones is now looking for a Canadian in the California Penal League.

4. mrnehnehincognito // May 5, 2017 at 3:11 pm //

Would Jones trade it to MTL for Vernon Adams?
    Sounds like MTL wants to get into round 1 which would be smart and Jones seems hellbent on finding a franchise QB that doesn’t actually involved him scouting and uncovering one himself. This could make sense

5. no i think the riders will keep there pick and draft judge or a d linemen

6. I think this is a good pick also. He looks good from clips I’ve seen. Now what do they do with the 6th. I was think receiver and I know they have three Canadians at that spot but I’m not completely sold on them.

” Jones is now looking for a Canadian in the California Penal League. ”

Come on, even Sask fans have to chuckle. That’s funny stuff, good one.

7. I thought it was funny. I respect all of the Sask fans. Best in the league, and they deserve much better. Thats from a WPG fan.

• mrnehnehincognito // May 5, 2017 at 8:40 pm //

I agree they deserve better but some of them need to realize this fact and stop defending you know who.

• Darrell Pomarenski // May 5, 2017 at 8:45 pm //

I agree with you 100%. The league needs to hammer him big time for the next infraction.
        For all the players he said they have looked at, doesnt seem like their scouting staff has done a very good job.

• Dan Bombers // May 5, 2017 at 11:00 pm //

Well said Darrell sask fans do deserve better if anyone knows about rough times it’s us Bomber fans

• mrnehnehincognito // May 6, 2017 at 12:10 am //

Think how sweet it will be when the Peg finally does get a cup. It will happen one of these days

8. Geeze had to reread the story, I thought it was about the Bombers but by the comments it appeared to be a Rider story…Hmmmm this poor guy has to go to Winnipeg though…..