Vince Young touches down in Regina

Quarterback Vince Young landed in Regina Wednesday evening. Local reporters Lee Jones and Arielle Zerr gathered photo evidence.

Young and his agent Leigh Steinberg made the trip to Saskatchewan in order to “work on” a deal with the Riders. The team has set a press conference for 12:30 p.m. eastern time Thursday to introduce the newest Rider.

12 Comments on Vince Young touches down in Regina

1. I think we’re bordering on a little too much Vince Young Coverage.

This isn’t Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers or Colin Kaepernick. It’s an aging QB that flamed out/flaked out at his first NFL team and then bounced around as a journeyman/training camp body up until six years ago.

The B.C. Lions signing John Beck a couple of years ago had more upside.

2. LosDrahos // March 9, 2017 at 12:01 pm //

Colin Kaepernick hasn’t been a keeper either.

3. Ed Mc1/4s // March 9, 2017 at 12:51 pm //

What a waste of a plane ticket. He sure looks happy to be here… won’t be long until he’ll be leaving for good!

4. What can I say? Welcome to the Riders Vince!

It’ll be up to you to prove yourself to the team and to the fans. You’ll have to make the fans forget Darian Durant – win a Grey Cup and that would do it.

All the best, good luck and enjoy the brand new Mosiac Stadium!

5. stampland // March 9, 2017 at 1:21 pm //

Just watching press conference
    first impressions/thoughts
    Him and his wife looks less than thrilled to be here.
    CFL field is 110 yards Vince not 120
    Glad your financial advisors advice is so important.34 million earned and nothing to show for it..good advice
    Jones insecurities shows .Wearing grey cup rings from different teams is very tacky

6. George Porge // March 9, 2017 at 1:30 pm //

That look. That facial expression. That, my friends, is the look of a man who is in deep, deep thought. Reflecting on his life. His decisions. His goals and aspirations.

As he looks out the airport window, he sees the city of Regina.

Then he thinks to himself, “I really gotta hire a better agent.”

7. stampland // March 9, 2017 at 1:33 pm //

He struggled mightily with the word Regina..probably first thing to learn prior to a press conference Vince,

8. I would be nervous too if I was trying to return to a sport I love but in a totally new world regarding climate, fans and game rules etc. I thought he said a lot of the right things and lets face it athletes are not the best interviews when it comes to speaking off the cuff. I say let his on the field abilities speak for him. I was a huge fan of Durant but given the obvious it’s time to find a replacement and this might be the one. I have no more faith in Glenn getting it done than Young but in reality would love it if one of the young guys stepped up. Especially Bridges as that would be sweet him being Canadian.

9. stampland // March 9, 2017 at 3:20 pm //

nervousness is not a quality you want in a QB

• Oh just shut up already!

• stampland // March 10, 2017 at 12:09 am //

Like I’ve said Rowdy Rod.I can comment when I want ..If I’m proven wrong I’ll gladly be on here and take my lumps and eat all to crow you got

10. I like Bridge as well , the competition will only make him better . It’s past due not having a Canadian kid throwing the pigskin in the CFL ,