Argos extend Canadian kicker

Canadian kicker and punter Lirim Hajrullahu has signed a one-year contract extension with the Argos, per sources.

The 26-year-old played in 18 games for Toronto in 2016, handling all the kicking and punting work. Hajrullahu made 37-of-42 field goals (88.1%) with a 53-yard boot the longest and he hit on 32-of-34 converts giving him 143 points. No. 70 punted the football 112 times for a 43.9-yard average with a long of 71. The Western University product had 73 kick-offs for 4,657 yards (63.8 average).

Hajrullahu was named the East Division all-star kicker for his efforts. He inked a free agent deal with the Argonauts last off-season after playing the first two years of his career for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Justin Dunk

Justin Dunk

Justin Dunk was a five-year starter at quarterback for the University of Guelph. He covers the league for Sportsnet and 3DownNation.
Justin Dunk
Justin Dunk
About Justin Dunk (497 Articles)

11 Comments on Argos extend Canadian kicker

1. Terry Baxter // January 11, 2017 at 11:06 am //

And still no more sneaky good moves by the cats. Guess Kent is getting his Sneak on.

2. Terry Baxter // January 11, 2017 at 11:34 am //

Or maybe he is concentrating on ticket sales. Somebody must!!!! Cats can continue to play to thousands of empty seats. I can see the city of Hamilton city on a stadium with no tenant if this continues.

• Terry, I’m not sure where you are getting your attendance statistics.your comments would make sense if you were talking about 2013. Otherwise not so much.

• 2003.

Remember we were all trekking to Guelph in 2013 — 13k was a full house.

• Terry Baxter // January 12, 2017 at 1:26 pm //

I generally believe what I see as opposed to what I am told. I see thousands of empty seats at THF game in and game out. You can believe the announcer at THF if you wish. But as Richard Pryor said: who ya gonna believe me or your lying eyes. lol people who are believing that sold out propaganda are living in fantasy land. Average attendance is around 12k with a bump for labour day.

• You really don’t have a friend in the world, do you Terry?

• Terry Baxter // January 12, 2017 at 1:28 pm //

Just you Evan

• Terry Baxter // January 12, 2017 at 1:42 pm //

And of course all my friends here on 3DN. Hell, I got friends I haven’t even used yet lmao. Cheers Evan. You sound like a good sport.

• Terry Baxter // January 12, 2017 at 2:20 pm //

But all kidding aside. Pro football is dying. Look at the LA situation this past year with the Rams. Now the Chargers are moving in. $100 playoff tickets to the steelers game could be had for $40. The dwindling fan support for football is North America wide. The problem however for the CFL is much more urgent in that there were not enough fans to begin with. Thus any loss of fans would impact the CFL more severely and faster. History will prove me right. The CFL is one generation away from extinction and the NFL is two generations away. The attention span of people can no longer be held for 3-3.5 hours to watch football. Once the TV ratings collapse, something we are seeing in both leagues, the leagues are no longer sustainable. If I owned an NFL team right now I would sell right today. In the not too distant future franchises will be sold at a fraction of what they can get today. I’m not sure if football is losing its popularity due to the instant communication and gratification of our modern world or if because of its gladiator brutality or a combination of many things. But the end of pro football is nigh. Ark my words. But in the meantime, we older fans can enjoy it while it lasts and have fun with other fans in sites like this one. Amen.

3. I tend to agree that the game is coming to an end. But because of concussions- not as you insinuate – because of alleged short comings of Kent Austin.

In the meantime let’s enjoy the season. If being negative brings you joy … go for it.

4. Terry Baxter // January 13, 2017 at 10:40 am //

Huh???? Re read the post Zugarfan. I never mentioned Kent. I would never give the boy wonder that much credit. Jeez…..but yes let’s enjoy the season as there are precious few left